Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Smallpotato

VIP Member
I’m a big cinema goer @abcde123, and I highly recommend going to the first screening if you can. I book my seat when I get there and I ask to not be placed near anyone front/behind/side. I’m usually placed in a carer/disabled seat and that suits me! I wear a mask throughout the movie too. However I am double vaxxed, so maybe my precautions are a bit over the top 😅 because I’m feeling better, I’m going to see The Suicide Squad tomorrow at like 09:30 🤣

Just read the rest of your post so excuse the edit; I’m refusing to go anywhere at weekends or the middle of the day. little potato has his haircut tomorrow and husband is taking him!

Mrsbumble

Has anyone had a completely symptom free first trimester? I’ve got absolutely no symptoms (other than missed period and positive tests), literally don’t feel pregnant. No tiredness, no sickness, no heartburn, no headaches, no sore boobs, no itchy nipples (sorry TMI😜). I had ALL these symptoms with my last pregnancy pretty much from the first day of my missed period. My first pregnancy was pretty much symptomless too, but I did have sore boobs, bloating and tiredness in the first trimester so still had some signs. Starting to freak out now because I just do not feel pregnant at all, I’m about 6 weeks + 1 going by period dates 😖
Me! I’m 4 + 5 had a slight pulling sensation in my stomach and lower back pain but I always have that anyway! I was worried too as you hear some horror stories about the way people feel in the first trimester and I’m just like 👍 haha!

Mrsbumble

Congrats! I had an early scan at 7 weeks and told my immediate family then, once I knew there was definitely a baby there!
I’ve been toying with the idea of an early scan as I don’t really have any major symptoms apart from being a little more tired and a tugging sensation in my stomach. Did it put your mind at ease?

Jellybb

VIP Member
Yous have confused me now! Before I got pregnant my skin was terrible, oily and I'd need to wash my hair every other day because it was just a chip pan (although it's always been very thick and manageable). Now my skin has cleared up, nails are growing like mad and I haven't needed to wash my hair in 2 weeks. Are we thinking two boys?! I actually convinced myself I couldnt carry boys but now I'm doubting it lol
Bet you are having a boy!!

Walnutss

VIP Member
Hope you’re okay and it’s nothing. Is there any possibility it’s trapped wind? A couple of times in the first trimester I thought I was dying I was in so much pain and I was convinced something was wrong. Turns out it was just trapped wind. I think this happened to a few of us.
Me too I actually took windeeze
I didnt think the pain would be as bad but I mean every organ is moving so it makes sense. I hope everything goes well tho and everyone here is rooting for you. I spent everyday till my scan worried sick so much so I had one at 9 weeks too!

Smallpotato

VIP Member
@Smallpotato sorry to hear that you've been through an amnio. We had this too. Baby is 'healthy' and all ok. 27 weeks now. Horrific experience though.
god, isn’t it? I felt like they were flipping my belly button inside out. So incredibly stressful. I think I’m annoyed by the poor communication between all 3 midwifery teams, as all of them were not aware of each other.

WhatABore

VIP Member
So no scan for that one? They couldn’t see the gender at my anomaly scan so I’m sure she said the next time she will be able to see 🥴 I’ve got a gender scan since but wanted to doubly make sure there was no Willy 🤣
It only tends to be 12 week and 20 week scans. Some trust now do the around 36 weeks, but that's it.
The midwives never do scans though unless you're in the US where its all don't at one place 😊

Jellybean093

VIP Member
Gahhh I hate my local hospital 😩 I'm 27+1 for reference. Called up about feeling no movements today (but I was busy until 3pm so I thought maybe I hadn't noticed), except one tiny kick since I started paying attention at 3pm (I am in the UK so it's nearly half 7pm now). And just got told theres no reason to worry 🤷

I just don't get it, everything says you need to ring if you have any change in movement and the importance of doing so. So not just not feeling them at all, but anything like feeling them less than usual, or even more than usual because it can be a sign of distress.

So I've felt barely anything today and most days I'm grabbing Luke's hand a million times a day for him to feel.

I explained I felt one tiny kick while in the bath and that's all I've noticed. And she said oh well if you've felt a kick then you have felt them move 🤷 and just said call back later if I "feel the need"

Is this normal or would you not be happy with that??
That is awful and I would be up the hospital for observation.
Is there anything you eat or drink that normally get the baby moving?