Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dipdab

VIP Member
Chose our pram and car seats this morning it all is suddenly starting to feel very real 😅. I keep having random moments of panic where I suddenly realise we will have 2 tiny humans in a couple of months ..

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Nursty

VIP Member
Omg so I have a cord story to share.
At one point in my life I worked as a community health nurse in the health visiting team and I was doing a 2 year check on a child. We keep the stickers in the back of the red book. So I went to get a sticker out of the book for my form and the kids cord was in there!! 🤢🤢 Mum was saving it. I actually touched it 🤮 and you can imagine the smell after 2 years aswell. 🙈🙈

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 16

GamerLlama87

I'm down the hospital now! Still not satisfied with how much movement I'm feeling, even though they did perk up a little over the evening, so I phoned back. They were shocked I was told not to bother coming in! I'm glad I stood up for myself now

• Heart

AshW333

First scan later on today, really starting to panic now about it 😣 I hope they can find a baby and it’s not just loads of McDonald’s chilli chicken wraps in there.

• Heart
  • Haha

Borntorun

VIP Member
I’ve written about it before on a previous thread, but my birth was an absolute dream, induced, progressed quickly, grazes only. Went straight home from the hospital, took the dog on a 4 mile walk the next day. Honestly felt like wonder woman and can’t wait to do it again. Try not to be put off by all the horror stories you hear - I think there’s some kind of competitive race to the bottom sometimes

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Smallpotato

VIP Member
Please send nesting husband vibes my way as my husband is buying and building robots and I’m frankly, SICK OF IT

• Haha

wakametango

Chatty Member
I am absolutely shattered today, this weekend definitely took it out of me. I did a 2 and a half hour drive on both Saturday and Sunday and when I got home last night my feet were so swollen I was a bit concerned. I had reflexology this morning which helped, but they still feel a bit puffy.

Anyway basically the reason for my moaning is because I want to know if I can be considered heavily pregnant now that I'm 34 weeks... Because I'm feeling it, especially in the heat and with my swollen trotters! 🤣
Yes absolutely!!! I’m 34 weeks and would have said that from weeks ago. I have a huge bump though!? 😂

my feet have also been swelling for weeks, lots of water and elevate them when you can. When’s your due date?

Attachments

• Heart

Gorbs

Chatty Member
I'm jealous you all have enough friends to warrant having a baby shower! I'd be lucky to have 2 people show up!

• Heart

SavvyBee

VIP Member
Omg we have a pram!! Drove to Bush Babes in Hertfordshire and they were really lovely and had £140 off of the whole shebang that we wanted. I felt so nervous going up to the woman and saying we’d like to buy a pram please! I don’t know if it’s because I’m still not super noticeably pregnant or I just haven’t quite got my head around this actually happening but I feel like such an imposter every time I go in to a baby store. Lots of deliberating over colour later we’ve gone all black with the Cybex Priam and a grey cloud Z car seat. I then put it back on the little ledge, forgot to brake it and walked away and then it fell off the shelf on to its side…. FML I’ll probably have social services on standby 🤦🏼‍♀️ Might need to have it delivered as soon as it comes in so I can test drive it a bit more. Very exciting though, a complete pinch me moment.

a.pain

VIP Member
The day before my section I was doing the skirting boards and I actually thought I was never going to get up again, that would just be me for life 🤣 it’s a proper workout when you’re heavily pregnant, not for the faint hearted!
We moved house a few weeks ago when I was about 20 weeks, my husbands auntie was helping us and I got out the hoover to do the bedrooms and she grabbed it off me saying ‘there’s no way I’m letting you push that heavy hoover about in your condition…you get down and do the skirtings instead’! 🤣

• Haha

Neo2021

VIP Member
Another thread! X

ETA… I can’t think of anything witty to say and you’re lucky I managed to create one properly 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Nursty

VIP Member
I won't tag in case she's avoiding these threads, but does anyone know if small potato is okay? Not seen her post for a while now and thinking of her. ❤

• Heart

alwaysdreaming

Chatty Member
Hey all,
Thought I would join this thread I’ve been lurking for a while. I’m 13 weeks pregnant with my first. I’m excited. I don’t know what to once I give birth. I don’t even know what to do with a baby. I hope maternal instincts kick in.

• Heart

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
This sounds crazy, but roll with me. Twin girl is on my left and my skin is horrendous on my left cheek shoulder & chest twin boy is on my right and the right side of my face and shoulder (that is usually covered in hormonal acne) is completely clear and isn't as oily as it was pre pregnancy. 😂

• Wow
  • Haha

Extrafine

VIP Member
I feel so down about my body at the moment, I’m really struggling to enjoy this pregnancy due to it. I’m getting stretch marks literally everywhere. Even all down the back of my legs. I’m struggling with what to wear all the time because of it. I can hide my hips and boobs but it still doesn’t make me feel any better about myself. I truly hate the way I look, I just want to cry. Sorry for the rant. I just need to let it out. I feel I can’t say anything to anyone either, as I know I should be grateful to be pregnant, and I truly am. I’m just not coping. I see all these other pregnant ladies that don’t have half the marks I do, especially not all down their legs. I feel so crummy :(

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Omg I have a weekend off this thread and we’re nearly onto a new one 😖 had a lovely weekend away with some mates UNTIL yesterday when I was walking through a car park and literally tripped over my own feet and fell really hard onto some gravel and ripped apart my knee and hand. Didn’t actually bump the bump but I was so upset we decided to go to the nearest hospital to make sure everything was ok (it was). The midwives were just SO nice, the NHS can be bloody wonderful tbh.

(TMI) then today I’m pretty sure I’ve lost part of my mucus plug! I know this doesn’t necessarily mean anything but still 😬

• Heart

Definitelyme

VIP Member
Tanfastics are my favourite go to sweets, but after a few, I feel rotten 🤢
Do you think the sweet tooth is a girl thing? We have our 20 week scan tomorrow, but not finding out, and I’m living by old wives tales 😂
The penis on my 15 week old says the sweet tooth thing is an old wives tale 😂😂😂

• Haha

Kitt

VIP Member
Hahahaha I did that the other day and then I went down a hole where I was like oooo I have two heartbeats inside me, and two sets of lungs, and two stomachs…and…a penis?!? 🤣
Hahaha this reminds me of when I had my whooping cough jab. The nurse was like ‘do you know what you’re having?’ and I said a boy and she said ‘oooh there’s a willy in there!’ I was like how has your mind gone straight there?!

• Haha