Pregnancy #16 Baby brain galore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
First scan later on today, really starting to panic now about it šŸ˜£ I hope they can find a baby and itā€™s not just loads of McDonaldā€™s chilli chicken wraps in there.
Best of luck! Let us know how it goes!

Reactions: 1
My husband used to be a picture frame. A woman brought in all her sonā€™s teeth (he was an adult) and his cut off ponytail for my husband to frame. Not too gross, but odd.

Then she asked if he would frame the FORESKIN SHE KEPT FROM HIS CIRCUMCISION. My husband declined.
That woman keeps her son in a cage in the basement by the sounds of things. Creep.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Cybex gazelle stroller (twin package). Initially had been looking at the icandy orange but we preferred this one! The bugaboo donkey double gave me the fright šŸ˜… as Iā€™m quite small I didnā€™t like the side by side
Oh how beaut! I am dying for the bugaboo donkey but I can't warrant spending that money! Newborns are a friggen money racket honest to god šŸ˜‚
What car seats did you get? Getting these two things worry me more than childbirth haha

Alright lads, am I allowed back?

Babynewpotato is absolutely fine and we found out the sex, itā€™s a girl.

itā€™s been two weeks of absolute hell. Iā€™m off to pick up my son, go and buy my husband a bottle of whiskey and then lie on the floor for an eternity.

ive missed you all so much.
Hello small potato!! I'm so glad everything is ok šŸ’•šŸ’•šŸ’•

• Heart
Oh how beaut! I am dying for the bugaboo donkey but I can't warrant spending that money! Newborns are a friggen money racket honest to god šŸ˜‚
What car seats did you get? Getting these two things worry me more than childbirth haha
I use buses a lot as I live in london so thatā€™s what put me off a side by side.
weā€™ve gone for cybex cloud car seats, the lovely shop we went to gave us 10% twin discount šŸ˜… (every little helps)

We went for the donkey, we got it from a lady who bought and reconditioned prams it looks absolutely brand new! Worth having a look if there's anything like that in your area we got everything for more than half the price of a brand new donkey!

Reactions: 2
I was awake at 4am Googling snoring clinics for my husband because between him and a newborn Iā€™m just not going to cope šŸ˜¬. I donā€™t know if heā€™s got louder or my crappy broken pregnant sleep is just making me less tolerant with it but yeah, Iā€™m tired today. Some friends asked if they could stay with their 2 kids (we live in London) so I said yes and it turns out theyā€™re actually coming for a full on week. I kind of assumed 2-3 days but yeahā€¦ fun. Iā€™m already moody about it and theyā€™ve not even arrived yet. We are going baby shopping today though in a quest to start ticking some things off the list so hopefully that cheers me up (not going to lie a glass of wine would do wonders too!)

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
I was awake at 4am Googling snoring clinics for my husband because between him and a newborn Iā€™m just not going to cope. I donā€™t know if heā€™s got louder or my crappy broken pregnant sleep is just making me less tolerant with it but yeah, Iā€™m tired today. Some friends asked if they could stay with their 2 kids (we live in London) so I said yes and it turns out theyā€™re actually coming for a full on week. I kind of assumed 2-3 days but yeahā€¦ fun. Iā€™m already moody about it and theyā€™ve not even arrived yet. We are going baby shopping today though in a quest to start ticking some things off the list so hopefully that cheers me up (not going to lie a glass of wine would do wonders too!)
Iā€™m with you on the snoring thing, my partner has always snored but now Iā€™m pregnant I just canā€™t tolerate it anymore. I end up laying there in a rage whilst heā€™s snoring, the other weekend I actually recorded it on my phone and was going to play it back when he woke up and be like ā€œI CANT TAKE IT ANYMOREEEEā€, but by the time he woke up I had calmed down and heā€™s been so lovely to me lately that I feel bad šŸ˜‚ . I gave in and bought some ear plugs, wore them for the first time last night and had the best sleep Iā€™ve had in such a long time, I know I wonā€™t be able to wear them when the baby is here but they will help for now and make me feel less murdery. Why has no one developed a cure for snoring yet?

hope your week with guests isnā€™t too bad!

Reactions: 2
Itā€™s horrible isnā€™t it! You can get over the counter stuff but check with GP. Damn you pregnancy šŸ¤°šŸ¼
I did wonder if there would be anything pregnancy safe. Got an appointment with my midwife on Monday so will mention it to her then!

I use buses a lot as I live in london so thatā€™s what put me off a side by side.
weā€™ve gone for cybex cloud car seats, the lovely shop we went to gave us 10% twin discount šŸ˜… (every little helps)
You're just right! Side by side would be a serious faff! Where did you shop? And how many weeks are you? Sorry that is a million questions but I feel like I should be getting the finger out if you guys are and you could be due wayyy sooner than me lol

Omg so I have a cord story to share.
At one point in my life I worked as a community health nurse in the health visiting team and I was doing a 2 year check on a child. We keep the stickers in the back of the red book. So I went to get a sticker out of the book for my form and the kids cord was in there!! šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢ Mum was saving it. I actually touched it šŸ¤® and you can imagine the smell after 2 years aswell. šŸ™ˆšŸ™ˆ
honestly the things people keep šŸ¤® Iā€™m not bothered by gross things but this went right in the bin before one of my cats was like ā€œoh whatā€™s this delicacy?ā€

First scan later on today, really starting to panic now about it šŸ˜£ I hope they can find a baby and itā€™s not just loads of McDonaldā€™s chilli chicken wraps in there.
these past few scans Iā€™ve had have been like this. ā€œWell smallpotato youā€™re a fat cow who likes rustlers. No baby. Get out.ā€

• Haha
Reactions: 4
We went for the donkey, we got it from a lady who bought and reconditioned prams it looks absolutely brand new! Worth having a look if there's anything like that in your area we got everything for more than half the price of a brand new donkey!
I've seen a few donkeys advertised with car seats etc which would be ideal but we're so scared to buy ATM and keep missing out on these kinda deals lol I just dunno how much use we'd get out of it too and I'm as tight as a ducks arse šŸ˜‚

honestly the things people keep šŸ¤® Iā€™m not bothered by gross things but this went right in the bin before one of my cats was like ā€œoh whatā€™s this delicacy?ā€
Along the same lines, I did a birth course earlier this week with the honest midwife. She said youā€™d be shocked how many women bring their mucus plugs into hospital with them! Normally in a little sandwich bag like ā€œmy plug came away, here it isā€¦ā€ šŸ˜¬

• Sick
Reactions: 4
You're just right! Side by side would be a serious faff! Where did you shop? And how many weeks are you? Sorry that is a million questions but I feel like I should be getting the finger out if you guys are and you could be due wayyy sooner than me lol
Ah donā€™t worry -We went to an independent shop called bush Babes. Iā€™ve just turned 23 weeks, I did think it was a bit early to look but glad I did as the pram takes 8 weeks to arrive! Some other brands may have quicker turn arounds? The car seats were in stock which is good as we will need those straight away I guess if they arrive a bit earlier

I've seen a few donkeys advertised with car seats etc which would be ideal but we're so scared to buy ATM and keep missing out on these kinda deals lol I just dunno how much use we'd get out of it too and I'm as tight as a ducks arse šŸ˜‚
We're tight as sin too. The only brand new thing for the pram was the car seatsšŸ˜‚ I just didn't like the idea of one being on top of the other & the bassinetts for the donkey can fit two tiny humans in them at first which sold me for the school runšŸ˜‚

Ah donā€™t worry -We went to an independent shop called bush Babes. Iā€™ve just turned 23 weeks, I did think it was a bit early to look but glad I did as the pram takes 8 weeks to arrive! Some other brands may have quicker turn arounds? The car seats were in stock which is good as we will need those straight away I guess if they arrive a bit earlier
Oh don't get me wrong, we've been looking since 12 weeks, but too scared to commit lol I was thinking there would be an order time too so after anomaly scan we might have to really get looking and buying but all being well these rascals will stay put until 37 weeks!
My husband has been more concerned at looking at bigger "soccer mom" cars for me than actual things we need for the babies. I mean I drive a 5 door Peugeot, they're not gonna be stuck šŸ˜‚

Tbh we had ours bought and paid for at 12 weeksšŸ™ˆ buying double is no fun on the pursešŸ˜‚

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.