Pregnancy #16 Baby brain galore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She was! I told her so after she told me to get rid of my cats. This time at my booking in appointment I requested explicitly not to have her!

Here’s me at 36 weeks. I praise the lord for maternity vests.
For god sake that is a normal cute bump what is she talking about making you out to be ridiculously huge 🥴🙄
This is mine at 6 and a half months and I am wondering how much more to grow 🥴

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 11
For god sake that is a normal cute bump what is she talking about making you out to be ridiculously huge 🥴🙄
This is mine at 6 and a half months and I am wondering how much more to grow 🥴
You are both looking so neat I am 35
+ 3 and I am all at the front like very taught abs big 🤣 scared to post now x I basically look like Humpty Dumpty

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I was weighed endlessly in the last pregnancy. It’s like they can’t believe a chubby person is pregnant
I know right! My BMI wasn't the best so they put me in for all the chub checks like G diabetes which came back clear! There was a young girl training when I mentioned my feet swelling so she took my blood pressure and I'm sure she was shocked it wasn't high... I might have been being sensitive though :LOL:

Looking at your pic we're similar size!

Slimming world is so depressing I think it added to my ED!!

Reactions: 1
I know right! My BMI wasn't the best so they put me in for all the chub checks like G diabetes which came back clear! There was a young girl training when I mentioned my feet swelling so she took my blood pressure and I'm sure she was shocked it wasn't high... I might have been being sensitive though :LOL:

I'm similar too and they always seem low key surprised everything is perfectly normal 😂 I'm still training at the gym when I can and I've only gained 4kg at 30 weeks, I am trying here, no need to be surprised 😂😂 oh and extra growth scans (which I don't mind really, it's good reassurance for my anxiety too), shock horror, he's absolutely average size, as was my last baby!

Lovely bumps, ladies :giggle:

Reactions: 2

Mine started with the high blood pressure at my GTT test. Erm love it’s high as my baby might be sick. Jog on!

SW is just… bonkers!

I'm similar too and they always seem low key surprised everything is perfectly normal 😂 I'm still training at the gym when I can and I've only gained 4kg at 30 weeks, I am trying here, no need to be surprised 😂😂

Lovely bumps, ladies :giggle:
I swear my midwives are gutted that I’m not diabetic!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Omg she actually suggested slimming world to you? What the duck?
At my 20 week scan with my daughter, the guy doing it said I should consider slimming world. I said I've done it and lost 9 stone between my 2 pregnancies. His response was "Well you're still overweight why have you stopped?"
He was horrible. Constantly saying how hard it was for him to do the scan because of my weight. Refused to even look for the sex because he wouldn't be able to see it because I was "So overweight"
I was down to a size 14, so no, not skinny. But still. A lot of it was loose skin too!

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
At my 20 week scan with my daughter, the guy doing it said I should consider slimming world. I said I've done it and lost 9 stone between my 2 pregnancies. His response was "Well you're still overweight why have you stopped?"
He was horrible. Constantly saying how hard it was for him to do the scan because of my weight. Refused to even look for the sex because he wouldn't be able to see it because I was "So overweight"
I was down to a size 14, so no, not skinny. But still. A lot of it was loose skin too!
Omg I’m speechless 😶
A size 14 is NOT overweight 🤬 I’m normally a size 10-12 but obviously I’m gone up now! If they start that tit with me at my next appointment I’m walking out

Reactions: 3
I have left my hospital appointment with a potential birthday for the twins if I dont go into labour naturally before hand 🥳 This pregnancy seems to of just flown by.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

I’ve had an eating disorder since my teens and I’ve went down the slimming world rabbit hole too. It’s extremely bad for your mental health and creates the worst relationship with food… all these “good” and “bad” foods 🤬

• Heart
Reactions: 5
So strange all this weight talk, I was weighed once at 12 weeks and I haven’t had anything since!
I was a size 8 (not anymore) but I know I have put on a load of weight and I’m not being modest. I put on a stone within the first 12 weeks, but my midwife hasn’t said a thing. She just asks me am I eating and drinking ok and that’s it!

I would be so upset if I was treated how some of you have been on here. I really hope you complained and your bump pics are adorable! My husband says I look like a kinder surprise…. Not sure if that’s endearing or….

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I have invested in a bbhugme. It is worth every penny and oh my god I can’t wait to go to bed later 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
So strange all this weight talk, I was weighed once at 12 weeks and I haven’t had anything since!
I was a size 8 (not anymore) but I know I have put on a load of weight and I’m not being modest. I put on a stone within the first 12 weeks, but my midwife hasn’t said a thing. She just asks me am I eating and drinking ok and that’s it!

I would be so upset if I was treated how some of you have been on here. I really hope you complained and your bump pics are adorable! My husband says I look like a kinder surprise…. Not sure if that’s endearing or….
Luckily they haven’t said anything to me about my weight because I was a 10-12 beforehand but I’ve put up soooooo much weight now I’m ready for them if it’s mentioned at the next appointment 🤣 like the weight has gone to my arse and thighs big time 🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Did any of you have alot of appointments in your second trimester? This is my 3rd baby and on my booking in appointment they changed my dates by 5 days and recommended midwifery led and allowing me to check in with my GP on my mental health (previous PND with number 2), last week I received an appointment for when i'm 17 weeks, called up to see what it was for and they told me it's with my consultant :confused: Then another appointment letter has arrived today for this Thursday( 13 + 5) , I'm really starting to worry that something is wrong

Thanks ladies. What doesn’t help is that my two best friends who have babies both had emergency c sections and have raved about how they’d never choose to have a vaginal birth after, how easy their recoveries were.

I do read a lot of positive vaginal birth stories on insta but I’ve also inadvertently read/heard a lot of scary ones so I think it is just the fear starting to build as I get closer!
I had a vaginal birth and my recovery has been great, in comparison with my friend who had a section 3 days after me and she's on antibiotics with an infected scar. I think vaginal births are the ones you always hear bad things about but can honestly say mines wasn't traumatising at all

Edited to add I had an episiotomy so a second degree tear. Didn't even feel my stitches the first time I went for a pee/poo even though everyone said that would be the worst part 🙃

Reactions: 4
Another vaginal birth here with a slight graze and that was all! I think people are always willing to say the worst case for any birth but the straightforward ones are always never mentioned

Reactions: 6
Absolute bastard!!! I hope he steps on a plug every bloody day!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Another vaginal birth here with a slight graze and that was all! I think people are always willing to say the worst case for any birth but the straightforward ones are always never mentioned
Same! I worry about the recovery for a C Section but obviously would have one if needed, had a traumatic birth for other reasons, but the actual birth bit was ok and apart from feeling and looking like a deflated scrotum I remember being surprised how quickly I felt 'ok' again physically at least!!

Absolute bastard!!! I hope he steps on a plug every bloody day!!!
Agreed!!! 😂

Reactions: 4
I’ve written about it before on a previous thread, but my birth was an absolute dream, induced, progressed quickly, grazes only. Went straight home from the hospital, took the dog on a 4 mile walk the next day. Honestly felt like wonder woman and can’t wait to do it again. Try not to be put off by all the horror stories you hear - I think there’s some kind of competitive race to the bottom sometimes

• Heart
Reactions: 15
One of my friends had an elective section a few weeks ago for no reason other than she was terrified at the thought of having a vaginal birth. She spoke to her midwife who referred her to a consultant and she was given the go ahead no bother. She said it was the best thing she did it was all calm and controlled, she felt prepared cause she knew the day and time etc! There’s no harm in bringing it up with midwives, they can only say no we try for vaginal births first. Edited to add I live in Scotland.

Reactions: 6
Does anyone know what they do on the 28 week maternity appointment? Like is it another scan?
Mine was for bloods and anti d. If it wasn’t for that it really wouldn’t have been for a lot else… 🤷🏼‍♀️ I’ll see if my 31 week is more insightful
Added urine test and a quick listen to the heart

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.