Pregnancy #16 Baby brain galore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Alright lads, am I allowed back?

Babynewpotato is absolutely fine and we found out the sex, it’s a girl.

it’s been two weeks of absolute hell. I’m off to pick up my son, go and buy my husband a bottle of whiskey and then lie on the floor for an eternity.

ive missed you all so much.
AMAZING❤❤❤

I’ve just had my 31 week appointment and baby is measuring in the 97th centile! Has anyone else had any experience with this?

Reactions: 2
I’ve just had my 31 week appointment and baby is measuring in the 97th centile! Has anyone else had any experience with this?
Going through it now. She was 90 then at about 31/32 weeks she was 97 percentile.
I haven’t gained any weight in two weeks so don’t know if she’s eventually Plateaued. Scan on Monday to check, she’s predicted 9-10lbs x

Reactions: 1
Yayyyy @Smallpotato amazing news absolutely thrilled for you and how lovely a baby girl! 💗 trouble already mind! Hopefully it’s smooth sailing from here out.

I am in my pyjamas already settling in for a wild Friday night. I’m actually writing a Christmas shopping list and starting to order a few bits. November baby and I usually do the majority of the Christmas stuff so just trying to make life easier with bits I can order and put away now. A lot of people are getting vouchers / framed pics of baby this year!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Yayyyy @Smallpotato amazing news absolutely thrilled for you and how lovely a baby girl! 💗 trouble already mind! Hopefully it’s smooth sailing from here out.

I am in my pyjamas already settling in for a wild Friday night. I’m actually writing a Christmas shopping list and starting to order a few bits. November baby and I usually do the majority of the Christmas stuff so just trying to make life easier with bits I can order and put away now. A lot of people are getting vouchers / framed pics of baby this year!
I’m so glad someone else is sorting Christmas in July! I normally start November/December, but baby is due 1 week before Christmas. Speaking to my husband at dinner with the kids and they were all looking at me like I was mad for talking about it. They bloody don’t know how lucky they are not having the stress of being a parent 😂😂

Reactions: 3
Going through it now. She was 90 then at about 31/32 weeks she was 97 percentile.
I haven’t gained any weight in two weeks so don’t know if she’s eventually Plateaued. Scan on Monday to check, she’s predicted 9-10lbs x
We’ll I certainly don’t want to be giving birth to a 9-10 pounder😂 omg

I’m so glad someone else is sorting Christmas in July! I normally start November/December, but baby is due 1 week before Christmas. Speaking to my husband at dinner with the kids and they were all looking at me like I was mad for talking about it. They bloody don’t know how lucky they are not having the stress of being a parent 😂😂
Yep it’s got to be done this year! I love the run up to Christmas and usually love waiting to shop and wrap with a glass of baileys and music on etc but this year I’m just being practical, I am not going to have much energy with a newborn! I’m also a bit of a control freak so I’d rather do what I can in advance than let my husband do it 😬

My friend had a 9lb8 baby and insisted baby’s size plus gravity really helped - 3 hour labour, a few pushes and no tears!!

Reactions: 5
I’m going to pop all of this under a spoiler as I don’t want to upset/trigger anyone.

So after we had a meeting with the genetic team, we decided that the amino was the best option for us. Both husband and I are pragmatic and like data, we hate “what ifs” and we felt this option suited us. We received an appointment for two weeks time, but unfortunately it was on my husbands birthday and at a different hospital entirely.

I want to point out that I live in a small town in Nottinghamshire, so as a result of all of this I’ve ended up under THREE different midwifery teams. I have my midwives in my town, the genetic team in the next town with the hospital where I can have my baby and then the big hospital in Nottingham City where I had all the genetic testing.

I made a upsetting post on here a week later saying I was struggling to cope after I discovered that an ex boyfriend and his wife had gone through what we were going through, and their baby died. It set me off on a huge spiral, and unfortunately I was very very distressed. On the Wednesday I was hysterical and crying, so husband rang the genetics team who referred me to the peri natal mental health team. I felt myself detaching myself from the pregnancy and ignoring all movements and kicks, and finding myself saying “if baby is here” etc.

Peri Natal team were fab, managed to see and assess me on the following Monday. I have made the decision to continue seeing them even though baby is well, as I feel I need fo reconnect

Inbetween all this, I was due my GTT test at my women’s centre. Husband took me and I was sobbing when I got there. My named Midwife looked at me and said she didn’t know why I was so upset etc. Husband had to take over and speak to her, and I was allowed to go home during the two hour GTT test rather than stay in clinic. The named midwife kept saying “so if you chose to continue with the pregnancy” which I responded, “well do you know something I don’t know?” & she went silent.

Wednesday I had my amniocentesis at Nottingham City hospital. I can not fault these wonderful midwives and doctor. They were incredibly supportive and kind, not only to me but to my husband too. They asked him if he needed information, allowed him to ask questions and really involved him.

The amino was uncomfortable; we had a scan before hand which I struggled to look at, so I focused on the ceiling. The amino took a few minutes with a needle which is finer than a blood needle, and it just felt weird. I had bloods taken too, and I can’t express how kind everyone was.

the next day I had some cramping, but nothing that was concerning.

it has been a horrible two weeks. I’ve lost weight, we both have cried so much and littlepotato told his nursery teachers that mummy is sad a lot which made us feel awful. We felt as if we were grieving for something that hadn’t even happened. We dreaded every withheld phone call and felt all the joy of the pregnancy that been taken from us. We felt especially angry at my named midwife who said she wasn’t aware of any of the situation and was quite cold towards us both.

the peri natal team have been lovely, even asked if I needed support to talk to littlepotato as I had mentioned I was struggling to be a mum.

we are all drained. Husband has been incredible and overwhelming positive throughout the entire ordeal. My mum has been a tower of strength to us both; she rang every day, she’s dropped off food and always been there for me. I am so lucky.

we found out that we are having a girl, so we are going for Dorothy Leia. Dorothy as we have always loved that name, and Leia as we are huge star wars nerds and Leia always says that you have to have hope. We have needed a lot of hope these past 2 weeks.

on top of all of this, my leg is still in a cast!

littlepotato was 11lbs at 37 weeks!

A beefcake 🤣🤣 I’ve missed you!
everyone kept coming into our room, and we had no idea why. Oh wait, it’s because littlepotato was the biggest baby born that year in the county 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Over the moon to have you back @Smallpotato
I'm so sad for your that you had to go through all of that heartache, and I suppose are still experiencing it! Thank the lord she is ok though and you can start focusing on bonding with her and getting your headspace back to a new place ♥

I have a question for yous that have felt kicks and stuff early-ish on. I've felt a bit of movement for a few weeks but I couldn't definitively say that's what it was. Yesterday I was fully confident it was kicks and they were very lively. Also happened to be vaccine day and 1 day post coming off progesterone. I'm now a touch worried because I've felt very little today. I know I'm putting 2 and 2 together to get 5 but at what point should you be ringing the hospital? I'm only 17 weeks so it's still super early to even feel anything!

• Heart
Does anyone have any pregnancy safe advice for spots? I’ve been really fortunate to never have had an issue with them before, I’d get the very rare one, I’m now 9 weeks and my skins awful, it feels like every day I wake up and there are more 😞 I don’t really know what’s safe to put on your face and what’s not at the moment.
I use a gentle cleanser, and then azeliac acid and I also take zinc as a supplement which helps! How many weeks are you? I had terrible skin from about 13w and I’m 19w now - it’s just calming down! Hormones deffo go wild and don’t help.

@Smallpotato so pleased you’re back and baby is fine. What a relief ❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Over the moon to have you back @Smallpotato
I'm so sad for your that you had to go through all of that heartache, and I suppose are still experiencing it! Thank the lord she is ok though and you can start focusing on bonding with her and getting your headspace back to a new place ♥

I have a question for yous that have felt kicks and stuff early-ish on. I've felt a bit of movement for a few weeks but I couldn't definitively say that's what it was. Yesterday I was fully confident it was kicks and they were very lively. Also happened to be vaccine day and 1 day post coming off progesterone. I'm now a touch worried because I've felt very little today. I know I'm putting 2 and 2 together to get 5 but at what point should you be ringing the hospital? I'm only 17 weeks so it's still super early to even feel anything!
I started feeling little flutters at 15ish weeks, and it definitely wouldn’t be everyday. Only around 19 weeks (I’m now 20) would I start to feel them everyday, especially when lying down at night time. Maybe have a fizzy drink? Might get them moving? X

Reactions: 1
yes exactly that, scared me to death, predictions of 10lb plus, extra scans etc.

latest scan at 38 weeks shows he’d slowed to be about 7lb 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ All that worry for nothing and I’m convinced that they make it up as they go along

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.