Pregnancy #16 Baby brain galore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's Kylo Ren you like right smallpotato? If you've seen the Adam Driver Burberry ad that might get the sex drive roaring, although it's a little bit weird.

We took everything out of the baby room last night so my husband can take the carpet up and paint, and we have accumulated SO MUCH stuff. I've only bought a couple of outfits, the rest of it is all gifts/things people have passed on. I was feeling really grateful at first but I'm starting to feel a bit like a dumping ground and a bit gutted that I'm not really going to get to choose any clothes for the first 6 months. I know I could still shop for things, but I hate wasting money, so don't really see the point as our house is tiny.
I can assure you that between the Burberry advert and the House of Gucci trailer, it is me now following my husband around like a horn dog.

Same here @givemethegossx. I put on my private IG about all the amino and only about 2 people responded! My friend who is a nurse on my ward who spent £300 on her sons first birthday party didn’t even message. :-(

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Gahhh I hate my local hospital 😩 I'm 27+1 for reference. Called up about feeling no movements today (but I was busy until 3pm so I thought maybe I hadn't noticed), except one tiny kick since I started paying attention at 3pm (I am in the UK so it's nearly half 7pm now). And just got told theres no reason to worry 🤷

I just don't get it, everything says you need to ring if you have any change in movement and the importance of doing so. So not just not feeling them at all, but anything like feeling them less than usual, or even more than usual because it can be a sign of distress.

So I've felt barely anything today and most days I'm grabbing Luke's hand a million times a day for him to feel.

I explained I felt one tiny kick while in the bath and that's all I've noticed. And she said oh well if you've felt a kick then you have felt them move 🤷 and just said call back later if I "feel the need"

Is this normal or would you not be happy with that??
It's not normal no, they tell you if you even feel like it's out of the ordinary to call and they'll check you.
They'd usually rather you call 20 times and nothing be wrong than not call at all and something be wrong.

I'd call your number you get given for the hospital and demand to be checked

Anyone else’s friends not bothered with them since being pregnant? Like I’m actually so surprised I would never be like that!
Aww no I hope your ok it’s horrible when your friends are rubbish! How far along are you? I think some of mine didn’t expect it and took a few weeks to come round. Also I think a lot of people are acting bit weird/struggling after the stress of lockdown and the pandemic. Just not nice to feel like people don’t care especially if your the kind of person who is usually really happy for friends good news ❤

Reactions: 1
Aww no I hope your ok it’s horrible when your friends are rubbish! How far along are you? I think some of mine didn’t expect it and took a few weeks to come round. Also I think a lot of people are acting bit weird/struggling after the stress of lockdown and the pandemic. Just not nice to feel like people don’t care especially if your the kind of person who is usually really happy for friends good news ❤
I’m 31 weeks now🙈 I moved away before lockdown but visit regularly as it’s only an hours drive! I see on Insta with them all out together I never even get an invite! And my closest friend got funny with me when I said I could no longer attend a concert because it’s a week after my due date😂 I ‘m trying to not let it affect me but it’s just upsetting. My baby can be my new best friend🤣

• Heart
This is my hippy take on motherhood and friends; you don’t just give birth to a baby, you give birth to a new you.

I was/am that person who would said “a baby shouldn’t change who you are/stop you doing things!” & to some extent it doesn’t. I still would take my son to the cinema with me, go shopping, on the train, kid friendly festivals etc and we didn’t do baby groups. You grow as a person and you realise who is toxic and who is your friend for life.

I lost a lot of friends when I had littlepotato and I’ll probably lose some more when I have Newpotato. That’s fine, I guess it just wasn’t meant to be.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’m 31 weeks now🙈 I moved away before lockdown but visit regularly as it’s only an hours drive! I see on Insta with them all out together I never even get an invite! And my closest friend got funny with me when I said I could no longer attend a concert because it’s a week after my due date😂 I ‘m trying to not let it affect me but it’s just upsetting. My baby can be my new best friend🤣
Owe boo yeah its defo upsetting have any of them got babies? maybe they’re just drinking and assume you don’t want to come. You’ll make loads of new mums friends! Ive found some people are rubbish and some who I didn’t expect are surprisingly lovely. A week before the due date 😂 I feel like I won’t be leaving the house for a month before the due date the way I’m going 😂

Hi everyone 👋 Had my private scan this evening, turns out I’m measuring at 10 weeks rather than the 9 I thought, but I wasn’t 100% sure anyway! Can confirm that there’s a little baby in there and not just food 😂 they were wiggling around loads and doing a little dance, was the most amazing thing to see. Feel so relieved ☺ for now anyway, I’m sure I’ll be worried about something else soon!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Gosh, I go to work and you lot fill 15 pages?!? I’d catch up but I am about thirty seconds from falling asleep, working several 12.5 hour shifts back to back is not so funny in pregnancy, especially when the unit is busy! Is there a tl;dr of the important bits I’ve missed?!?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Gosh, I go to work and you lot fill 15 pages?!? I’d catch up but I am about thirty seconds from falling asleep, working several 12.5 hour shifts back to back is not so funny in pregnancy, especially when the unit is busy! Is there a tl;dr of the important bits I’ve missed?!?
Small potato is back, baby newpotato is well and is a girl, some people bought buggies, some people got haemorrhoids, all of us are struggling in one way or another 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Is your unit busy because of covid? I’m still off with my fractured ankle, but my unit is now covid 😭

Small potato is back, baby newpotato is well and is a girl, some people bought buggies, some people got haemorrhoids, all of us are struggling in one way or another 😂
New thread title is buggies, haemorrhoids and struggles oh my!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Is your unit busy because of covid? I’m still off with my fractured ankle, but my unit is now covid 😭
Some covid, some not. Definitely on the rise, and definitely seeing people poorlier with it this time round. I had a regional meeting yesterday though and everyone admitted to a hospital in our region with covid had declined the vaccine. Which I thought was interesting as a statistic.
I spoke to my boss about what happens to me with work after 28 weeks… I was told I can decline special treatment and carry on as normal, I can shield and not work at all but they expect me to properly shield and I can’t even go into a shop / take my daughter out, or I can be office based and do audits and policy writing. But they won’t pay me any antisocial hours money for that, I’d have to do it all mon-fri which would therefore be a cut in pay… so none of those three sound a great option?!?

Reactions: 2
Has anyone experienced sudden diarrhoea? (Sorry ladies) my tummy was hurting and all of a sudden I had an upset stomach. 😬 do I need to worry?

Anyone else’s friends not bothered with them since being pregnant? Like I’m actually so surprised I would never be like that!
Yep - one of my oldest friends goes out of her way to ignore my pregnancy and make anything to do with having more than one child horrific.
I think she’s jealous as she’s no longer with her sons dad(for a few years) so I fully see why she’s like it, but it still hurts. I just don’t speak to her now.

as @Smallpotato said - you become a new person when you have a baby. Some people don’t like it. It still hurts and it sucks. But it’s alright - it does pass, and you’ll grow into your new self and you’ll meet more friends on the same kind of path. I get it though, I’d never be so rude or ignorant!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Some covid, some not. Definitely on the rise, and definitely seeing people poorlier with it this time round. I had a regional meeting yesterday though and everyone admitted to a hospital in our region with covid had declined the vaccine. Which I thought was interesting as a statistic.
I spoke to my boss about what happens to me with work after 28 weeks… I was told I can decline special treatment and carry on as normal, I can shield and not work at all but they expect me to properly shield and I can’t even go into a shop / take my daughter out, or I can be office based and do audits and policy writing. But they won’t pay me any antisocial hours money for that, I’d have to do it all mon-fri which would therefore be a cut in pay… so none of those three sound a great option?!?
All of those sound like shite options, how can you not even go into a shop? Also, how will they know? Admittedly I’m still wearing a mask and limiting where I go, but I find that unreasonable.

I’ve been given similar options, esp being redeployed into an office based area with no enhancements or continue working in my covid unit, in full PPE. My plan before I smashed my ankle was to put all my annual leave at 28 weeks and go on maternity leave at 32 weeks. Littlepotato was born at 37 weeks and I was exhausted by 34 weeks, so this was a good option for me.

That is interesting and the same is reflected at my hospital too. A friend of mine in the states told me that the vaccine over there is compulsory for all healthcare staff, and I can see it happening here too.

I’m not sure how your staffing levels are, but ours are so dire and they still aren’t offering incentives. Just “come in please”.

Has anyone experienced sudden diarrhoea? (Sorry ladies) my tummy was hurting and all of a sudden I had an upset stomach. 😬 do I need to worry?
Yes, me the last 2 days, but the toddler also has it, so I’m thinking we’ve caught some sort of bug from somewhere 😭

• Sad
Yep - one of my oldest friends goes out of her way to ignore my pregnancy and make anything to do with having more than one child horrific.
I think she’s jealous as she’s no longer with her sons dad(for a few years) so I fully see why she’s like it, but it still hurts. I just don’t speak to her now.

as @Smallpotato said - you become a new person when you have a baby. Some people don’t like it. It still hurts and it sucks. But it’s alright - it does pass, and you’ll grow into your new self and you’ll meet more friends on the same kind of path. I get it though, I’d never be so rude or ignorant!
I use to be really conscientious over people’s feelings and how I made them feel, and now I literally don’t give a duck. I still have friends from infant school who ring me and we go out for lunch etc, so I can’t be *that* bad…

Yes, me the last 2 days, but the toddler also has it, so I’m thinking we’ve caught some sort of bug from somewhere 😭
Noravirus is rife at the moment!

All of those sound like shite options, how can you not even go into a shop? Also, how will they know? Admittedly I’m still wearing a mask and limiting where I go, but I find that unreasonable.

I’ve been given similar options, esp being redeployed into an office based area with no enhancements or continue working in my covid unit, in full PPE. My plan before I smashed my ankle was to put all my annual leave at 28 weeks and go on maternity leave at 32 weeks. Littlepotato was born at 37 weeks and I was exhausted by 34 weeks, so this was a good option for me.

That is interesting and the same is reflected at my hospital too.
I live in a small town, it’s hard to not bump into people round here 🤦🏼‍♀️ So I don’t think I’ll be shielding. I think I’m going to take up the office work, I have six weeks of annual leave to take, so I’ll move to an office at 28 weeks and then just stop at 32 weeks. It’s only a month, I can put up with it for that long! I don’t want to leave tooooo early as I want to ensure I get two christmases off on Mat leave 🙊

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.