Pregnancy #16 Baby brain galore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Random question for those who already have kids: do you think there’s an ideal time to have another baby? In terms of pregnancy and dealing with the child you already have… relationship between siblings… that kind of thing? I know it’s really just whatever you decide to do but would love to hear people’s thoughts on this. Better to have them close together or do you think a bigger gap of a few years is better?
The gaps between mine are
2yrs 7months (1-2)
2yrs 10 months (2-3)
2yrs 6 months (3-4)

So not a huge difference across mine, and it’s been a great age difference. Long enough that my toddler is able to understand things well, they can wait if needed for something, they are well through potty training so don’t need help with that, and they are old enough to enjoy having a baby sibling (holding, helping with nappies)
However, they are still young enough to nap (🙌🏻) and they all play so well together as the age gap isn’t huge.
10/10 would recommend 🤣

ETA: my siblings are older than me, closest in age is 4.5yrs older, and I remember playing by myself a lot as she was that bit older and didn’t want to play the same as I did (she is an amazing sister, always has been though! 11/10 for her 🤣)

Reactions: 3
Random question for those who already have kids: do you think there’s an ideal time to have another baby? In terms of pregnancy and dealing with the child you already have… relationship between siblings… that kind of thing? I know it’s really just whatever you decide to do but would love to hear people’s thoughts on this. Better to have them close together or do you think a bigger gap of a few years is better?
i think it’s hard to tell as it depends on so much but we will have a 4 year gap. He’s very interested, excited and willing to help. I can’t say how it will be in the future though as 4 and 8 year olds will be wild apart! I hope it will be fine, but it is what it is. There is 3.5 between my brother and i which I always found a good enough gap growing up.

Reactions: 4
My daughter will be two months shy of her third birthday when this one arrives… I’m not sure there is a right or wrong answer as to the best age gap. Depends on the children and the circumstances

Coming back to edit and add my daughter stopped napping at 18 months so there was never much chance of having two children that napped at tje same time 🙄

There is 2 years between my first two. It was incredibly hard at the start. It was a constant of feed one, feed the other, change one, change the other and repeat all day. Some days I wouldn't get a drink until lunch time. I was absolutely exhausted.
However, now they are 8 & 6 and the absolute best of friends and have similar interests.
I do worry they won't bond as well with this baby because of the age gap but I feel at least this time around they can fetch their own snacks and wipe their own bums! Plus they'll be at school in the day and not relying on me for entertainment. The guilt was immense when my toddler wanted to play but I was breastfeeding.
I think it's probably a very personal choice and pros and cons for big and small gaps.

Reactions: 5
I’d say wait until the other can speak and understand or do it like one after the other lol just don’t leave it too long >5 years they’ll be too used to being the only child and will probably resent the new one

Reactions: 2
There is 2 years between my first two. It was incredibly hard at the start. It was a constant of feed one, feed the other, change one, change the other and repeat all day. Some days I wouldn't get a drink until lunch time. I was absolutely exhausted.
However, now they are 8 & 6 and the absolute best of friends and have similar interests.
I do worry they won't bond as well with this baby because of the age gap but I feel at least this time around they can fetch their own snacks and wipe their own bums! Plus they'll be at school in the day and not relying on me for entertainment. The guilt was immense when my toddler wanted to play but I was breastfeeding.
I think it's probably a very personal choice and pros and cons for big and small gaps.
My brother and sister are 7&9 years older than me! I think when they were around 13 and 15 I was desperate to hang out with them but they found me very annoying 😂 we’re all very close now though!

from reading everyone’s opinions there really isn’t a right time! I’ve always said I want my baby to be potty trained/nearly potty trained by the time I start wanting to think about another. But I would like them within a few years of eachother I hope.

Some children are just naturally more placid and good sleepers though. Meaning a smaller age gap might work better. Whereas my 2 year old had me up every two hours last night as is very spirited 😂

My brother and sister are 7&9 years older than me! I think when they were around 13 and 15 I was desperate to hang out with them but they found me very annoying 😂 we’re all very close now though!

from reading everyone’s opinions there really isn’t a right time! I’ve always said I want my baby to be potty trained/nearly potty trained by the time I start wanting to think about another. But I would like them within a few years of eachother I hope.
Ahhh that's good to know. ❤

Honestly it was the constant changing of nappies that nearly broke me. I'd def recommend having the first one potty trained before having another. We ended up putting my biggest in nursery for 2 mornings a week so she had some proper stimulating play and I got a break/could nap when baby napped.

Hi has anyone else still been spotting on and off at around 15 weeks? I’m still getting small amounts of pink and brown. I got told not to worry about this at my 12 week scan but I’m still feeling nervous.

Ahhh that's good to know. ❤

Honestly it was the constant changing of nappies that nearly broke me. I'd def recommend having the first one potty trained before having another. We ended up putting my biggest in nursery for 2 mornings a week so she had some proper stimulating play and I got a break/could nap when baby napped.
Yes that’s my top tip for having two as well - make sure the first is potty trained before the second comes along. Of course plenty don’t, and they all survive just wonderfully! But it was something I was quite keen to do before the next baby arrived Each time. Just makes life a bit easier, plus we use cloth nappies so fewer washes 👍🏻

For me, it was so hard to go from 1 - 2. Eldest to middle was 6 and a half years, different dad, and she has never really liked him, gets quite jealous (that is probably a different dads rather than age gap) middle was nearly 3 and a half when toddler was born, and they have the best relationship ever. They are obsessed with each other. There will be just over 2 years with youngest and new baby, which is a bit nerve racking because it’s my smallest gap 😬 but I’m sure, and hope it’ll be fine !

There’s 5 years between me and my sister (I’m oldest) and we’re super close and best friends. One of my friends and her sister are just under a year and I remeber them fighting all the time as kids. I guess everyone is different

There’s 5 years between me and my sister (I’m oldest) and we’re super close and best friends. One of my friends and her sister are just under a year and I remeber them fighting all the time as kids. I guess everyone is different
I’m 3 years younger than my brother and we’ve always been close. My sister is 5 years younger, and me or my brother weren’t a fan, but we are all really close now

Hello my pregnant ladies. I missed this thread too much.
Week one of being Thomas's mum complete.
Things I've learned:
-Our bodies are incredible things. Before Thomas was born I really worried about how I and my partner would feel about all the changes to my body, but now I'm just amazed by it. Every stretch mark, the weight gain, everything is absolutely worth it.
-Day 1-3 after baby is newborn bliss, then day 4 hits and BAM the tiredness and hormones hit like a truck. I cried day 4 and 6 PP.
-Baby blues are normal, have a good support system, talk to your partners, friends that have had babies, etc, and know you're not alone.
-things that once mattered don't anymore, I used to never leave the house without make up on with worry of anyone seeing me and judging me, now I don't give a crap.
-parents will voice their opinions and potentially upset you after you've had baby, ignore it, or in my case have a wonderful partner that fights my corner and tells them to back off.
-even if you're not breastfeeding, your boobs will leak and they will hurt.
-pain are a girls best friend
-dont forget to eat. I did. And it made me feel very weak. Look after yourselves as well as your baby.
-despite what any voice in your head says, you've got this.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I have 19 months between my first two and there will be hopefully 23 months between my next. It can’t have been that bad as obviously I’m doing the smaller age gap again, I love that they have similar interests already, days out are fab because everyone is loving it, they watch similar things, do and like similar activities, I’ll only be doing the school run for a shorter amount of time (lol) etc and watching their relationship grow is so so SO lovely it makes my heart burst BUT also bed times are an absolute bleeping nightmare (I don’t say that lightly), the eldest thought his world had ended when his brother came along because he just did not understand why he couldn’t have all of our attention (did quickly get over this, mind), you expect your older one to be much older than they are even though they’re still just a baby, dividing your attention is hard because they’re both so young, going out isn’t just a 2 minute pop to the shops as you have to take half your house with you wherever you go...just in case. Also..noise levels are INTENSE at times (especially when they both are kicking off about something at the same time) and you essentially wreck everyone’s house you go to with toys and crumbs. I hope that they are close as they are growing up and all in all I wouldn’t have changed it at all. I would assume that bigger age gap is less physically demanding and lovely when the older ones can be a bit more independent but comes with other issues like not everyone being on the same page, spreading yourself out activity wise, people being in different places, dealing with babies but also school...

Essentially you literally can’t win!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’ve had such a nice day.
My friends baby is 9 days old, so I went round and cooked her and her partner dinner, brought the pre cut tubs of fruit for next 3 days. Cut and washed veg Battons with dips and choc rice cakes with an almond croissant treat (her fav). I got new born snuggles in then washed up for her, made her tea and left as her partner got in from work
Let’s all hope we get the same from someone in this early days hey 💚 x

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Things I've learned:
-Our bodies are incredible things. Before Thomas was born I really worried about how I and my partner would feel about all the changes to my body, but now I'm just amazed by it. Every stretch mark, the weight gain, everything is absolutely worth it.
-Day 1-3 after baby is newborn bliss, then day 4 hits and BAM the tiredness and hormones hit like a truck. I cried day 4 and 6 PP.
-Baby blues are normal, have a good support system, talk to your partners, friends that have had babies, etc, and know you're not alone.
-things that once mattered don't anymore, I used to never leave the house without make up on with worry of anyone seeing me and judging me, now I don't give a crap.
-parents will voice their opinions and potentially upset you after you've had baby, ignore it, or in my case have a wonderful partner that fights my corner and tells them to back off.
-dont forget to eat. I did. And it made me feel very weak. Look after yourselves as well as your baby.
What a helpful post thank you for updating us and lovely to hear from you and wow that has flown by! Are you ok in yourself? Do you have any tips or recommendations for hospital bag equipment I’ve just been to boots spent 80 quid and I can’t believe spritz for bits is 20 quid!! Xx

My friends baby is 9 days old, so I went round and cooked her and her partner dinner, brought the pre cut tubs of fruit for next 3 days. Cut and washed veg Battons with dips and choc rice cakes with an almond croissant treat (her fav). I got new born snuggles in then washed up for her, made her tea and left as her partner got in from work
This is such a lovely thing to do you are cute 🥰

What an absolutely lush thing to do. Your friends are incredibly lucky to have you 💕

• Heart
Things I've learned:
Love this so much! Hope you are all okay!🥰

What a helpful post thank you for updating us and lovely to hear from you and wow that has flown by! Are you ok in yourself? Do you have any tips or recommendations for hospital bag equipment I’ve just been to boots spent 80 quid and I can’t believe spritz for bits is 20 quid!! Xx

This is such a lovely thing to do you are cute 🥰
Boots do their own version of spritz for bitz called bottoms up. I've been using it and my stitches are great 👍 it's only £10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.