Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Seethroughthecrap

Blimey how many new members to this thread in the last few days? ?
Perhaps we should all pull a Rebecca and ask all those who are currently reading these threads, perhaps for quite a while and ask you all to set up a username here and even you don't want to post on a regular basis, just give us a thumbs up to let us know you're a reformed former sheep who has seen the light:LOL:(y) All welcome!

Edit: That wasn't a plug to give this post a like lol
Post a "comment" with a (y) to all the newbies!

Last edited:
Reactions: 77
B

Birdie

?? Hello from Milly, Tilly, Bunty, Bertie, Hugo and Uncle Hector

Reactions: 55

Mrspowell

VIP Member
14 long long threads later. And I am no longer a sheep. Eye opening. And funny now my eyes have been opened, i can see it all so clearly. Sad to think of the days I sat inside feeling like a crap mum with my first baby because I wasn’t like Mrs M who had it all together. Wow. I’d love to write to her and tell her the damage she is doing. Silly silly little girl.

Also, did she just promote using internet to print craft/colouring stuff of for free to do with the kids? When she’s about to bring out a book you gotta pay for to do just that ??? how daft can you get!

Reactions: 49
B

Birdie

The kids are over exposed. Real public figures go to great lengths to protect the children’s identity and privacy.

If she wants to be aspirational or relatable how about.....
“How we survived no spend month- tips on being smart with ££”
“ Applying for primary school in Scotland - how it all works.”
“Veggie family meals- our meal plans, recipes and feedback.
“Booking a package holiday- how to use websites, apps, what to budget, what to expect, what to bring”
“My new hobby- how I survived my yoga challenge, what I learned, what I wore, how I felt”
“My week volunteering - how good it made me feel, how you can join in”

All of those must have ad related work so it flows.

People would be uplifted by relatable, doable, achievable “I’m just like you content.” You’d want your viewers to have learned something from your experiences or live vicariously through you.

While it reflects adults shopping, cooking, cleaning and emptying the dishwasher etc whilst earning a great wage, it will never sit well with normal working folk.

I’m out ??

It’s interesting if you read the difference between rude, mean and bullying.

Oh and finally
Anyone who puts their family life online for anyone/everyone to see HAS to know that people will have all kinds of opinions.
Learn to respond with
“ I’m sorry you feel that way but...
“I’ll take that on board....
“We can agree to disagree etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 46

baldy111

Found tattle through a comment on her tivolli post at the weekend...after ALOT of reading on here I’ve unfollowed her.
I’m local ish to her and have followed her Since she was pregnant with P.
I’ll be honest I was never really keen on her, the constant ads, having kids of similar ages and feeling not as good as her and also something about her attitude put me off. However a few months ago I started to warm to her after the insta stories of her crying because of ‘trolls’
But since the Christmas holidays every time I see her I think ‘wtf am I watching?!’
She is so unrelatable. There’s no way she can carry on her channel they way it is at the moment. It’s absolute drivel.
This site has really opened my eyes to the sneakiness around ads, I’ve unfollowed a few others this week too.
I’ve noticed on insta stories this week she seems quite nervous? Especially when she speaks about something she’s obviosuly read here, anyone else think so?

Reactions: 42

Idkk

Chatty Member
Hi, hey, as someone who ended up in foster care due to neglect (among other things), can we draw a line under this ridiculous notion. It’s bonkers. Rebecca is many things but she’s not neglectful. She’s just an idiot. Let’s not dilute our true concerns.

Reactions: 40

Pink peony

I have been following along with this thread for about a month now and saw a comment a few pages back asking for all the silent followers to say hi (in true Meldrum style :LOL:) I was what you refer to as a sheep but the wool is no longer over my eyes! I was disgusted by Rebecca’s behavior during the whole DLP lie, and maybe would of forgiven her if she had apologised. However when she got caught out she tried to play the victim and gain sympathy from all her followers by saying she was being bullied I saw straight through the fake tears. She needs to act like a grown woman if she wants the respect from others. Until she owns up to her own mistakes and stops trying to blame others for her behavior I will no longer be supporting her. Also can’t stand the constant ad after ad, she’s a proven liar so why would I want to buy anything she’s promoting!

Reactions: 38

FitiverMin

Chatty Member
I know it’s a wee bit shite, but it’s my first try...

Reb’s mood’s shifted, the sheep have lifted, spending banned unless it’s #gifted

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Please invest your time doing something productive. If you don’t like Rebecca anymore then that’s fine. No one is forcing you to. But don’t spend your precious time looking at her insta and watching her videos just looking for things to criticise her on. It’s just a waste of your time. And time is so precious. You only live once. Instead of being on your phone writing these horrible messages tearing down someone. Use that time to do something productive.
Here’s the thing Rebecca,

At one point, we all liked you. But something about the way you are conducting yourself and your business has become pretty dreadful. I’v been blocked now....(twice) for merely pointing out a differing opinion (nothing nasty or troll like at all) I absolutely do not condone trolling or mean words being said about your or your kids.

I am an extremely positive, mum of 2 who works part time and spends an abundance of time with my family where I can, so when you say ‘find somthing better to do with your time’ oh trust me, I have a very well balanced life. But you are now serving your followers a complete injustice by deleting and blocking us, and it’s rattled us a little, and now we feel like we want to get the message out that you are not as genuine as seems. You’ve become a cash cow for all these ADS/SPONS/AF. That’s fine, but BE HONEST!!!Your doing a complete dishonour to all of your viewers....vulnerable ones. Your lifestyle is completely unn-atainable for the norm.

You come across rude, arrogant, narcissistic and it really doesn’t suit you. Please for the love of god, own up to your mistakes, hold your hands up, admit the excessive blocking/deleting (which must consume most of your day btw).

I really used to love your videos, and was actually a little hurt that you blocked me. I’m just glad there’s so many of us that have been treated the same, no longer feel like an idiot for being blocked by ‘mrs meldrum’

Reactions: 36

Notfazed

Hi all, only joined a few days ago, was a fellow sheep ? but no more. She's just posted a story asking for the silent viewers to comment on her newest video, guess its coz she needs to up her engagement numbers. Also thanks for opening my eyes.

Reactions: 35

montydonfc

VIP Member
Just watched the “what’s new in primark” video.

I legit cannot believe this woman claims this is her full time career to “create content” to share with others.

Having your kid sister follow you round with the camera like you’re some sort of celeb, pulling out things ooh here’s what I would buy...but I’m not spending. It’s completely irrelevant. This is not sintilating content for viewers! Then the “showing” of the items ? I mean honestly come on to fuck. Fair do’s she forgot to show in the car but then it was clearly pitch black when she was in Primark so how we’d have seen the stuff in the car I don’t know but anyway, you got a skirt and some earrings.. put them on - style your outfit. Show how you’re using the little jar for your makeup brushes..add a decent intro, have some background music (please God not coffee shop date though) whilst your browsing the shop. Insert some clips showing the price of items instead of always hearing “oh how much? £12!” Edit out the bit with the call for the supervisor for the refunds. Don’t finish up your video with you in your jarmies ? and having a morning cuppa showing your skirt held up against you - it’s honestly ridiculous. For the 100k people watching/subscribing on YT she is making a total mockery of you, herself and her whole industry if you genuinely believe that what she is producing is of a standard worthy of 1) the status she gives herself 2) your continual bending to her every word like she’s your friend

If this type of video doesn’t sum up how complacent, arrogant and greedy she really is I do not know. For some reason she seems to think she can deliver this sub-standard drivel and people will continue to lap it up.

The sooner she gets that “you tube is her jam” nonsense off her bio, the better.

Reactions: 33

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Meldrum Translate.

Much like google translate,
but with more swearing and wannabe sass.....

2CB90037-F0D1-4B24-8724-7F4A6609E4DB.jpeg

Reactions: 33
M

Member 177

"you know pre-kids, I vowed to never upload a picture like this but you know what- When there's money involved and the brief requires a messy face picture for my grid, I'll forget about my own beliefs and post it because it's all about getting more dolla!!"

Reactions: 32
B

Birdie

I hope I showed that aspiring to be like her means spending, spending, spending. As I’m sure you read there was nothing at all malicious. I merely acted like I was buying all she promoted over a few days.

Compromising children’s privacy has long term repercussions. It’s bad enough when your mum shows someone an old photo of you but when it’s on a world stage everything is there for all to see.

Also the culture of updating people on your activities for the day and slipping in an ad is wrong.
It should say “I’m teaming up with Xbrand and we’ve been sent a X to try and keep. I like that it’s got x,y,z features. We really love using the X to do y. It costs ££ and the link is below.
Please spend responsibly and remember an X may not be to everyone’s taste or budget.

Notenoughgin

VIP Member
Reb, from today’s performance it’s obvious you are reading every post. I’m no troll. I have and never would direct message anyone. I find that as abhorrent as the idea of pimping my kids out for dolla. I expect people to tell the truth but about what they’re selling, and that they are sales people not ‘friends’. Particularly when they target vulnerable groups (like new Mums). I will call out people I see doing this and report to ASA and bring it to the attention of like minded people on the internet.
Being held to account is just part of working life, not trolling. When a client emails me with queries about my work I can’t block them and say I ‘need a break for my mental health’ Of course I would lose all my clients.
In the first place, I try to deliver excellent work, if I make an inadvertent mistake I apologise and make sure I don’t do it again.
That’s just the way business is! Not trolling.
Reb you are mad as hell that you can’t shut down this forum. As you can see, you’ve lost a few of your flock over here and we’re certainly not just 15 ‘trolls’.

Bella Ciao

I do agree that something needs to be done about her children being used in ADs for profit - for instance, is she depositing the money in accounts set up for them or just spending it? There are a lot of things I’m sure that go into that and she needs to adhere to the rules for them ‘working’ basically.

I do not however believe that anyone should waste NSPCC’s time reporting them. There are real cruelty cases out there that need their attention, let’s not do that please. They deal with strictly abuse cases and this is certainly not one of them.

Reactions: 31

Notenoughgin

VIP Member
I completely do not mean this is a sexist way, because I have worked full time whilst my OH was a student (his degree and training took years) and we just had oe child, they do not need 2 parents at home to manage their family and Channel. The small amount of time and effort Reb outs in to her Channel could easily be done whilst P naps as the two older girls are school and nursery. There many, many are families who have the same age children and both work outside the home, often One will work part time whilst kids are little. They have the benefit of local family too which most pole dont. I think that Lee haven’t nothing to d has manifested I the wee bird account which I think is really sad actually. Come on Lee if you have that much time on your hands to do that, use that time to just think how enriched your life could be? You could have purpose and self respect. Being a full time stay at home Dad is a great thing to do, but I you’re obviously not fulfilled or kept busy enough, hence the wee bird farce.
I wonder what Daddy Cannon thinks of it all - he’s obv worked and been successful.....
I also think the role models they are portraying for their daughters are awful. No one earns a real living for pottering and mooching and going for the occasional walk.
Right, I was ten mins early for my 10.30 meeting so I sat i my car catching up on here. Off to earn my dolla now. Self employed ‘Mum boss’ with THREE children :giggle: :ROFLMAO: Making sure my family is provided for!

Reactions: 28