Mrs Meldrum #14 Tittlers With No Hobbits Just Herpes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you think that when the ASA got in touch with her re her ad that she blocked them because she didnt like their comments??

I received a message by dm from her before about setting up a new account to follow her.. shes so passive agressive
Ooooh do u have a screenshot? This is some juice

Reactions: 3
The kids are over exposed. Real public figures go to great lengths to protect the children’s identity and privacy.

If she wants to be aspirational or relatable how about.....
“How we survived no spend month- tips on being smart with ££”
“ Applying for primary school in Scotland - how it all works.”
“Veggie family meals- our meal plans, recipes and feedback.
“Booking a package holiday- how to use websites, apps, what to budget, what to expect, what to bring”
“My new hobby- how I survived my yoga challenge, what I learned, what I wore, how I felt”
“My week volunteering - how good it made me feel, how you can join in”

All of those must have ad related work so it flows.

People would be uplifted by relatable, doable, achievable “I’m just like you content.” You’d want your viewers to have learned something from your experiences or live vicariously through you.

While it reflects adults shopping, cooking, cleaning and emptying the dishwasher etc whilst earning a great wage, it will never sit well with normal working folk.

I’m out ??

It’s interesting if you read the difference between rude, mean and bullying.

Oh and finally
Anyone who puts their family life online for anyone/everyone to see HAS to know that people will have all kinds of opinions.
Learn to respond with
“ I’m sorry you feel that way but...
“I’ll take that on board....
“We can agree to disagree etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 46
She didn't block me. I blocked her....off you duck dear with your shady selling del boy tactics.

Reactions: 28
Oh my god

Rebecca

We know you read this forum and we know this is what you are talking about when you say “dickheads” and talk about being trolled.

Please just STOP IT! stop playing the victim for goodness sake!
You are a grown woman running a business. This is NOT high school.

You made a choice to feature your kids, husband, parents, sister, grandparents, friends in your publicly available BUSINESS videos and Instagram posts. These people are all grow up, fully consenting adults.
No one is trolling them.
No one is trolling your kids, in fact the over riding theme here has been concern for the welfare of your kids. We care about how little privacy they have and we care that you and your husband show complete disregard for there safety, privacy and welfare.
No one is trolling you.
People are asking you legitimate questions. People are showing genuine interest in you, your family and your business and you repay that interest by deleting, blocking and being rude to those people.

If you cannot conduct your BUSINESS in a grown up, adult manner then this is not for you.

Reactions: 25
5 hours editing? Really?

I think you should find another job because in all honesty your videos look like 30 min rush jobs with minimal effort....Now the videos Lee edited were a lot smoother, better content and were quite enjoyable to watch. Unless you appeared with your monotone reading a script voice pretending the dehumidifier had changed your lives....Then Lee gets an injection to help his hayfever. See the problem there Reb you :mhead!

Reactions: 17
Latest video a hoot. I’m sure Olay are going to love the advice from their ambassador that their products only work when alternated with free Elemis moisturiser...

Fair play she is honest in it “I’m not brand loyal” - no you’ll sell, plug and try and get commission from anything!

Reactions: 17
When the thread started on here about Mrs M it was mostly in good humour, her and lee did give us great stuff to laugh about, however it became more about how she ran her business after the whole DLP episode and her general attitude to being questioned over anything. She can’t, as said before, seem to distinguish between personal/business and takes every question as a personal attack. She has blocked so many people. Nearly all of us on here have been followers who at one point or another really liked her. She has shown herself to be highly unprofessional, greedy, not answering genuine questions with a clear yes/no not displaying AD/gifted clearly. All of these things she has done and she alone. We are not bullying or trolling by asking her to be clear on whether she is selling us a product or simply recomming without any kind of payment.showing Poppy so very unwell was awful and I feel for a lot of people the final straw. The food bank stuff and then seeing sheer greed of her was stomach churning.
Well written and you have 100% hit the nail on the head. I loved following her and so did my better half when she was natural, showing us life as a mum of three. This move to the new house has turned into a greedy and arrogant, consistently blocking people who dare to query or question. Her insistence on moving up the property ladder has been her undoing, which is very sad. She has lost the plot and a lot of her followers to boot.

Reactions: 18
Reb, from today’s performance it’s obvious you are reading every post. I’m no troll. I have and never would direct message anyone. I find that as abhorrent as the idea of pimping my kids out for dolla. I expect people to tell the truth but about what they’re selling, and that they are sales people not ‘friends’. Particularly when they target vulnerable groups (like new Mums). I will call out people I see doing this and report to ASA and bring it to the attention of like minded people on the internet.
Being held to account is just part of working life, not trolling. When a client emails me with queries about my work I can’t block them and say I ‘need a break for my mental health’ Of course I would lose all my clients.
In the first place, I try to deliver excellent work, if I make an inadvertent mistake I apologise and make sure I don’t do it again.
That’s just the way business is! Not trolling.
Reb you are mad as hell that you can’t shut down this forum. As you can see, you’ve lost a few of your flock over here and we’re certainly not just 15 ‘trolls’.

Reactions: 32
Jesus christ could she be anymore unprofessional? Imagine going into a shop asking them a genuine question and they called you a head and then barred you?

Anyone one who has had the displeasure of dealing with the general public I'm sure would love to call some customers dickheads, but in the real world you would get sacked. Someone who has never had a job obviously doesn't understand that concept ?

My family would have taken my phone off me by now and would be telling me to get a grip of myself before it all goes even more tits up.

Reactions: 23
It’s definitely the ASA slap on the wrist she’s had that has caused the online tantrum. It’s like she thinks the rules shouldn’t apply to her.... oh dear Mr and Mrs Cannon what an entitled, unpleasant, out of touch, spoilt brat you have raised. And Lee what a liability you have been lumbered with ?

Reactions: 20
T
Another confirmation from the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) that Mrs Meldrum Ltd can’t follow the same rules as others seem able to. This relates to the Jordan’s cereal ‘grinola’ ad where Mrs Meldrum made misleading assertions about product being “healthier”. How much contact from the ASA does she need before realising following the law isn’t optional for her?

“We have now assessed the ad you highlighted and from the information we have, we think it likely to have breached the Advertising Rules that we apply. We are writing to let you know that we have taken steps to address this. We have explained your concerns to Mrs Meldrum and provided guidance to her on the areas that require attention, together with advice on how to ensure that her advertising complies with the Codes.
That’s like the reply I got a while back. Never heard any more from them about it, despite asking. I don’t think it results in a formal “ruling” (that would be documented on their website) by the looks of it. Still think the ASA are out of their depth with influencer marketing.

Reactions: 8
They probably don’t have the resources given amount of improper activity - Mrs M would need a dedicated investigator!

Reactions: 9
What are the odds on her appearing on this site when it all goes belly up?
I can just imagine her saying "l hope ye are all happy now...how will we provide for the girls...we will have to sell our lovely house..and it's all your fault, ye witches!"

Reactions: 12
Jesus christ could she be anymore unprofessional? Imagine going into a shop asking them a genuine question and they called you a head and then barred you?

Anyone one who has had the displeasure of dealing with the general public I'm sure would love to call some customers dickheads, but in the real world you would get sacked. Someone who has never had a job obviously doesn't understand that concept ?

My family would have taken my phone off me by now and would be telling me to get a grip of myself before it all goes even more tits up.
It’s the fact that she’s saying these things with poppy in the room too Great example to poppy Rebecca

Reactions: 12
What are the odds on her appearing on this site when it all goes belly up?
I can just imagine her saying "l hope ye are all happy now...how will we provide for the girls...we will have to sell our lovely house..and it's all your fault, ye witches!"
Ha ha I hope she does!

Reactions: 4
Why does the link in her bio take me to a keyboard on Argos? With no mention on her instagram I don’t think? I can’t believe this is her job!

Reactions: 5
Saying she is not featuring the kids much on here as she is being trolled by dickheads while holding poppy and having her in at least a few of her stories WTAF. Eh hello you do know she’s on there right now yeah?

Honestly she’s being such a martyr. I want to take all the abuse. No one is saying anything bad about your kids. Don’t try and make it out to be worse than it is Rebecca otherwise it will get very messy
Unfortunately I’ve read some not nice things that were said about the kids on here. Definitely feel that nothing bad should be said about the kids ever

Reactions: 6
Why does the link in her bio take me to a keyboard on Argos? With no mention on her instagram I don’t think? I can’t believe this is her job!
Loads of channel mum have been promoting surface pro tablets for argos. That must be the next AD going out. She messes up even the most simple of tasks.

Reactions: 10
I've just come across a picture of the 'new house' with a very nice kitchen and wood/laminate floor - where did the ugly tiles come from??

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.