Mrs Meldrum #14 Tittlers With No Hobbits Just Herpes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another confirmation from the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) that Mrs Meldrum Ltd can’t follow the same rules as others seem able to. This relates to the Jordan’s cereal ‘grinola’ ad where Mrs Meldrum made misleading assertions about product being “healthier”. How much contact from the ASA does she need before realising following the law isn’t optional for her?

“We have now assessed the ad you highlighted and from the information we have, we think it likely to have breached the Advertising Rules that we apply. We are writing to let you know that we have taken steps to address this. We have explained your concerns to Mrs Meldrum and provided guidance to her on the areas that require attention, together with advice on how to ensure that her advertising complies with the Codes.
Well done!
Would this be the reason for the rant today!! To unfollow her so people are not reporting all her breaches to the ASA!!

I wonder if being contacted by the ASA is like water off a ? back!!

Reactions: 20
Well done!
Would this be the reason for the rant today!! To unfollow her so people are not reporting all her breaches to the ASA!!

I wonder if being contacted by the ASA is like water off a ? back!!
I agree. There is often an address of the ‘trolling’ when she has been caught out on something.
Agree as well that she has to come over here to be trolled as she calls it.
I respect her for featuring the family less but not for her reason. She’s laying off showing them because of the trolling, if that stops they would be back without considering privacy.

Reactions: 11
“Perform my little chicken nugget, perform!!”

Reactions: 9
I always worry how vulnerable they make themselves like saying where they are and what they are doing especially with such young children. I'd rather the safety of my kids over a few free next clothes any day ?

Reactions: 9
I believe she did as she sent me a heartwarming letter. That’s my personal opinion though. She has just let the power control her and get to her head.
Then it must be even harder for you than it’s for me, unfortunately I have nothing of a sort to say about Rebecca.

Reactions: 3
I think this will be the end of her channel. Her hay day was people loving the daily vlogs on the Meldrums and that drove to them Instagram. Insta seems to be where she made money and I assume they had that good run of ads which made a nice lump of money, helped with the house purchase and maybe gave a false sense of security?

But people watched for the vlogs. For the family. If she takes that away people will lose interest.

It’s easy to call people who disagree with you trolls. But the irony of the major meltdown is that people here were genuinely concerned about her children. That wasn’t malicious, that was a very basic caring instinct.

Reactions: 22
When the thread started on here about Mrs M it was mostly in good humour, her and lee did give us great stuff to laugh about, however it became more about how she ran her business after the whole DLP episode and her general attitude to being questioned over anything. She can’t, as said before, seem to distinguish between personal/business and takes every question as a personal attack. She has blocked so many people. Nearly all of us on here have been followers who at one point or another really liked her. She has shown herself to be highly unprofessional, greedy, not answering genuine questions with a clear yes/no not displaying AD/gifted clearly. All of these things she has done and she alone. We are not bullying or trolling by asking her to be clear on whether she is selling us a product or simply recomming without any kind of payment.showing Poppy so very unwell was awful and I feel for a lot of people the final straw. The food bank stuff and then seeing sheer greed of her was stomach churning.

Reactions: 28
Ahaha she’s so funny thou?her little rant on stories about not showing the girls as much because she’s been trolled!!!! Rebecca you need help! Seriously, get professional help because you are so deluded! It’s not them, it’s YOU! She never ceases to amaze me!

Reactions: 14
How many questions on here today about if she addressed the kids not being featured and now she stories about it? She just can’t help herself can she?

Reactions: 11
Do you think that when the ASA got in touch with her re her ad that she blocked them because she didnt like their comments??

I received a message by dm from her before about setting up a new account to follow her.. shes so passive agressive

Reactions: 10
Hi all, only joined a few days ago, was a fellow sheep ? but no more. She's just posted a story asking for the silent viewers to comment on her newest video, guess its coz she needs to up her engagement numbers. Also thanks for opening my eyes.

Reactions: 35
Hi Dickheads! It’s all our fault. She’s done nothing wrong. All us to blame.

Reactions: 16
Hi all, only joined a few days ago, was a fellow sheep ? but no more. She's just posted a story asking for the silent viewers to comment on her newest video, guess its coz she needs to up her engagement numbers. Also thanks for opening my eyes.
Welcome! ?

Reactions: 5
How many other "mummy vloggers" have 100k plus followers? How many of them have 14 threads about their rudeness, their lies, their constant pushing of products but failing to declare it's an AD. How many go on a paid promotional trip to Disneyland Paris, claiming it's a birthday treat to then be found in the middle of a ??? Who pushes their children out like show dogs and pretends to have just found the latest Joules/Boden....Next/Matalan/F&F clothing then comes out with a AD/paid promotion label 2 or 3 days later?
Who responds like a witch to anyone who dares ask a question that highlights inaccuracies in bullshit fake "family life" vlogs that are clearly just a lazy way to sneak in a "healthy" Grinola Ad?

Umm I can only think of 1 person :mthe head running Mrs Meldrum LTD like a twit because she's too self obsessed to see she's made mistakes and won't admit it.

???

Reactions: 28
I commented on that ad, saying it was something I'd never feed my kids as full of sugar and of course it wasn't healthier! At that time she didn't block me for that (as I was an active sheep then), now she'd delete n block!
Well done you in raising it with the ASA, I wish I had now too.

She cannot and will never ever take the blame for her own undoing, the pity party has begun again on stories. I suppose it’s the “dickheads” and “trolls” fault for you not declaring yourself properly and conducting your business in a professional manner also? As that is what has ultimately led to where she is now. She needs a reality check! We are not trolls for simply asking you a question about your business Rebecca. If you weren’t hiding anything I think you’ll find it wouldn’t be so difficult to answer. She’s probably going to think about what she’s doing for all of 2 seconds and think no I was right and back to stamping her feet she goes. I feel sick for her I really do, it’s out of control and she’s still going with it. It’s unbelievable how much of a tunnel view she has of the whole situation and she’s beyond any sort of help. That’s coming from a behavioural psychologist of 13 years!

Reactions: 24
Every day she gets more pathetic. I bet she's getting no abuse or trolling, she can't deal with legitimate criticisms of her shady behaviour. It's 100% her own fault.

Rarely a day goes by where she doesn't trip herself up on her deceit.

Reactions: 13
Think she hit the nail on the head regarding the channel was her thing and it her that should be taking the heat and not Lee or plastering the girls on instastories coughing their lungs out.

But I highly doubt it was HER decision for Lee and the girls to not feature. I’m sure there has been a barny about the night that he was out with his mates and she couldn’t look after Poppy herself without broadcasting it to the world.

Give Lee his due I don’t think he would have done the same to her if she was away, and it’s not like he has many nights out without her, you could probably count on one hand how many he had last year. Poor Pat.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.