Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

godneyspears

Hi lurker here, I have to admit I feel weird posting but there are some thoughts I wanted to share.

First of all, the navy and white color palette in the living room was hideous and I'm glad its gone. Did they pay someone to design that?? It was so basic and tacky the only thing it was missing was a "live love laugh" decal. Also they paid someone to design those barren guest rooms???? They were just magnolia walls and tacky bed sheets! Those rooms look like an old folks home BEFORE someone moved in. Shocking if someone charged them to design that.

Other than that, the house is honestly not so bad (minus the stripper dungeon and the 2010 jersey girl closet). I actually thought it was super tacky when they moved in. It was modern in a 2002 way, like it would have been decorated with black leather sofas and a turnable CD tower.

With respect to her makeup, she really needs to stop lining her lips. The shape of her mouth is not attractive, so she makes it look worse by drawing attention to it by lining it. She looks soooo much better before she does that step. Also, I've seen some people comment that her eyes look duller - its because she stopped lining the inside rims with black liner. That really makes eyes pop, which is why they now look dull in comparison. She has also definitely had a nose job, so I don't understand why she wouldn't just get a corrective one if she's still unhappy with her nose?

Finally, and most importantly, I work in the fashion industry so I have a lot of feelings about the fashion flogging. Fist of all, farfetch is an industry parasite that sells grey market goods. That means they sell goods that they purchased in an unauthorized way (perhaps by shady distributors who wanted to get rid of leftover stock). They then sell for lower prices, which the designers cant legally prevent them from doing, and therefore damaging the brand's high-end image. So its really not a company I would want to align myself with if I took myself seriously as a "fashion blogger". I'm also acutely aware of the brands that do and don't work with bloggers, which has changed my opinion of certain brands. For example, I'm really surprised that LV and Dior, as MAJOR fashion houses would be on board with this type of marketing. It really takes away from the luxe and exclusive image of a brand. Now LV and Dior just seem like the new Michael Kors or Coach to me - mid tier accessible luxury. In contrast, I can't recall seeing the likes of Gucci, Prada, Balenciaga, to name a few, really catering to these bloggers (I may be wrong but I don't recall any instances). The smaller high-fashion brands also tend to not work with bloggers because they prioritize their artistic integrity. I know my company doesn't. So it really pisses me off when they brag about gifted products that were gifted by, for example, farfetch or net-a-porter, giving off the impression that the product was gifted by the brand itself. Shady and pathetic. There is a VERY big difference there. Those brands don't know who you are, nor do they want your publicity. On another note, it also pisses me off to no end knowing that the fashion industry is notorious for paying its employees and interns poorly, then seeing them gift expensive products and hold lavish trips/events for these bloggers. They could spend all that money on paying their employees better, rather than spending thousands to wine and dine these bloggers, who ultimately, are not watched or respected by majority of their client base.

Peace and love to everyone, our dear MGs as well. I really don't want to be mean or put out any negativity into the universe. I just have a lot of feelings about the lack of integrity in this "blogger" industry (and by extension the fashion industry) and am glad to have found a corner of the internet that feels the same. I hope you are all in good health and good company.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 80

BearBones

Newbie here!
Hi All,
As someone who is married to a marketing director for a luxury well known french fashion house, can I just say - there is a going to be a new wave of social media marketing following this pandemic.

If you are not a genuine person loving these heritage brands and are not prepared to invest your own coin in owning these items in the future, you will be cut from marketing PR lists.

Luxury well known fashion houses want to set a certain image about their "brand" and their teams are watching diligently how their infuenza's are behaving during this pandemic, especially those with no morals or accountability with their actions.

All fashion houses will be moving more towards classic pieces that transcend time and trends because they have taken a significant hit due to the economic crisis across the world. It costs dearly to manufacture short lived trend pieces, especially to the environment.

So a wise warning to all you infuenza's - your consumerism will bite you in the backside and you will be left feeling hollow, unwanted and unimportant. Your loyalty means nothing, and your opinions will soon be irrelevant. You cost too much to work with and you bring the identity of the labels you work with - down.

You have no integrity, no class and no business sense.

I hope you have made wise decisions with your money and invested it so that you have multiple streams of income.

The only one that appears to have done this is Patricia Bright. If I were you I would take her advice. Otherwise you will be a terrible warning to the next wave of floggers instead of a good example.

• Heart
Reactions: 68

Georgeeee

VIP Member
*My village.

Hers. Not "our". The village belongs to Lydia, swipe up if you want to move there #affiliate
Advertise your nearest town name on your depop profile.

Show your local village on Instagram.

Plaster fortnightly missing cat posts on Twitter.

Vlog yourself walking from your home in a dressing gown & climbing over a wall for an instagram photoshoot at the distinctive wedding venue next door.

Keep referencing the pub up the road that delivers your roast dinners.

Story your run by a waterway which are rarer than roads & make sure you say '7k at 7am' over & over.

Then bitch about trolls 'leaking my private life/address online'👍

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59

Wophie

VIP Member
It's pissed me off so much, I've contacted Morrisons about it.

Anyway back to Lydia. What a cunt.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 58

blue_orchid

VIP Member
She is such a narcissist and plays the victim all the time. We have the freedom of opinion and she has the freedom to not come on this site and read our bloody opinions. I would understand if we were leaving our opinions directly as comments on her social media platforms or direct messaging her but we're not.

Yet again she takes no responsibility for her own actions, lies and fraud - always happy to make a buck off her viewers and be a glutton for anything free- but then can't handle it when people call her on a shit. And mind you, again we do it separately and not directly to her.

And intensive therapy? Give me a fucking break. She is so full of shit, thinks she is perfect and Mother Teresa whilst everyone else is bullying her as though she is a 9 year old child vs. a fully grown adult with full brain development and full functioning as an adult to decipher what to read, not read, what to take to heart and what not to.

Her acting like a victim is the most pathetic thing when she's a fucking 32 year old grown ass woman. Perhaps if she didn't put on a fake facade and lie about everything she wouldn't be so despised. Grow some fucking balls, Lydiot. People in life are not going to always like you and say negative things about you, it happens to all of us. Your therapy clearly did not work if you're still crying like a little bitch.

I swear she is just like Trump - orange, full of shit, full of lies and always playing the victim when called on their bullshit. Grow some thicker skin, you twat. Put on your big girl panties and take it like an adult when you choose to display your ENTIRE fucking life all over social media. You reap what you sow. Take responsibility, you twit! Perhaps if you stop being a twat, negative comments would stop about you.

Why are other influencers not getting the same hate you do? Perhaps reflect on THAT and really use your brain instead of your pathetic reposting of everyone else's quotes daily. If you really were reading what you post for others, you may have some insight into your own pathetic actions and how you bring this upon yourself. If you can't handle all this, then perhaps you have to stop and get off social media altogether. Do us all a favor.

Sorry...end of rant. I just can't stand adults who play the victim and take no ownership for what they put out into the world.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56

Elle Belle

Chatty Member
Lydia Elise Linen #23 Linen is now my jam, might have a baby for the gram, looks like Globy is turning out to be one big fat fake scam.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 55

Happyfocker

Intensive therapy - when? you never leave the dungalow
Sustained harrassment of friends and family - huh? You only have one friend and we always stick up for your mum and usually Ali. If anything we feel sorry for them.
Reports against you - You cant report someone for something they didn't do. How about you think about that for a while.
Personal Info leaked - You leaked it you numbskull :rolleyes:. If your talking about your brand then maybe you should be pointing your finger at that brand mangement. Another fail.
Please refer to the lies if thats what they are. You haven;t given any examples...oh thats right because you're the liar.

Edit- here she goes again trying to make out that everything is bigger, better or more difficult than anyone else, "intensive therapy". Get the fuck out. I went through therapy for grief and PTSD and it wasn't "intensive". Not even a psychologist would call it Intensive. You get called out for your lies Lydiot and you have to have intensive therapy because you get picked on online. What a crock!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 52

Elle Belle

Chatty Member
5 minutes down. She’s shitting me. Already.

She’s enjoying slowing down in quarantine. Like that’s even possible. She’s slower than a geriatric slug in a snow storm. Wasn’t she one of life’s sprinters yesterday.
She doesn’t like work meetings mid-way through the day as it disrupts her flow. Ever the professional. Flow of frickin what? Ordering fauxtiques, cooking beige food, googling life-affirming quotes.
She’s not one to look in the view finder, but she’s just noticed how nice her ‘soft glam’ makeup is. Well we’ll just discount the 576,000 times you’ve eye fucked yourself then.
And as for the brows. The overgrown hairy sluggish mo-fo brows. No-one can be that lazy. No-one. Definitely not from the girl who refused to go to London because of a bad skin day. Is it an attempt to appear more relatable to her viewers that she’s like one of them. Or is her merch now brow related and then like magic it’s her new game changer, her life saviour. She’s only about the coin after all. Slow clap. Did. Not. See. That. Coming.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49

Chick_pea

When you deal with the wider community you realise everyone has a different measure of what is acceptable. Some people feel talking about her looks is unacceptable, others think it’s fair game as she sells beauty products.

Lydia has her own measure of what is acceptable as well. Lying by omission for example, if she doesn’t state it’s an ad then it isn’t. Sometimes it’s a flat out lie. For example she tells us she bought something and a week later we see everyone else was gifted the same item. She’s even been known to go back and label things as an ad after the initial wave of views. Next level deception!

Lydia also has a different measure of what constitutes bullying. We’ve seen people ask perfectly legitimate and polite questions only to be attacked. She has happily mocked and ridiculed others on her social media showing it to 10’s of thousands of people. She has tainted brands by outing them on social media instead of seeking a private solution with them first. Remember that time she said her neighbours stole her packages?

Point is, we have all upset someone at some point. For the most part the reaction to Lydia is because of her utterly vile behaviour. After so many years of reading her own gossip threads you’d think she would have learned something and seen what triggers the reaction. But no, Lydia is perfection,
incapable of self reflection. So I say, have at it. Lydia is no better than anyone else and she deserves no more care or respect. You get back what you put out in this world.

• Heart
Reactions: 49

Upintheair83

VIP Member
I actually feel abit sorry for her now. I always hate watch her videos but I think it’s becoming quite clear that she is deeply unhappy. She actually seemed more sad and concerned about her internet shopping being disrupted than not seeing her family and friends during lockdown! Has anyone else noticed that? She never says she wished she could see her mum or nonna, just seems to be more put out that her deliveries get wrong. And then the constant nagging at Ali to change the house up, and I think he sees how miserable she is and does it because he loves her.
As soon as her delivery arrives she’s on this massive high and then after she opens up she just puts it to the side and talks about how she’s going to buy more stuff to suit her ‘aesthetic’ and ‘tones’. I also get the massive feeling she will have the floors redone too, esp after she pointed it out in the cotswold book.
It’s like immediate gratification from shopping and then once it’s done she’s just searching for some more tat to fulfil her. But she will never find it in painting her room 50 shades if black or ordering more linen dresses.
I do feel for her because she can’t be happy, surely? She just fills her time thinking of what next to change instead of being happy in the now. Very very sad lady

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 48

Elle Belle

Chatty Member
We've chatted quite a lot about Lydia's (dishonest) use of fillers quite a few times, and especially how her fillers seem to migrate and go weird. I just found this video from a plastic surgeon about migrating fillers and found it SO interesting, to the point and informative, and also applicable to our dear Lydia and her ever-changing/growing face!

Turns out that based on new MRI studies the current "filling standard" for lips with 1ml and top-ups every 6 months is WAY too much, as the filler doesn't actually dissolve for years even, but instead migrates from the vermillion part of the lips and into the surrounding facial areas. I can only imagine this would be the case for filler in other areas as well.

Edit: Guess what? The same doctor also has a video on (you guessed it!) overdone cheek fillers, and he's basically describing Lydia's face to a T when he's talking about cheek fillers gone wrong. :LOL:

I’ve actually had a boob job and lip filler (subtly not Kim K style I promise). So I don’t actually have an issue with those who have augmentations for genuine reasons. My body, my money, my prerogative and so on, you get my drift. I think this is the ultimate feminism perspective, not to try to succumb to anyone’s ideals other than your own. What I do have an issue with is influencers like Lydia who are disingenuous which misleads young impressionable girls. Yes, she’s disclosed she has nose filler (likely only because it was a prerequisite in exchange of gifted services), but she fails to acknowledge the abundance of filler elsewhere in her cheeks, chin and lips. Like you can see that shit from outer space. Great Wall of China who? Her followers then try to live up to her repeatedly self-declared ‘no makeup look’ (obviously discounting the 73 cosmetic items/procedures she’s plastered on her face) which is unobtainable because as we know it’s bullshit. Her influenced followers are less likely to question she’s not a ‘natural beauty’ because as she’s declared some shit she seems credible. Of course we live in a society where aesthetics are highly focused upon, and we all succumb to this to an extent, obviously I did, but I waited until I was in my mid-twenties to make an informed decision, and extensively researched and paid for a reputable doctor. Lydia did and does not. She’s just like I’ll have one of everything as long as it’s free even if it’s not necessary for her face/body or from a backstreet cowboy. Then some. More goddamnit. Which is why she ends up looking like a cement filled action man blow up doll. Not a look. Less is more. I think most of us, value our appearance, or we wouldn’t be following influencers in the first instance, but above this our personality, intelligence, independence, education, career and so forth. I find it extremely disheartening that Lydia and other influencers to be fair, but mainly Lydia, haven’t used their time in quarantine to promote these attributes more. With time on her hands, she could have learnt another language, learnt how to properly ‘cook’, volunteered at a local charity, hell even taken an accredited online course in real interior design if that’s genuinely her jam. But all Lydia is bothered about is consumption and consumerism, such a fucked gimme, gimme, gimme attitude. As someone pointed out beforehand she opens a package then immediately discards it and she’s onto the next, even if it’s another same frickin item. She recently did this in her latest vlog with the Karen Walker linen clothing that she now wants to acquire more pieces from the brand and then with the LV trunk which she might sell more of her bags to purchase another and become a collector. She just can’t be happy in the now. And what life is that really?!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sick

coconochanel

VIP Member
New thread needed to be made so I quickly started this.

'So guys hope you are all well its great down in the old folks home. Since I last spoke to you, well me and tiny tears thats my husband if you didnt know we've become keen Gardeners we've swept the patio, taken down the fence and cleaned and painted the massive courtyard. The Gardener has even mowed stripes in the lawn it is looking more like Josie's everyday. I've also found my love for Antique furniture...well I say antique some might say old tat from Facebook marketplace still its going with my new theme 'Antique country Cotswold mansion' anyway must dash Ive got Josie's IG to stalk for interior Ideas.
love Lydia founder of Glo crap.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

Santana

Ok rant coming...this one is about their clothing and how they dress....
First of all as a point of reference I have a son and daughter pretty much the same age as these two who I see on a regular basis along with their friends so I am in tune with this generation.
Lyds, I have a degree in fashion and please take note when I tell you that you truly have not a clue when it comes to dressing for your shape!!! Why oh why do you insist on wearing tops, dresses with voluminous sleeves because you look truly stupid and it only goes to accentuate that your concrete tits make you bigger on the top than on your school boy hips. Plus when the season began and you made a point of saying you were investing in pieces instead of fast fashion can I just say that I will be making a note in my Smytheson diary with my fancy pen and I will be looking out for all these newbies and coming for you next year knowing they will be on depop.
Ali....OMG where the hell do I start? You dress like a middle aged banker (or should that be wanker). If my son were given those clothes shown last night and told to wear them he would run a mile. Lyds has succeeded in turning you into the man she wants not the man you truly are....you look a prick. But please ignore me because I am loving the laughs you both give me on a weekly basis, its pure gold.

• Haha
  • Heart

LIVINGMYBESTLIFE1

Chatty Member
We haven't show you this half of the house.

You mean the loft, it's hardly half of the house. God she will probably start to refer to it as the 4th floor emporium or some other grandeur batshit crazy Hyacinth Bucket level madness.

• Haha
Reactions: 47