Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bwidge

I'm not sure where this will land, so I hope it's not in a terrible place (I'm still on #181), but I went to Ikea this evening and spotted this!
20210421_181142.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 157
The thing about Tom and Marcus that gives them edge in addition to integrity, talent and genuine empathy, is the fact that they experienced poverty as children. Jack didn't. Tom and Marcus will be able to remember how they felt and empathise with children today. They will understand the anxiety, fear, confusion, humiliation, the longing and the hunger that you feel as a poor and hungry child. They will be able to get straight to the heart of the matter. The other good thing in this case is that they are both men and Marcus in particular will be an idol to kids and especially black boys.
This is so important because cooking is still seen as a woman's job. These men will be able to help normalise the idea of men cooking and bring those skills to boys who might otherwise feel unseen in society or maligned and written off as not talented because they maybe struggled at school.
This is the toxic bootstrap ethos again though. I hate that assumption that you can just pull yourself up by your bootstrap and achieve success through hard work alone. It does not take into account the fact that you might be a black boy living in an inner city slum. You are a nice kid but life is tough. You only have one parent and you are living in poverty. School is difficult and you don't get the one to one help you need as the teachers are over worked and under supported. Eventually you might be coerced or feel peer pressure to join a gang/take drugs/commit petty crime, it's more fun than studying and there is nothing else to do. Your mum works all hours and doesn't have the time to encourage you to study or learn how to cook. Society judges you automatically based on your skin colour, you are automatically viewed as a criminal and why should you respect the police when they are known for brutality and racism? The media and politicians, monarchy and ruling classes are inherently racist too and have created a nepotic system to keep the jobs and money at an unattainable level. They make no secret of viewing the rest of society as plebs and worker drones either so again why have any loyalty or desire to do good?

With all that and more against you, it is little wonder that the bootstrap ideology fails. People like Jack and her tory pals conveniently and frequently overlook their privilege.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 130

MancBee

VIP Member
This treatment she has been in since 9am didn't stop her retweeting other stuff, just MR and TK stuff. It didn't stop her tweeting sarcastic comments to others asking why she was not involved either. Funny that.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 110
Idk why cringe bot wants to make his presence here known. I’d be mortified if I was secretly hanging out with a cabal of “middle aged menopausal women” some of whom are willing to shag Ian Hislop or crusty old Steptoe, yet we are in universal agreement that you are not serving us any 🔥sexual energy🔥

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 107

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Congratulations to @Harrybosch and @Hollaaa for the thread title! 🎉 Your prize: a sharing plate of this. (Heavy breathing optional extra). No excuses, Harry - it’s vegan!

Recap of previous thread:

1. Jack found her lost Tile. She live tweeted various methods to retrieve it. She kicked it. It came free. End scene.
2. Tile joins the long list of stupid companies willing to give her something for nothing.
3. Jack apparently sent out a blog email with a link to a Protected jackfruit version of her pineapple chicken. By mistake. So don’t try to get into it. It’s top secret. The password is [redacted by the Kremlin].
4. Yum. The anticipation is more delicious than the food will ever, ever be.
5. Stop all the watches. It’s coming! Just not today, OKAY?
6. Del Monte’s latest Jack ‘Exclusive’. Charred. So dry.

Please use the words ‘thread title’ (two separate words) when making a bid for one as it makes it easier to search. Also, try to hold off to the latter part of the thread if possible (after post #500). And remember - no swears are allowed.

There is a thread in the off topic forum called Food and Drink where off topic chat is encouraged if / when Jack is quiet.

New to Jack? Have a look at the wiki.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 105

colouredlines

VIP Member
Most of those old threads make you roll your eyes or rage a bit, but this one is hilarious. Jack is moving out:

20210421_080712.jpg

Holy shit, her poor landlord! Imagine going for a viewing and seeing...THAT.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 104

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
Yeah I'm sure that's what it is squig, selfless Jack Modest Monroe just hates attention being brought to her good deeds.

Screenshot_20210421-105244.png

Screenshot_20210124-095738~2.jpg

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 102

Switchstreetz

VIP Member
If she was consulted, I can only imagine Marcus Rashford and Tom kerridge's faces were a picture when they saw her recipe proposals.

You can sense the bitterness though, that and the lack of RTs is telling - she's been brushed off/not included.

Ironically she could have actually used her twitter following for a bit of good and supported the campaign. Heck it shocks me she doesn't retweet food banks of try to get her squigs donating food, she could make it a weekly thing.

Would even be a good excuse for her to found another hashtag...
48p4o3.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 99

Marmalade Atkins

VIP Member
On a grunk but am shooketh by black emo kitchen, at the “before” pic. To the left you can see the edge of a fireplace, that kitchen could have been part of an open plan, no wonder it was done to look light and neutral, probably to make the room look bigger.
Here's the fireplace:

Screenshot_20210421-115320_Instagram.jpg

😫

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 98

crystaleyesd

VIP Member
Have we seen this? Squiggled to maintain that all important privacy.

sketch-1619082122384.png

Damn they really got us here. Don't think I'll be able to sleep at night knowing that FedoraBot hangs out on here and reports back all the nasty things those meanies say about m'lady 🥴

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 95