Jack Monroe #181 Time flies when you’re judging slop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
L
Catching up so this has probably been said. Is it just me being really thick but how is a Tile falling off the thing it was meant to keep safe a great advert for Tile?? Surely that’s just a reason to not buy one because it doesn’t stick well enough?? I know the whole tale was a fabrication but all these muppets trying to get Tile to notice her and use the story for advertising? It’s just made me think they can’t be that good if they fall off at the drop of a hat (or phone in their case).
Product that is supposed to stick to belongings for tracking falls off without the owner noticing.
Product is then too far away to be found.
Product is accidentally found weeks later.

Sounds like a great plot outline for an ad to me. It clearly highlights the uses and benefits of the product. 🤪 :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Nice to see our smol ickle pixie join Sam smith and Harry styles being nominated LGBT awards, oh wait......🤔
no doubt she’s behind the scenes 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 30
But if you register something as lost, everybody who owns a tile in the area will have it send a signal to the server and the reporter can see exactly where that is on a map. Plus messages in real time updating where something moves between different tile holders.

That's what the scary thing is about them - they can be used to find keys down the back of the sofa, but they can also be used to track somebody's movements.
I think we don't have enough discussions about the dark sides of recent tech developments regarding the internet of things and all the way we can now monitor ourselves and each other. I am no tin foil hat type at all, but I know stories of people in abusive relationships that have their partner control the heating in their properties remotely, for example. Tracking tech in the hands of a controlong partner can be so harmful as well.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
L

Product that is supposed to stick to belongings for tracking falls off without the owner noticing.
Product is then too far away to be found.
Product is accidentally found weeks later.

Sounds like a great plot outline for an ad to me. It clearly highlights the uses and benefits of the product. 🤪 :cool:
Buy a Tile and you too could be scrabbling around on a dirty train floor!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 43
We have two bins, recycle and normal, and they empty them every day and pop a correct coloured scented bin liner in.
Where I am from in the UK it is a bin nightmare. they have hundreds of bins for different things and they only get emptied every 2 weeks and people mash all their food waste into the recycles because all the bins are too small for a family. Despite this I am homesick for British bins
Absolutely shaken that you get a scented bin liner EVERY DAY 😱

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Here we have two to three bin days a week, with separate days for the garden waste and food waste. I don't get too excited about bins, but I love a trip to the recycling centre/skip! Me and the man work very well together there, and we bond over judging other people ( though never judge their looks or what they are binning, only their behaviour when they are being annoying. To be honest, whenever we are at the supermarket we do the same :LOL: ).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I think we don't have enough discussions about the dark sides of recent tech developments regarding the internet of things and all the way we can now monitor ourselves and each other. I am no tin foil hat type at all, but I know stories of people in abusive relationships that have their partner control the heating in their properties remotely, for example. Tracking tech in the hands of a controlong partner can be so harmful as well.
I agree. I also find products are often created for problems that don't really exist or offer only a very slight improvement on no-tech solutions, but come with a huge invasion of privacy.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
It must be quite a problem surely? There's so many free to use tracking apps for phones now too. I use one on my eldest's phone, and it's actually designed for the whole family to use, so everyone can see each other's whereabouts. We don't use it like that, it's just me and him set up on it, but something like that, meant for safety, must be abused in some households 🙁.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I agree. I also find products are often created for problems that don't really exist or offer only a very slight improvement on no-tech solutions, but come with a huge invasion of privacy.
Tile aren’t trackers, they only work in a 400ft vicinity. They are literally there to ring to find something. So no idea why you would attach one to a phone; you can ring it to find it or keys...just put them back in the hook or in your bag-same for a wallet.
However if you have a couple of things that can be hard to find (🐢🐢) they are really useful!

Although I do agree with everything everyone has said about technology being invented to solve problems that didn’t really exist which then mean you surrender privacy! It is incredible how quickly we have got used to signing up to things that track us. (Aware of the irony of writing this on an ipad!)

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Here we have two to three bin days a week, with separate days for the garden waste and food waste. I don't get too excited about bins, but I love a trip to the recycling centre/skip! Me and the man work very well together there, and we bond over judging other people ( though never judge their looks or what they are binning, only their behaviour when they are being annoying. To be honest, whenever we are at the supermarket we do the same :LOL: ).
The reason we have a Chipolo (cheaper version of Tile) is because on a recent trip to the tip, boyfriend threw our only car key into a skip. :cautious:

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
Tile aren’t trackers, they only work in a 400ft vicinity. They are literally there to ring to find something. So no idea why you would attach one to a phone; you can ring it to find it or keys...just put them back in the hook or in your bag-same for a wallet.
However if you have a couple of things that can be hard to find (🐢🐢) they are really useful!

Although I do agree with everything everyone has said about technology being invented to solve problems that didn’t really exist which then mean you surrender privacy! It is incredible how quickly we have got used to signing up to things that track us. (Aware of the irony of writing this on an ipad!)
Surely a Tile is the digital equivalent to those old keyrings that you clapped to get them to whistle at you when lost. Ergh, I bet she is sat at home (where ever that is now!) sniggering at her 'amazing' story telling skills and texting all her friends about her freebie.

Jack, please do a chaos, you're being dull.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Well it’s live week for those who want to watch along.

I love Matt cradling his own forearms lovingly. No double denim (I imagine wardrobe said no) and her hair looks nice. The hilarious jokey thing is inappropriate ‘now you’ve stopped talking’. Matt is being nice but frankly, she’s been on TV for nearly a decade and if it doesn’t work it doesn’t work (and this is with clips of Nadia in the middle who has been doing it a much shorter time).

The lasagne makes an appearance, it’s as bad as you remember. The blitzed mushrooms give me the heaves, and I like mushrooms. The sauce, oh the sauce. It must taste like raw bleeping flour. She also puts a pathetic amount on the lasagne.
why the duck would you put stuffing on top of a lasagne as well, that sounds terrible.

the ‘one and done’ comment happens as well. It’s shows Jack....

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
Catching up so this has probably been said. Is it just me being really thick but how is a Tile falling off the thing it was meant to keep safe a great advert for Tile?? Surely that’s just a reason to not buy one because it doesn’t stick well enough?? I know the whole tale was a fabrication but all these muppets trying to get Tile to notice her and use the story for advertising? It’s just made me think they can’t be that good if they fall off at the drop of a hat (or phone in their case).
I thought the same, say my phone falls out my pocket or bag, does that mean the tracking thing will just fall off? That doesn’t seem useful

Reactions: 28
Not a remotely amusing topic but the advert has me HOOTING all the same.

Do come along, Vlad, you must spell check.

Wome.
Screenshot_20210420-084030__02.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Surely a Tile is the digital equivalent to those old keyrings that you clapped to get them to whistle at you when lost. Ergh, I bet she is sat at home (where ever that is now!) sniggering at her 'amazing' story telling skills and texting all her friends about her freebie.

Jack, please do a chaos, you're being dull.
incorrect, she has zero friends

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.