Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mitzymooface

VIP Member
This made me a bit teary. I am hormonal and given to teariness (and fucking massive spots on my chin) this week, but still. He's just so lovely and this whole campaign has been so well thought out. I love that MR and presumably the team are using his inexperience to show that it's ok to try stuff and not do it perfectly first time (poor MR - not one and done like some of us), and that they've thought about how best to reach the people they're trying to reach (turns out Twitter not quite the centre of everyone's world). It's beautifully done, and it's all so charming and decent and wholesome. It's large scale kindness and care and understanding and I am so here for it.

You know what might be cool - if the world becomes a bit more normal again, though there's ways round it if not, I guess online would work - would be to take this and drive it into communities, embed it, by training up a small army of volunteer cookery teachers who could continue it on, for their own communities, and run small classes for kids or even parents that regularly update the skills. If it was a charity thing you could use donations to potentially buy ingredients for students and get food safety certificates etc for volunteers. Cooking classes aren't revolutionary I grant you, but with the backing of this campaign I reckon you could get close to making them cool(ish).
Amazing idea!

Reactions: 15

Eurgh

VIP Member
Pineapple hat? Been there, done that weeks ago. Typical Jack, always showing up when the party's already over.

View attachment 538323

As others have said, the nutritional content of her wretched vegan meals is woefully inadequate but then again most of her other barely edible recipes are similarly lacking. I could (theoretically, if there was really nothing else available) eat the entirety of the behatted jackfruit and mushroom monstrosity myself and that's not me being LOL I'M SUCH A GREEDY GOBLIN, there's just nothing to it. It's mostly carbs which are the worst macronutrient for promoting satiety. She could use vital wheat gluten to bind the jackfruit together, it's relatively cheap and has 75g protein per 100g. For reference, jackfruit has 1.7g and mushrooms have 3.1g per 100g. Seitan has gone mad on TikTok for some reason so I'm sure we'll get a seitan recipe some time in 2035. Brought to you by #vegansagainstjackfruit
I'm not on TikTok but I am mad for seitan. Thanks for the heads up, will have a look...

Reactions: 14

Lanie

VIP Member
Bought my sister a Djungelskog for Christmas and she says it’s the best present she’s ever had! 😂 He’s huge and very, very soft.

Looked up the recipe for honey but ice cream and...wtf? I’ve never seen a recipe for ice cream that suggests freezing it into ice cubes first then bashing half melted ice cubes together? Is this normal?

View attachment 540782
It sounds like the milk, capt'n crunch, peanut butter thing that Joon makes in Benny and Joon and she forces Johnny depps character sam to to drink and he chokes it down with a mmmm🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Skyfall

Chatty Member
She's unfollowed him recently then, i’m sure it was mentioned in the threads when she eventually followed him after he emerged with his campaign last year. Her squiggles were tagging her in his comments.
I follow them both and they don’t show ‘accounts you both follow’ Idk

Reactions: 9