Jack Monroe #182 Extraneous brine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"I just don't shout about everything I do"

That's precisely what you ARE supposed to do, you complete and utter moron. These people are paying you to promote their campaigns to your audience. And you do an unbelievably crap job of it time and time again.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
Really hate this kind of rhetoric. It’s so divisive and reductive. So what if Tom Kerridge doesn’t have the lived experience of food poverty? He’s using his resource, know how and influence to help others who do.
The bootstrap ideology grates on me so much, but in this tweet it undermines whatever squiggle is saying because it shows they don't understand poverty, they don't understand politics, they don't understand human behaviours and they don't understand economics at a macro or individual level. I can't decide if they are too dim to realise they are making the argument against Jack's approach or if they are being super-meta and giving Jack some covert shade.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
20210422_111932.jpg

Reassuring that Twitter isn't 100% sheeple. From a non-troll account too.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 122
Idk why cringe bot wants to make his presence here known. I’d be mortified if I was secretly hanging out with a cabal of “middle aged menopausal women” some of whom are willing to shag Ian Hislop or crusty old Steptoe, yet we are in universal agreement that you are not serving us any 🔥sexual energy🔥
I think it is mean and very creepy, his is using it to get her attention and play protector, but doing duck all about it except reminding here we are here. She should cut him off, as I think his ultimate goal is to raise his profile and lurk around women.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Problem is with Jack is the squiggles I think allow her food to be tit because it’s cheap. She can’t move on from that narrative. If she spent any money on ingredients it would really highlight the lack of knowledge, skill and flavour.

Tom is a great choice. No doubt he has a massive team he can utilise without costing the campaign, also knowledgable and trained.
or you could get ‘once and done’ or ‘burnt pork’ Jack.
What a dilemma.

however Jack with all her hours of work could just support the campaign for free...

1619087130611.gif

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
Jack refusing to retweet or promote this campaign in any way other than mentioning her own involvement demonstrates what a bitter, twisted little individual she really is. She knows the teams behind Tom and Marcus have bigger fish to fry than to address her 'behind the scenes' work, and so gets away with her lies.

But sure, she doesn't tweet about everything. Only diarrhoea, where the tampons are kept, her son's hygiene...

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 85
View attachment 541117

Reassuring that Twitter isn't 100% sheeple. From a non-troll account too.
Kids are going to relate way more to a young footballer, and feel more comfortable with Tom than they would a nervous, twitchy, unprepared Jack. I bet, if you showed the cabal children any of her stuff, they'd be very unimpressed. And kids will tell you outright if they think you're tit too.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
He’s definitely got a log in so he can see screenshots. It’s a slippery slope m’ladybot. Go and doff your cap elsewhere.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 63
Morning Fraus.

Whatever happened to Jack going into politics?
Even that was all about her wanting to be in the limelight. She wanted to go straight in as an MP. No lowly start as a local Labour councillor for her, no straight in at the top.

She has no comprehension of working your way up through hard work and determination.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
I'm really sitting on my hands here. Someone needs to tell these squiggles what's what. Preferably not a troll Tattle account either.
It should be Monroe - especially as she's trying to claim that she was working as some sort of consultant for the project - though her silence is probably calling bullshit on that whole fanciful idea. Either way of course, she's much happier to sit back and let her flying monkeys bring the whole thing down in the name of her own brand, just like JO all over again.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
Kids are going to relate way more to a young footballer, and feel more comfortable with Tom than they would a nervous, twitchy, unprepared Jack. I bet, if you showed the cabal children any of her stuff, they'd be very unimpressed. And kids will tell you outright if they think you're tit too.
i'm also going to go out on a limb here and assume that jack is not very good with children

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
The thing about Tom and Marcus that gives them edge in addition to integrity, talent and genuine empathy, is the fact that they experienced poverty as children. Jack didn't. Tom and Marcus will be able to remember how they felt and empathise with children today. They will understand the anxiety, fear, confusion, humiliation, the longing and the hunger that you feel as a poor and hungry child. They will be able to get straight to the heart of the matter. The other good thing in this case is that they are both men and Marcus in particular will be an idol to kids and especially black boys.
This is so important because cooking is still seen as a woman's job. These men will be able to help normalise the idea of men cooking and bring those skills to boys who might otherwise feel unseen in society or maligned and written off as not talented because they maybe struggled at school.
This is the toxic bootstrap ethos again though. I hate that assumption that you can just pull yourself up by your bootstrap and achieve success through hard work alone. It does not take into account the fact that you might be a black boy living in an inner city slum. You are a nice kid but life is tough. You only have one parent and you are living in poverty. School is difficult and you don't get the one to one help you need as the teachers are over worked and under supported. Eventually you might be coerced or feel peer pressure to join a gang/take drugs/commit petty crime, it's more fun than studying and there is nothing else to do. Your mum works all hours and doesn't have the time to encourage you to study or learn how to cook. Society judges you automatically based on your skin colour, you are automatically viewed as a criminal and why should you respect the police when they are known for brutality and racism? The media and politicians, monarchy and ruling classes are inherently racist too and have created a nepotic system to keep the jobs and money at an unattainable level. They make no secret of viewing the rest of society as plebs and worker drones either so again why have any loyalty or desire to do good?

With all that and more against you, it is little wonder that the bootstrap ideology fails. People like Jack and her tory pals conveniently and frequently overlook their privilege.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 130
@People-huv-tae-know you've put the entire situation into perspective here. I wish this could be blasted out to everysquig taking up for Jack today. Childhood poverty is nothing like adult poverty, especially if one has had a comfortable upbringing.
Brava.

• Heart
'I'm having treatment/i'm going through something serious i can't talk about' in 3...2...1...
Exactly this.
National campaign with someone in rehab doesn’t really fit. Their disaster on kitchen live , Plus the trial run for GQ with MF, told all they needed to know.
They’re not built for main stream media

• Heart
Reactions: 38
The thing about Tom and Marcus that gives them edge in addition to integrity, talent and genuine empathy, is the fact that they experienced poverty as children. Jack didn't. Tom and Marcus will be able to remember how they felt and empathise with children today. They will understand the anxiety, fear, confusion, humiliation, the longing and the hunger that you feel as a poor and hungry child. They will be able to get straight to the heart of the matter. The other good thing in this case is that they are both men and Marcus in particular will be an idol to kids and especially black boys.
This is so important because cooking is still seen as a woman's job. These men will be able to help normalise the idea of men cooking and bring those skills to boys who might otherwise feel unseen in society or maligned and written off as not talented because they maybe struggled at school.
This is the toxic bootstrap ethos again though. I hate that assumption that you can just pull yourself up by your bootstrap and achieve success through hard work alone. It does not take into account the fact that you might be a black boy living in an inner city slum. You are a nice kid but life is tough. You only have one parent and you are living in poverty. School is difficult and you don't get the one to one help you need as the teachers are over worked and under supported. Eventually you might be coerced or feel peer pressure to join a gang/take drugs/commit petty crime, it's more fun than studying and there is nothing else to do. Your mum works all hours and doesn't have the time to encourage you to study or learn how to cook. Society judges you automatically based on your skin colour, you are automatically viewed as a criminal and why should you respect the police when they are known for brutality and racism? The media and politicians, monarchy and ruling classes are inherently racist too and have created a nepotic system to keep the jobs and money at an unattainable level. They make no secret of viewing the rest of society as plebs and worker drones either so again why have any loyalty or desire to do good?

With all that and more against you, it is little wonder that the bootstrap ideology fails. People like Jack and her tory pals conveniently and frequently overlook their privilege.
I really hope Jack reads this comment and hangs her head in shame. She's a liar and a grifter, she never intended to help anyone but herself.

This is a brilliant post ♥

• Heart
Raises so many questions.

Only £5k for six months of 100 hour weeks?
How did her SIM get hijacked?
How long did it take her to notice?
Just how many accounts does she have?
Was the 5k in a business account or just have a rest (dino nap) is her personal account?
If she had been s victim of fraud, why wouldn't she get her money back?
Paranoid about security - since bleeping when?

Did this coincide with LJC asking what Jack was doing with all her money, because their joint savings account certainly wasn't seeing any of it?
‘Joint savings’ surely LJC isn’t that dumb.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Plus, Jack had a 'try out' with Marcus when they were involved with him in the GQ magazine awards. Jack spent several hours cooking with him. Plenty of time to evaluate if there was chemistry between them and whether they would be a good match to present cooking spots together.
I feel like you need to put “ around the word “cooking”, dear heart 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.