Jack Monroe #182 Extraneous brine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
she won’t promote it. She will only comment. She doesn’t promote things unless she’s paid to (too busy tweeting about diarrhoea).
Or they'll let it run awhile and then 'address the controversy' asserting that they are all mates, people are trying to create discord, bring Jack down etc. Worst case scenario is that either MR or TK or someone from their teams needs to step in and smooth things over.

Reactions: 39
I can’t (well, I can) believe she hasn’t retweeted anything to do with this campaign, yet.

Reactions: 57
If she was truly involved in any meaningful way she would be shouting it from the rooftops.
I think she may have been involved in the planning stages, her name was thrown into the hat as chef sidekick to MR, and laughter ensues. All the tales of her unprofessionalism and snarky attitude, her weird, obsessive nature with higher ups, the lies upon lies to cover up her Tory, middle class background, and was never really poor/homeless to boot!

That is where her involvement ended in the programme.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Jack’s recipes are confusing, nutritionally very dodgy, poorly costed, low welfare and taste like tit. This is likely why even if she was ‘consulted’ she was not involved beyond this and not being credited.

Much like her claims to be a culinary maverick; just because you’ve thought of it, it doesn’t mean it’s an original idea or a revolutionary improvement. All it means it that someone has had the same idea, tried it, realised it was bad and has never spoken of it again. Jack appears to be under the impression that each bonkers thought she has is akin to inventing fire when really all she’s inventing is the kind of kitchen slop a five year old let loose in the store cupboard makes for fun.

I dislike her, she’s like a bog brush in the living room.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
The Squigs sniping at Tom/Marcus are the lowest of the low. The fact they are leading the charge now doesn’t negate the work of those that came before, but they’re using their considerably higher profile to amplify the issue (particularly, in Marcus’s case, reaching groups who are traditionally quite disengaged with social issues).

I liken it to the AIDS crisis of the 80s - there were armies of fantastic people on the frontline working to help those living with it for years, but it took advocacy from the likes of Elizabeth Taylor to really bring the shocking response from governments to global attention.

The Squigs are really grating my mushrooms on this one.

• Heart
Reactions: 76
I think she may have been involved in the planning stages, her name was thrown into the hat as chef sidekick to MR, and laughter ensues. All the tales of her unprofessionalism and snarky attitude, her weird, obsessive nature with higher ups, the lies upon lies to cover up her Tory, middle class background, and was never really poor/homeless to boot!

Yep, and Sainsbury's would have absolutely vetoed her involvement as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 56

Plus, Jack had a 'try out' with Marcus when they were involved with him in the GQ magazine awards. Jack spent several hours cooking with him. Plenty of time to evaluate if there was chemistry between them and whether they would be a good match to present cooking spots together.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
I wish someone would step up and say Jack is not involved, but I think both TK and MR will not comment publicly. Their food is far more appealing to the vast majority - simple, easy, quick, and not involving too many potentially unfamiliar ingredients. Jack throws everything together in absolutely bizarre ways with flavour combinations that just don't work.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I wish someone would step up and say Jack is not involved, but I think both TK and MR will not comment publicly. Their food is far more appealing to the vast majority - simple, easy, quick, and not involving too many potentially unfamiliar ingredients. Jack throws everything together in absolutely bizarre ways with flavour combinations that just don't work.
I've thought about Jack's convoluted recipes more than ever recently because I have started a volunteer role working with someone who has just settled into permanent housing and offering support with whatever goals they'd like to acheive. One of the main things is cooking, so I have been creating some simple, nutritious recipes I can offer that won't seem overwhelming or annoying to make and will actually taste good enough at the end that they will be worth making again. I cannot even imagine offering a single one of Jack's recipes as a useful tool which is insane because that's HER ENTIRE REASON FOR HAVING A CAREER?!

• Heart
Reactions: 62

Why are they so blind and/or stupid?

Do you think there'll be an element of sock puppetry today? I don't use Twitter but it must be tiring keeping up your sock account activity so that it looks like an authentic account, just so you can post shite on your own account?

Finally, Your Honour, not implying that the above account is a sock...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
Have we seen this? Squiggled to maintain that all important privacy.

sketch-1619082122384.png

Damn they really got us here. Don't think I'll be able to sleep at night knowing that FedoraBot hangs out on here and reports back all the nasty things those meanies say about m'lady 🥴

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 95
Inspiring people to what exactly? Actually to tbf Jack did inspire me to look at some of my more problematic behaviour. 🤷

TK on GMB this morning talked of his and MR backgrounds and their similarities.
How on earth would Jack have twisted "two parent family, five bed detached home, grammar school ed and earning around 40k in their early 20's" into a similar back story to MR I wonder.

I really do think she is nearing the end of The Grift, so many more people are seeing through it now, and she knows it.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
The Squigs sniping at Tom/Marcus are the lowest of the low. The fact they are leading the charge now doesn’t negate the work of those that came before, but they’re using their considerably higher profile to amplify the issue (particularly, in Marcus’s case, reaching groups who are traditionally quite disengaged with social issues).

I liken it to the AIDS crisis of the 80s - there were armies of fantastic people on the frontline working to help those living with it for years, but it took advocacy from the likes of Elizabeth Taylor to really bring the shocking response from governments to global attention.

The Squigs are really grating my mushrooms on this one.
It's horrible. I fail to understand why more people working on something like this is bad.

There's also plenty of activity in this space that was never led by JM.

Also, when people come along and do a far more impactful job of something, that might be a good time to take a look at what they're doing, compared to what you're doing and ask yourself how they managed to make a success of something you struggled with. Now, maybe part of that is profile, in this case, but I suspect it's also the willingness to build a team, the preparedness to work with people who you might not necessarily be politically aligned with and the amount of effort being put into building something coherent. Or, you know, we could all keep shouting on Twitter and burning all the bridges.

• Heart
Reactions: 47

View attachment 541045

Damn they really got us here. Don't think I'll be able to sleep at night knowing that FedoraBot hangs out on here and reports back all the nasty things those meanies say about m'lady 🥴
Jack's not going to shag you mate. You're not rich or influential enough. Spend that energy you're wasting on Jack on creating better concepts.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58

View attachment 541045

Are we meant to feel scared? Or ... chastened? Just a bit creepy, mate. Please go and draw a white knight bot and watch The Abyss or sommat.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.