Jack Monroe #182 Extraneous brine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack has decided not to make a big deal of masterminding Tom & Marcus' campaign because...

a) she likes to work behind the scenes (despite tweeting yesterday about her willingness to donate to the beigel place)

b) she nobly chose to take a step back because she has so many trolls who would try to sabotage any project with her name on it

c) she's lying

• Haha
Reactions: 65
Oh LJC I called my cats smolbots t'other day! I've also been saying handsnomes from the Hinch thread. Can you tell I spend a lot of time on my own?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Why does she hold the utensils in such a cack handed way? The way she beats the butter and sugar sets my teeth on edge. I want to grab the spatula out of her hand and do it properly myself.

She snapped at Matt once or twice too. When she was having trouble putting the top on the processor he said "that's it" and she really snapped back with a sarky "is it".
Every time the guest on the screen talked, Jack started making a lot of noise to drown her out too. Petulant lil brat behaviour.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
At 2.38am Jack tweets to suggest she is quietly beavering behind the scenes tagging in Marcus and Tom.

Then deletes it before either they (or more likely, their media teams) have seen it.
She puts so so much effort into pretending she's doing stuff that she might as well actually do it at this point.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
She puts so so much effort into pretending she's doing stuff that she might as well actually do it at this point.
I've worked with lazy people who've spent more effort trying to get away with doing nothing than if they'd just put head down, bum up and done their work.

I'm one of the ones who never gets away with anything so it's easier for me just to do my job. I've always half admired/ half hated those who do get away with it. Bastards :)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Babe, same. And Toast or Kemi Telford when I'm feeling spendy, FatFace or Joules when there's a sale on. Tesco, in desperation.
At least Jack hasn't discovered the Vampire's Wife yet.
She’s be all up in Sali Hughes niche then

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I noticed Sir Matt of Forearms is nominated in the Personality of the Year category of Fortnum and Mason's Food and Drink Awards. That Man and Mom are also nominated, but I feel he deserves it just for putting up with Jack! And did anyone see that awful episode with Charlie and Naga on SKL recently? They were so rude, but he handled it really well.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
I can't understand why Jack has not been nominated for such a prestigious award? She has given us crisp sandwiches for bad days, mayo collabs, and the infamous upside down pineapple chicken with a vegan version (sort of). Why have the judging board not seen this wild maverick redefining what edible means?! Absolute injustice.

Can't lie, I think Matt is yummy. The cabal is my safe space now, I can admit it!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I can't understand why Jack has not been nominated for such a prestigious award? She has given us crisp sandwiches for bad days, mayo collabs, and the infamous upside down pineapple chicken with a vegan version (sort of). Why have the judging board not seen this wild maverick redefining what edible means?! Absolute injustice.

Can't lie, I think Matt is yummy. The cabal is my safe space now, I can admit it!!!
She could have at least been in the Digital Creator of the Year category - it doesn't even state it has to be about food, just says 'What website or channel do you watch for recipe inspiration or just for fun?' :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 33
She could have at least been in the Digital Creator of the Year category - it doesn't even state it has to be about food, just says 'What website or channel do you watch for recipe inspiration or just for fun?' :ROFLMAO:
Her loyal squiggle army didn't nominate her? Oh, they've betrayed you, Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I cannot believe that kitchen.

What happened? I feel so sad for it.

Deposit definitely gone on that property.
She's no respect for anything. She looks down so much on people, yet she's an absolute filthy scruff who destroys rental properties and doesn't look after her high end purchases.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Her loyal squiggle army didn't nominate her? Oh, they've betrayed you, Jack.
150k followers will put a like by a tweet as it doesn't take any effort. Ask them to even do something as simple as go to another website and vote, nope.

As I said before 200k of her followers couldn't even be bothered to put a like by a tweet when asked to.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
All sorts for the wiki on that thread reader app!

View attachment 539171
I don't have anywhere near as much money as her and I have two children. Yes I have a husband ( so not single parent) but I am sure she gets money from her child's dad if not in the least money spent on clothes etc.

Ive always been able to afford my children. Yes they cost alot but I don't spend money on shite, all of our money goes on bills, food etc and things likes holidays are saved up for. I buy my clothes in Tesco's or Primark, sometimes charity shops and the same for the kids. ( As of yet they don't care.) I do buy them Clarke's shoes but I save up and make the splurge.

If she spent less money trying to live in designer gear perhaps she have money.

Also I am by no means tarring her with the same brush as actual poverty stricken people as I know circumstances change and it can be difficult to pay for things for your kids.

She has a good income she just has a spending problem.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Yeah I'm sure that's what it is squig, selfless Jack Modest Monroe just hates attention being brought to her good deeds.

Screenshot_20210421-105244.png

Screenshot_20210124-095738~2.jpg

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 102
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.