Jack Monroe #182 Extraneous brine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if her parents are only aware of the Sm accounts she has shared with them? šŸ¤” unless they are very tech savvy, they may be unaware of what other people are seeing? They maybe Getting a highly sanitized view? šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
but even if they've only read stuff she has written for the guardian etc her claims of poverty are pretty bad, IIRC she wrote about selling all of SB's toys in a guardian column

Reactions: 31
I wonder if her parents are only aware of the Sm accounts she has shared with them? šŸ¤” unless they are very tech savvy, they may be unaware of what other people are seeing? They maybe Getting a highly sanitized view? šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
Probably. I don't think that generation tend to use much SM, outside of Facebook, so they probably wouldn't have a clue what she's up to.

Or they're the kind of Tories who love to complain how they're the "squeezed middle" and how those people who are on benefits and get 'free houses' are so much better off than them as they've got huge mortgages and grammar school uniforms to buy.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I also don't think you necessarily need lived experience to educate people on something, you can educate yourself on issues, talk to people who have experienced them etc
Totally agree. You have to really care about the issue at hand tho and not put yourself/monetised self promotion first.

Reactions: 33
Ooooh @blurstoftimes could you do some ideas on Food and Drink? I canā€™t cook much due to low energy, or shop frequently. I am, I donā€™t know if Iā€™ve mentioned this, a lifelong vegetarian and ā€œreducingā€ towards plant based.
ETA just saw that Poca suggested a thread, would also be good
Seconding (or maybe thirding?) this - I would love to get some more quick and easy veggie recipes as I've fallen out of cooking lately but want to start eating more veg again! I hate wasting food so anything that uses seasonal veg etc is much appreciated :')

• Heart
Reactions: 35
This treatment she has been in since 9am didn't stop her retweeting other stuff, just MR and TK stuff. It didn't stop her tweeting sarcastic comments to others asking why she was not involved either. Funny that.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 110
I hope this treatment is intensive therapy for emotionally unstable personality disorder.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 55
She has gone very quiet on Twitter. Is she back having treatment I wonder? The whole Jack's working behind the scenes with Marcus and Tom situation is just bizarre. If that were the truth, and it is one of her projects, she would want it to be successful surely. Why not promote it then? Especially when she is being mentioned by squiggles left right and centre. Very odd situation indeed, and could well backfire spectacularly.
I suspect even Jack is aware she needs to tread very carefully with this one. If she keeps insisting she is 'working behind the scenes' šŸ¤­ her deluded flying monkeys will get irate and demand she is acknowledged @ Marcus and Tom.
Even promoting it now will pose difficulties for her as she would have to write some tweet around it, and she will have to maintain the 'oh yes I was involved' line (or it would be really odd) - each time risking more and more someone actually involved saying er no you weren't.
Her main problem is if she manages to whip up a significant backlash against the whole enterprise due to this silly lie, she will do herself irreparable damage - as Marcus is incredibly well respected and probably a National Treasure.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Iā€™ll tell you what I donā€™t get, and I hope I donā€™t say this in a way that offends, I should preface by saying Iā€™ve never known poverty myself. But what I donā€™t get it if you were really poor, and literally had to buy a weeks worth of food for say Ā£20, WHY would you buy ā€˜weirdā€™/different stuff? (I canā€™t think of a better word than weird I hope you understand I donā€™t mean ā€˜weirdā€™ I mean different, e.g. not run of the mill ordinary stuff you see on the shelves in supermarkets) If you were that desperate whatā€™s wrong with a jacket potato and beans for example? If I didnā€™t have much money the last thing Iā€™d be doing would be experimenting with kidney beans and pineapple curries. Iā€™d stick to things I knew I liked and were cheap because I couldnā€™t afford to waste a penny on a recipe Iā€™d never tried before. I understand part of her remit is dealing with what you get in a food bank, but yeah if Iā€™m way off the mark here then as you were, scroll on by and ignore me haha just something Iā€™ve been pondering since finding jack on here

• Heart
Reactions: 94
Honestly, I'd rather harvest honey from the next of African killer bees with my bare hands than spend one moment in her therapy group. Can you feckin imagine? Her therapists must be so stressed dealing with her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
I suspect even Jack is aware she needs to tread very carefully with this one. If she keeps insisting she is 'working behind the scenes' šŸ¤­ her deluded flying monkeys will get irate and demand she is acknowledged @ Marcus and Tom.
Even promoting it now will pose difficulties for her as she would have to write some tweet around it, and she will have to maintain the 'oh yes I was involved' line (or it would be really odd) - each time risking more and more someone actually involved saying er no you weren't.
Her main problem is if she manages to whip up a significant backlash against the whole enterprise due to this silly lie, she will do herself irreparable damage - as Marcus is incredibly well respected and probably a National Treasure.
I think sheā€™s banking on TK and MR both being grown ups and above actually saying she wasnā€™t involved.

Unless she does a massive chaos when sheā€™s out of whatever sheā€™s in today, while the Squigs are a significant number for her, theyā€™re not going to make a dent in TK/MRs mentions.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.