Jack Monroe #181 Time flies when you’re judging slop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The next time she coyly alludes to Tattle on Twitter, we can expect They even used hi-tech Russian hacking techniques to breach my personal data

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Just wanted to say (the reappearance of the grated mushrooms has reminded me) that whenever my dog does an unimpressive poo nowadays, I tut at him and say 'Well, *that* was a disappointing yield" as I pick it up, and I chuckle to myself. @heretoreaditall2019

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
I have HOOTED up a lung this morning lads 🤣

Ah the sun is shining, the birds are singing and Jack has presented us with an early morning chaos.

Could the day get any better?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Serves 4 with 150g of mushrooms and a can of jackfruit? Is she taking the piss? She needs to therefore double her costings because that would serve at 2 at a push. She also hasn't included rice in this, which is a clear focal point in the picture and probably would be the most substantial part of the meal.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
Lord Jesus Christ.....a whole essay to describe chopping mushrooms, when you can also just list 'finely chopped or grated mushrooms' in the ingredient list. That way you can also prep better.

I prefer things to be short and sweet in a recipe and save my nostalgic references to the 80s or 90s for texts with friends.

Last edited:
Reactions: 30
Well it’s live week for those who want to watch along.

I love Matt cradling his own forearms lovingly. No double denim (I imagine wardrobe said no) and her hair looks nice. The hilarious jokey thing is inappropriate ‘now you’ve stopped talking’. Matt is being nice but frankly, she’s been on TV for nearly a decade and if it doesn’t work it doesn’t work (and this is with clips of Nadia in the middle who has been doing it a much shorter time).

The lasagne makes an appearance, it’s as bad as you remember. The blitzed mushrooms give me the heaves, and I like mushrooms. The sauce, oh the sauce. It must taste like raw bleeping flour. She also puts a pathetic amount on the lasagne.
why the duck would you put stuffing on top of a lasagne as well, that sounds terrible.

the ‘one and done’ comment happens as well. It’s shows Jack....

At the start of the show it is really obvious that Matt is stroking his forearms in a deliberate manner. Proof positive that he or his wife was reading here and having a good laugh.
Jack was asked what to do with the leftover oil in the frying pan after frying fish. She said filter it back into the bottle. What, so that all the oil tastes fishy? All the fresh oil in the bottle will be tainted with used oil reducing its shelf life. I don't want my fried egg at breakfast tasting fishy thank you.

I have given up on the rest of it, might go back later today after I deep clean the kitchen 12 times.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 61
A quick calculation shows the calories per portion of that to be just over 180. The majority of the calories actually come from the 3tbsp of cooking oil, which account for half of that 180 🙁.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 66
I dislike her recipes. The florid language, the unnecessary info and so long winded, all to end up with something revolting for dinner. Yum!

Compare her awful writing to Miguel Barclay's recipes, so simple and easy to follow. It's makes me so depressed she is getting paid for this tit.
Writes like tit, food looks tit and tastes tit 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
Serves 4 with 150g of mushrooms and a can of jackfruit? Is she taking the piss? She needs to therefore double her costings because that would serve at 2 at a push. She also hasn't included rice in this, which is a clear focal point in the picture and probably would be the most substantial part of the meal.
Ah but you are forgetting you also get 1/4 of a small can of pineapple!

In all seriousness though, her serving sizes are ridiculous. Sure, your recipe will seem cheap - IF YOUR SERVINGS ARE MINISCULE. Maybe she could reduce the price by... I don't know... not using branded pineapple.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.