Jack Monroe #182 Extraneous brine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Idk why cringe bot wants to make his presence here known. I’d be mortified if I was secretly hanging out with a cabal of “middle aged menopausal women” some of whom are willing to shag Ian Hislop or crusty old Steptoe, yet we are in universal agreement that you are not serving us any 🔥sexual energy🔥

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 107
Its unbelievable that she hasn't retweeted this campaign.

Actually it isn't. Her platform is for her self promotion
I agree it's really gross. And framing it as "I dont have to shout about everything I do guys!!!!" as its some kind of exercise in humility rather than failing to promote something incredibly important!!!!! Sick

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Really hate this kind of rhetoric. It’s so divisive and reductive. So what if Tom Kerridge doesn’t have the lived experience of food poverty? He’s using his resource, know how and influence to help others who do.
I think the point of TK and MR being involved (and I may be completely wrong) is that they came from poor backgrounds and also have a lived experience of living in food poverty. Oddly, JM didn’t.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
🧦🧦🧦🧦🧦🧦🧦
washday, gather all your odd sox
Really hate this kind of rhetoric. It’s so divisive and reductive. So what if Tom Kerridge doesn’t have the lived experience of food poverty? He’s using his resource, know how and influence to help others who do.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Absolutely disgusting, her fans trolling all the news of Marcus and Tom with comments like this
Screenshot 2021-04-22 at 10.45.32.png

Screenshot 2021-04-22 at 10.45.23.png

Screenshot 2021-04-22 at 10.45.54.png

This one's from a blue tick. It's misogyny OBVIOUSLY.
Screenshot 2021-04-22 at 10.46.21.png

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 69
Raises so many questions.

Only £5k for six months of 100 hour weeks?
How did her SIM get hijacked?
How long did it take her to notice?
Just how many accounts does she have?
Was the 5k in a business account or just have a rest (dino nap) is her personal account?
If she had been s victim of fraud, why wouldn't she get her money back?
Paranoid about security - since bleeping when?

Did this coincide with LJC asking what Jack was doing with all her money, because their joint savings account certainly wasn't seeing any of it?
I’m not condoning the theft but how different is it to her implying she is sooo poor to the extent someone sends uses their winter fuel allowance to help her ?

my personal view is the lack of use if her Twitter platform to promote what she alleges to be passionate about ( FSM food poverty food banks ) which would take five minutes a day to retweet speaks volumes as to her real passion which isn’t food activism

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I'm really sitting on my hands here. Someone needs to tell these squiggles what's what. Preferably not a troll Tattle account either.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Jack's fans are the worst. This is from a bretxiteer.

View attachment 541019

TBH I think she'll rather enjoy people implying that Marcus and Tom are stealing her thunder, she won't want to shut it down because the more its out there the more 'true' it gets, in her mind. She cares less about the cause than she does about her own publicity.
I will NEVER understand these squiggles. Even if you believe that Jack has been doing this for years (and it is debatable, as over 180 threads show), why oh why would you feel the need to passive-aggressively point this out? Isn't it fantastic that a HUGE star with a massive following is running with it?

• Heart
Reactions: 62
And why would you care who is doing it as long as the meals are cheap, tasty and easy to follow?

If you're drowning you don't judge the hand that pulls you from the sea.

bleeping idiots.

• Heart
Reactions: 71
i'm confused - squiggle didn't ask if Jack was involved ?!
Important to note, I think, that this fan of Jack's, to whom Jack chose to respond, is a true blue tory, who likes to volunteer as a food bank and hand out Jack's recipes for clout, even while working for a party which is responsible for people needing food banks in the first place.

View attachment 540989
bleeping hell! Squiggle is lucky she didnt get a tin of sweetcorn shoved up her patronising arse.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
And he does anyway. It's just not his USP.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Or they'll let it run awhile and then 'address the controversy' asserting that they are all mates, people are trying to create discord, bring Jack down etc. Worst case scenario is that either MR or TK or someone from their teams needs to step in and smooth things over.
Or send her a cease and desist letter.

That would be really funny.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Why are the squiggles so bloody obsessed with her having the monopoly on cheap food?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
She's a busy little maverick today it seems. If the Hellmans "Eye of Sauron" shitshow is being used as a case study/best practice I am HOOTING.
20210422_111448.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
Jack - call off your flying monkeys. Show some dignity. Promote the campaign

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.