Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I am not saying anything new here, but I am pretty appalled by Jack’s behaviour around the Full Time Meals campaign today. If ever I feel bad in future about scrutinising Jack on this forum, I will remind myself of this.

To me, this reveals Jack’s true motivation in life - praise, media exposure, self promotion, and monetising all of that. Only a couple of weeks ago Jack was snarkily telling a supportive squig who had pulled up another blue-ticker that “my pronouns are ‘trying to make sure vulnerable people have decent food and safe housing’ thanks” - so why aren’t you doing that here Jack? WHY? You have retweeted other rubbish today for lols, but can’t manage to bring yourself to retweet a single thing in support of MR and TK’s campaign because you are so jealous and your ego won’t allow you to. But funnily enough, you can find the time to martyr yourself in replies saying you have been involved but just don’t like to shout about everything. Okay then.

I can’t even with these flying monkeys - the lack of generosity and critical thinking skills is astounding.

And it is extremely gratifying that MR and TK won’t get involved in some low level Twitter “humpf, Jack thought of it first, not fair” noise because they know that would bring negativity to the campaign and rather than adulation and a quick buck, their focus is genuinely on helping those who need it, because they *know* what it’s like to be a child who needs fed.

• Heart
Reactions: 83

Oxford_Girl

Chatty Member
I really don't understand with her platform and her activism why she doesn't retweet the Rashford stuff and even the JO stuff surely if you care about FSM you care about children being fed more than your ego? On DKL she said she's worked with the Trussell Trust for ages so why not a regular tweet for them? Her activism on Twitter is basically self promotion

• Heart
Reactions: 82

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Trifle defender saying arguments among followers over whose territory it is are an unnecessary distraction.
Good for her. As usual.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 80

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
I wanted to send you a private message but tattle won't let me...omg of course! I've been making recipes tailored to the person i'm supprting's tastes (a young guy) but would happy to send you some ideas just let me know if you have any intolerances, things you/your kids don't like or if you're veggies etc x
I’m going to sound like a total creep here Blurst but IMO, you’ve done more to help people with cooking today than Jack has done in her entire career - because you’re genuine, you’re obvs passionate about it and I bet the recipes will be lush.

Now tell us again about the time you ate the towel in the restaurant 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80

colouredlines

VIP Member
I cannot believe that kitchen.

What happened? I feel so sad for it.

Deposit definitely gone on that property.
I almost did a shriek screamed at the After, even though we've seen that pic before. Just...the Before is such a nice kitchen. The After looks like the home of a serial killer.

• Haha
Reactions: 79
It’s brilliant how the last few people to call her out & make actual change have been proper legit profiles. Vegan squiggle, go Henry mum, ICO squiggle, now sainos truther. All normal people with active profiles showcasing normal lives - friends they @ and chat with, normal politics, long standing profiles (made in 2009!), just all round normal people. They’re all savvy to her but she can’t pull the cheap and easy troll card. Beautiful.

• Heart
Reactions: 78

NomDeGuerre

VIP Member
The Squigs sniping at Tom/Marcus are the lowest of the low. The fact they are leading the charge now doesn’t negate the work of those that came before, but they’re using their considerably higher profile to amplify the issue (particularly, in Marcus’s case, reaching groups who are traditionally quite disengaged with social issues).

I liken it to the AIDS crisis of the 80s - there were armies of fantastic people on the frontline working to help those living with it for years, but it took advocacy from the likes of Elizabeth Taylor to really bring the shocking response from governments to global attention.

The Squigs are really grating my mushrooms on this one.

• Heart
Reactions: 76

DisgruntledGoat

VIP Member
I’m not sure what the squiggles are trying to achieve by tagging her into Marcus’ announcement saying that this is her thing and she should be doing it. Did they not see her GQ gig, or are those tweets in the file marked “long-deleted”, too? Are they trying to get her work, thinking that Marcus and Tom and their team will retcon the whole project to include her? Because someone with an agent and a publisher doesn’t need that, that’s what they take a cut of her considerable BBC and press and partnership earnings for. Shows how pervasive her eternal victim grift has been though.

And if this isn’t their goal, they’re just shitting all over the project, which is just evil, in my humble opinion. People on Twitter opining about foodbank parcels are all well and good but not everyone who is poor uses them: there are plenty of families who will struggle on tiny budgets, or who are time poor, and these recipes might help.

Something striking to me is that all of these people dragging Jack’s name into the ring seem middle class. I’m a total MC dickhead now, with 16 types of lentil in my cupboard, buying quinoa and biodynamic Viognier, but my entire family are working class and other than our grandparents WHO ARE DEAD none of the boomer/Gen X parents can cook (bar one who learnt to cook in prison then became quite a fancy chef). My experience of working class eating is that there is a lot of convenience food, and it’s mostly “safe” options that everyone will eat to save money and time (cheddar and you can fuck off if you think goats cheese is an option etc). I caused an absolute scandal in my family by going veggie when I was 8 and ultimately had to compromise by continuing to eat ham and chicken for the sake of the family purse. And I don’t say that in a victim way, it was just a thing. Don’t be fussy, eat what you’re given or there’s nowt else.

I would say my maternal side of family has gotten more foodie as programmes like Nigella have been mainstreamed but my dad’s side and all of my partner’s family are still very much on the beige train. There are still people who can’t or won’t cook, who are very reliant on convenience food. If Marcus and Tom can pique people’s interests (especially young lads) and just have a couple of meals a week that are made cheaper by using a bag of carrots rather than a pricier prepped equivalent, it’s really cool. As a poster said above, there’s no homogeneity in experience of food poverty. Baby steps are the only way.

Sorry that turned into a word count extravaganza. She’s just such a cockend.

• Heart
Reactions: 75

SlopAmbsase

Chatty Member
Jack’s recipes are confusing, nutritionally very dodgy, poorly costed, low welfare and taste like shit. This is likely why even if she was ‘consulted’ she was not involved beyond this and not being credited.

Much like her claims to be a culinary maverick; just because you’ve thought of it, it doesn’t mean it’s an original idea or a revolutionary improvement. All it means it that someone has had the same idea, tried it, realised it was bad and has never spoken of it again. Jack appears to be under the impression that each bonkers thought she has is akin to inventing fire when really all she’s inventing is the kind of kitchen slop a five year old let loose in the store cupboard makes for fun.

I hate her, she’s like a bog brush in the living room.

• Haha
  • Heart

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
Kids are going to relate way more to a young footballer, and feel more comfortable with Tom than they would a nervous, twitchy, unprepared Jack. I bet, if you showed the cabal children any of her stuff, they'd be very unimpressed. And kids will tell you outright if they think you're shit too.
The way she fangirled over Marcus for the GQ thing was pretty vom-inducing. She’s so awkward and unnecessary and also unreliable - TK and MR have obviously entered into this project knowing it’s a big commitment but even the media appearances they’re doing sound a lot. It’s not helpful if she’s standing in front of 17 plants in her kitchen looking like she’s slept in her clothes when she can’t even muster up an ounce of passion about the matter in hand

ETA that creepy little cockbot can do one as well. He’s obviously loving him and Jack having an in-joke about him watching us. Odd behaviour.

• Heart
  • Sick