Jack Monroe #181 Time flies when you’re judging slop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m not comfortable with this ‘hacking’ either, but I can’t help but feel she might have done it deliberately to try and get some sort of attention about Tattle and her ‘bullying, abusive ninnies.’ I certainly wouldn’t put it past her. I mean, how bleeping stupid is that password? She clearly doesn’t know what encryption or strong passwords are and I wouldn’t mind, but she has Apple devices which literally suggest strong passwords for you. 🙄

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Ok, chaps. No posting of the password (have removed this and the recipe). Let's face it, she most probably did it on purpose for attention / editing / to catch us out? Whatever the reason, it doesn't seem plausible that it was a mistake.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
I can't be the only non meat eater that is so fed up of jackfruit being forced apon me.

There's virtually no protein in it and these unbalanced incomplete meals are really grating.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Did she post the password for her site? (Not asking for password, I missed the mini chaos)

I think I'm stunned at the appearance of vegan upside down pineapple chicken slop. THAT MAN must have inspired her last night with his own green cuisine.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Screenshot 2021-04-20 at 11.29.56.png

Hope the folks at Del Monte have learned their lesson. Burned skin, no crackling, you'd bite into it, taste the charcoal, chew the fat and more soggy-looking fat in the middle.

I wonder whether they asked her to make another one? Or did Jack pull a, "I'm poor/undergoing treatment," and they had to run with it

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
Did we just somehow 'hack' Jack?
If so, I'm not comfortable with that.
nope, she’s just picked a super obvs password and then advertised it on Twitter rather than sending a second email like any actual professional would. It’s like dropping a tenner on the floor then claiming to have been mugged when someone picks it up

HOW is she a food writer who doesn’t know what food looks like?! So unless it’s in mushy tinned form she has zero recognition? And this is her career 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
How does she even managed to turn one of the most delicious meats in the world into brown slop with no taste or texture?!

That is skillz Jack

1618915466481.png

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
I can't be the only non meat eater that is so fed up of jackfruit being forced apon me.

There's virtually no protein in it and these unbalanced incomplete meals are really grating.
I was surprised at how low the calories are in it. The particular brand that she uses there has 2 servings per tin. Each serving contains only 27 calories 😕. It might be a good sub in terms of taste/texture (I've never tried it so honestly don't know), but it isn't a good sub for meat nutritionally. Leaves a meal very lacking if you're relying on it for that.

• Sad
Reactions: 35
I think she let the stopwatch run too long on those sausages she said you should cook for almost an hour #forensic #neverforget

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Serves 4 with 150g of mushrooms and a can of jackfruit? Is she taking the piss? She needs to therefore double her costings because that would serve at 2 at a push. She also hasn't included rice in this, which is a clear focal point in the picture and probably would be the most substantial part of the meal.
I think she may be extracting the extraneous brine?

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Thank you @Nottonightbabe and other vegan knowledge fraus. That's hardly any nutrition and as a shoe size 4.5 smol pixie that would not fill me up, I had no idea.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.