Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

greenvelvet

VIP Member
Grace's plan for the book:

1. Taking on too much is so bad for you. That's why I run three businesses as a business CEO and left them to burn whilst I was writing this book! I also launched a line of products and started renovations for my house and then went on a two-month holiday, leaving my team to it. PRODUCTIVITY, baby 🤩
  2. There really is absolutely no need to acknowledge your beginnings or where you came from. You don't owe anybody ANYTHING - certainly not an explanation (*ooh, this shall be its own point shortly). I built an empire from sharing how I succeeded in meeting conventional beauty standards and effectively disguised this as a pursuit of health and fitness. Babes LAPPED this up. I also went to a private music academy and a private girls' school whose fees were £8,629 per term, excluding music lessons, which I definitely also had. I then went to Oxford to do music. And then Genflow helped me create two businesses. But the third I made on my own! But the long and short of this is that a) I built an empire b) I went to Oxford and c) I'm a CEO. Nobody needs to know the rest because those three points are objectively impressive. I'll build a career off celebrating those three things in isolation (not covid isolation though, life's too short x) (maybe not for me anyway heehee i'm so fun)
  3. Be conventionally attractive! People that criticise you are crusty uglies anyway heehee, thank you to my babes that trawled the profile of someone who criticised me in the comments of one of my posts and made fun of their feet x x
  4. You don't owe anybody an explanation. I just think it's so toxic when people ask you to justify decisions you've made. People got soooo mad at me when I sold them BCAAs after deleting the videos I made a few years ago discussing how they are useless, and when it turned out the business I centred as being based in Portugal actually manufactured things in China, they were so bitter. I changed the website and beyond that I don't think it needs to be addressed. People that get annoyed when you change and grow are toxic and are not truly there for your growth.
  5. You have to make sacrifices, but you can be clever about this. For instance, I sacrificed content creators' pay checks and replaced them with exposure (many of them worked on content for 45 hours for me, which is fantastic community involvement, but really a misunderstanding if they expected payment for the amount of time they worked) to finance my Fendi earrings, £1.8million house, renovations, and two months travelling.
  6. Imposter syndrome is awful. I have a whole story tag on my profile dedicated to biz nuggets and accept invitations to speak at prestigious institutions like Cambridge University, but because I have imposter syndrome, this never comes over as unfounded or overly egotistical. 🗝
  7. Related to 1.: you must take time for yourself, ladies. In my working day, I like to factor in a dog-walk, a trip to Clapham Common, a few hours to read some biz books and/or nap, and multiple meals. I also like to finish early when I can and go for a drink with my babes Monmon or...well, whomever really. I really don't think this pandemic thing is that big of a deal????? Masks are so gross anyway
  8. Use these words - key, scaling, block, disrupting, industry - and you'll be fine!

Just chuck it to Jackmaaaate; he'll eviscerate it like he does with anything that comes out of the Gleam/Love Island squad

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
Well these aged like milk

Grace 1.PNG

Grace 2.PNG

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Grace 3.PNG

Grace 4.PNG

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Grace 5.PNG

Grace 6.PNG

Grace 7.PNG

Grace 8.PNG

Grace 9.PNG

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 60

cfs101

I have never posted because I never have anything useful to say lol, however after seeing Flora's "buy me a coffee" site I dm'd her about it as it felt wrong to me that she as a succesful person was asking for freebies? She responded immediatley and we had a back and forth about it for over 2 hours continously. I was shocked at how speedily she was responding, she would open my message as soon as I'd sent it even when I'd wait a while before replying and she'd start typing instantly even when I had only sent a part of my message and was still typing more (due to ig dm word limit). I have followed her for a while and dm'd her in the past and thought she was sweet, so maybe she responded so quickly because she recognised I was a fan which I once was. I'd include screenshots but there were 10+ from the convo and I didn't want to spam here as they were quite wordy, but her main points where:

- She doesn't make money from her blog so is asking for donations to support her, said she operated it at a loss and when I asked for clarification she admitted that her brand is not at a loss ANYMORE so a bit confusing
- I told her that her enagement from her blog/ig is what gets her the sponsorships that DO make her money, even if the blog itself is free...
- Said she was "offended" that I didn't see her free content as something I'd send her money for because it's free in the first place
- She implied she deserves money for her blog because "everyone should be paid for their work" (won't comment on the irony with shreddy...) even though she CHOOSES to put her blog out for free
- Compared her writing a blog and asking for money to philip green (a bit random) charging customers for clothes in topshop? which I said I did not understand as he is offering a product, whereas there is no product/perk for donating to her link it is literally just a donation to her bank...
- She went on a tangent about only women are judged for asking for money but when male influencers have patreons no one cares? Completely irrelevant to my point and I said nothing to suggest this
- Patronised me by saying "if you want to start a blog and work for 4 years before making money please do!" (again a bit weird because I never said I wanted to) and I responded with "unfortunately I don't have the luxury of generational wealth to cushion me to work for that long with no income"

Anyway, it was the oddest exchange I've ever had with an influencer as she really committed a lot of time and energy into it, it ended with her saying we're going to have to "agree to disagree". Unfortunately she came across as v entitled and out of touch so she lost a long-term follower

EDIT: sorry if this is too off-topic on a grace thread, I just thought people would find it interesting!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 52

Jlurking

One of the things that makes me so angry is when someone criticises Grace or her brands and she says "I'll personally refund you if it's that much of an issue".

It's so arrogant on so many levels. She truly sees herself as above her audience and colleagues because she has money. Coming from a woman who already exudes so much privilege, it's so tacky imo.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 52

Stephg264889

Chatty Member
This is actually disgusting. Yes she may be proud of herself for her book and want to celebrate but is it really necessary to go on ANOTHER holiday?? Saying you’re lucky and grateful isn’t relevant during a global pandemic. The thing is she doesn’t even do it safely, she comes back and goes out in large groups straight after being on holiday, travels in Ubers without masks, fills her office to capacity. It’s unbelievably privileged and irresponsible. Yeah if she gets Covid I’m sure she can afford private healthcare which is probably why she’s not concerned but what about all the people you’re putting at risk by going? Obviously grace isn’t the only one doing this but she really does claim to be woke and all that yet acts in the exact same way all the top 1% tories that she supposedly hates act.
Also can’t deal with her hopping on a sustainable bandwagon when her carbon footprint from holidays alone is beyond excessive. Only one person who needs to worry about over consumption I know and it’s the “overworked ceo” who finds the time to jet abroad to 8 different countries for 4 months of year and has 2 rooms dedicated to her clothes.
Heaven forbid I buy one pair of leggings from primark though 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 48

Emma.cs

Sam Missingham is a fairly big name in the publishing industry (at the very least, her opinions are well informed from years working in publishing at a high level). Her tweets about this 9 way auction reinforce the points you've all raised but from the internal publishing perspective, and I'll bet she didn't know much about Grace before Penguin bought her book. She calls this an example of the worst parts of he publishing industry

My favourite comment of hers is: "the thing that irritates me most about privileged people is that all of the doors in front of them are open and they don't even know those doors exist. They think they've been successful purely based on hard work"

Interestingly the replies to her tweets also largely agree (outside of the echo chamber of minions, it's a lot harder to paint yourself as a self-made boss babe CEO and get away with it)

• Heart
Reactions: 48

ninnnnjjaaaa

Chatty Member
I don't think it will you know
If her background gets slated in reviews as much as it is on Twitter now, I can see this being a complete PR disaster.
I wonder if someone relevant will take the time to review her book as noise written by a privileged influencer.

Oh wow ok. And I only screenshot a bit

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47

MIClovergirl

VIP Member
Also as a lawyer I can very much confirm it’s not compulsory for a business to take legal action, it’s a decision. Say it with your chest grace, you wanted to intimidate vulnerable people into shutting up so you could get away with this.

also calling the term free labour a massive accusation when she’s used the exact same phrase

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45

g0ssipgirl99

I'm a content creator (WAS) and on behalf of myself and all the other ones what she's saying is a load of shite. I'm really disgusted. No she hasn't spoke to everyone individually and she's lied about what was said. Basically made us out to sound like complete losers thank u grez ly

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

cookiemunchmunch

Screenshot 2020-08-20 at 10.28.08.png

"ReStAtinG hOw LucKy & excItEd I Am to Be GoiNg awaAayy" fuck off already, this statement doesn't make your travelling more acceptable

So we KNOW how much she's been galavanting around London these past two weeks, and we have seen her wear a mask (dirty one at that) once.

And now at the airport flying off to somewhere to be confirmed, mask is on now but do you guys think she will obey social distancing rules and mask usage once she's landed and in holiday mode? Hmmm let me guess

IT IS SO IRRITATING!!!! Can people stay home ONE FUCKING SUMMER out of their entire lives??????? Oh but go on Grace you deserve this time off since you are now an author. You definitely deserve this milestone, despite the fact that you got this deal 1000% times easier than so many aspiring authors that don't have the luxury of a 9-way auction based on the $$$$ publishers see when they look at you and your blind following. No but sure, enjoy

• Angry
Reactions: 43

MIClovergirl

VIP Member
Mon and grace are back together again what a surprise. Check Montana’s most recent insta story
Their moving in process is soo difficult can’t believe they were FORCED to go via France and Greece!! Grace somehow made herself into a bigger mug now after arguing so hard on Twitter about her previous holiday not being a holiday because holidays rn are bad

• Haha
Reactions: 43

KatyBlossom

Oop. 🙈
74ACFE0C-6861-4BE2-8714-5D0180C51C57.png
An influencer who’s actually honest about products, that’s a rare find! Maybe Grace will actually deign to do something about this now that someone with a 100k following has pointed out their rubbish quality, wow so sustainable

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42

Lizzurd

Screenshot_20200802_115834.jpg
Screenshot_20200802_115819.jpg
Screenshot_20200802_115749.jpg

Just saw these comments on a recent Tala post and they are SO spot on - maybe from someone on here?👀
But yeah just wanted to reiterate the point about the Investment Banking internship... I work in finance and i cannot stress enough how competitive these are. Like, even if you're in a prestigious uni doing a relevant degree, you have to apply like mad and check a ton of other boxes too. Someone studying music whos NOT EVEN IN UNI yet has literally 0% chance of getting in without a rich + powerful daddy. Like, sub-0%. Yet you just know that in Grace's mind she got it cuz they could see that shes so special and smart and above everyone else. Her peers in that internship cohort must have hated her lol.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42

MIClovergirl

VIP Member
Thread title suggestion: ‘my white privilege I’ll ignore. Global pandemic holidays? I want more!

or

‘my TALA leggings are bound to rip. Global pandemic? Time for another trip!’

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41

hello0986

Long time lurker here. I’m a few years older than grace so started watching her uni vlogs after I’d graduated myself and thought she was a genuinely great role model for young girls.

Watching her Shreddy ramble the other night really hit home just how out of her depth and inexperienced she is at the whole ceo game. But then, why wouldn’t she be, she’s 23 and less than a year out of uni! She has no experience working an actual job and now claims to be an industry disrupting ceo. When other ceos work two hour days or attend endless meetings, it’s because they’ve been in the game for 40 years and can do the job with their eyes closed.

Grace has built a hugely successful brand off the back of being a hustling uni student with a great bum (nothing wrong with that) and is totally right to capitalise off that by building a business, but to pretend she can distance herself from the influencer world and hop seemlessly into managing multiple multi million pound businesses with all the glory that comes with it is deluded. Her success is her brand and her brand is her, but once her fan base graduate and get real jobs they’ll realise how unrealistic grace’s portayal of “work” is. She vents on Twitter about how draining it is when people think they have a right to know about her personal life/views etc but doesn’t seem to understand that that is literally what she built her following on and what has earned her her money? (Bar the trust fund obv)

She’s neglecting her best asset by claiming to be too good to be an influencer (giving up YT because she can’t deal with the comments) and clearly struggling to create businesses that are capable of standing up by themselves without the backing of her brand. For someone so intelligent and well educated she’s not quite grasped her own marketing strategy. I think she made a big mistake turning down business school.

Reactions: 41