Grace Beverley #4 fecked it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You know who else told her fans to manage their expectations? Gabbie Hanna. And most of us know how well that went down.

Right, you know what I find interesting, is the fact that so far ive not seen a single person actually try to defend grace over this?
Like literally not even one single person?
Which is mad considering she has 1mil followers
I just checked a couple people's accounts and literally silence from them over this. Montana said nothing, Steph said nothing, Sophie Butler who is usually ALL OVER everything Grace does has said nothing....

Reactions: 12
Is there any way that one of us could record her story? I know it’s long but I feel like it’s important to have a “receipt” seeing as people have already started picking it apart

Reactions: 1
You know who else told her fans to manage their expectations? Gabbie Hanna. And most of us know how well that went down.

I just checked a couple people's accounts and literally silence from them over this. Montana said nothing, Steph said nothing, Sophie Butler who is usually ALL OVER everything Grace does has said nothing....
Grace will have told them not to say a thing. Right now it's happening in a pretty small place on the internet, Shreddy's IG. The minute Montana or Steph say something it's massively amplified. The same reason there is not a whisper of it on her main page.

Shreddy has lost 500 followers overnight though so that's something https://socialblade.com/instagram/user/shreddy

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I have never posted because I never have anything useful to say lol, however after seeing Flora's "buy me a coffee" site I dm'd her about it as it felt wrong to me that she as a succesful person was asking for freebies? She responded immediatley and we had a back and forth about it for over 2 hours continously. I was shocked at how speedily she was responding, she would open my message as soon as I'd sent it even when I'd wait a while before replying and she'd start typing instantly even when I had only sent a part of my message and was still typing more (due to ig dm word limit). I have followed her for a while and dm'd her in the past and thought she was sweet, so maybe she responded so quickly because she recognised I was a fan which I once was. I'd include screenshots but there were 10+ from the convo and I didn't want to spam here as they were quite wordy, but her main points where:

- She doesn't make money from her blog so is asking for donations to support her, said she operated it at a loss and when I asked for clarification she admitted that her brand is not at a loss ANYMORE so a bit confusing
- I told her that her enagement from her blog/ig is what gets her the sponsorships that DO make her money, even if the blog itself is free...
- Said she was "offended" that I didn't see her free content as something I'd send her money for because it's free in the first place
- She implied she deserves money for her blog because "everyone should be paid for their work" (won't comment on the irony with shreddy...) even though she CHOOSES to put her blog out for free
- Compared her writing a blog and asking for money to philip green (a bit random) charging customers for clothes in topshop? which I said I did not understand as he is offering a product, whereas there is no product/perk for donating to her link it is literally just a donation to her bank...
- She went on a tangent about only women are judged for asking for money but when male influencers have patreons no one cares? Completely irrelevant to my point and I said nothing to suggest this
- Patronised me by saying "if you want to start a blog and work for 4 years before making money please do!" (again a bit weird because I never said I wanted to) and I responded with "unfortunately I don't have the luxury of generational wealth to cushion me to work for that long with no income"

Anyway, it was the oddest exchange I've ever had with an influencer as she really committed a lot of time and energy into it, it ended with her saying we're going to have to "agree to disagree". Unfortunately she came across as v entitled and out of touch so she lost a long-term follower

EDIT: sorry if this is too off-topic on a grace thread, I just thought people would find it interesting!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
I think the commission rate being low and initially only payable after the girls have made £100 of sales is a huge deal given that most of the girls, at the stage they were recruited, had nowhere near enough followers to get the “swipe up” feature
This is one of the biggest things, grace new damn right most of them would never make a penny out of it and that suited her. It's disingenuous to suggest otherwise. It was simply a way to use people to boost her bottom line.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Grace seems to be such a scammy person, when she acts so high and mighty all the time.

Disgraceful

Reactions: 9
I have never posted because I never have anything useful to say lol, however after seeing Flora's "buy me a coffee" site I dm'd her about it as it felt wrong to me that she as a succesful person was asking for freebies? She responded immediatley and we had a back and forth about it for over 2 hours continously. I was shocked at how speedily she was responding, she would open my message as soon as I'd sent it even when I'd wait a while before replying and she'd start typing instantly even when I had only sent a part of my message and was still typing more (due to ig dm word limit). I have followed her for a while and dm'd her in the past and thought she was sweet, so maybe she responded so quickly because she recognised I was a fan which I once was. I'd include screenshots but there were 10+ from the convo and I didn't want to spam here as they were quite wordy, but her main points where:

- She doesn't make money from her blog so is asking for donations to support her, said she operated it at a loss and when I asked for clarification she admitted that her brand is not at a loss ANYMORE so a bit confusing
- I told her that her enagement from her blog/ig is what gets her the sponsorships that DO make her money, even if the blog itself is free...
- Said she was "offended" that I didn't see her free content as something I'd send her money for because it's free in the first place
- She implied she deserves money for her blog because "everyone should be paid for their work" (won't comment on the irony with shreddy...) even though she CHOOSES to put her blog out for free
- Compared her writing a blog and asking for money to philip green (a bit random) charging customers for clothes in topshop? which I said I did not understand as he is offering a product, whereas there is no product/perk for donating to her link it is literally just a donation to her bank...
- She went on a tangent about only women are judged for asking for money but when male influencers have patreons no one cares? Completely irrelevant to my point and I said nothing to suggest this
- Patronised me by saying "if you want to start a blog and work for 4 years before making money please do!" (again a bit weird because I never said I wanted to) and I responded with "unfortunately I don't have the luxury of generational wealth to cushion me to work for that long with no income"

Anyway, it was the oddest exchange I've ever had with an influencer as she really committed a lot of time and energy into it, it ended with her saying we're going to have to "agree to disagree". Unfortunately she came across as v entitled and out of touch so she lost a long-term follower

EDIT: sorry if this is too off-topic on a grace thread, I just thought people would find it interesting!
Don't worry about it, thanks for sharing! It's definitely relevant after what's happened in the last few days, it's definitely interesting that Flora and Grace seem to think that THEY should be compensated for their work but other people are doing it for the love of the brand?

• Heart
Reactions: 16

LOL the levels of delusion held by the ultra-rich are astounding.
It genuinely irks me when people like her talk about "money being tight" or "things being expensive" because it's incredibly disingenuous and highly insulting for those who actually struggle financially.

If she doesn't make money from her blog then maybe she should get a different job. Like any normal person who doesn't have a giant safety net to fall back on.
But no, she'd rather not because she knows that she can afford to laze about until she gets access to her trust fund, while the other passive investments set up in her name make money for her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 25

How interesting and very strange. I've followed flora for a while and used to really like her content but lately its been very meh. I feel like she realises its meh and doesn't know what to do about it. Seems like she's making very little from instagram even though she has 100k+ plus followers

Reactions: 4
LOL the levels of delusion held by the ultra-rich are astounding.
It genuinely irks me when people like her talk about "money being tight" or "things being expensive" because it's incredibly disingenuous and highly insulting for those who actually struggle financially.

If she doesn't make money from her blog then maybe she should get a different job. Like any normal person who doesn't have a giant safety net to fall back on.
But no, she'd rather not because she knows that she can afford to laze about until she gets access to her trust fund, while the other passive assets in her name make money for her.
This is so weird. Do people normally get paid for their own blog posts on their blog??? I just assumed you only get paid for blog posts published by other companies, or ads on your blog generate revenue.

Reactions: 2
This is so weird. Do people normally get paid for their own blog posts on their blog??? I just assumed you only get paid for blog posts published by other companies, or ads on your blog generate revenue.
Yeah I think she's referring to #sponcon

I assume they get paid for ads they run on their site and sponsorship deals, which was my point to her as she kept saying that her work is "free!" but as her followers support her by means of engagement that pay her bills by clicking on her ads and supporting her sponsors. That's why it didn't feel right to me that she was asking for more on top of that as if that wasn't enough because sponsors/affliate links is where most influencers gain most of their revenue

Reactions: 3
I think other fitness influencers don't know about this, would it be weird to DM them or something? I know it is, I just don't want this to end because she isnt talking about it??and don't know what to do...

Reactions: 6
I think other fitness influencers don't know about this, would it be weird to DM them or something? I know it is, I just don't want this to end because she isnt talking about it??and don't know what to do...
I wonder what to say to them ? And what will they do
Everyone knows how crazy her minions are and they wont wanna get involved in THAT

Reactions: 1
This has been fascinating to read, but honestly, what upsets me most is Grace's greenwashing. I haven't bought TALA because lol I'm 30 but if I had spent hard-earned salary on those products under the illusion they were better than going to cheaper stores like h&m, and THEN they break, and THEN discovered they were made in countries with disreputable Labour laws... Yeah, she can go eff herself. I sort of hope the Daily Fail catches wind of this. They already have reported on her before and those journos will write about any old rubbish. At least we have actual receipts. Their website lied about how products were manufactured.

Reactions: 20
I don't know why I bothered watching the latest stories, just grace wanting to talk to people in private to stop this airing of her dirty laundry. We can all see what she's up to 🤨

I'm finding her huuuuge Fendi ring quite distracting whilst trying to watch this apology lmao..:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 10
it also made me laugh when she said she wants to separate herself from her brands. she’s said it a million times but when has her behavior ever shown that?

Reactions: 8
Normally with blogging, you can attach affiliate links or you will do a sponsored blog post similar to on Instagram. So you can make money from it and be gifted experiences or items to write about but unless you pay for your own domain and post 2:3 times a week for months and really work on your engagement on your socials it can be a long time before you get and paid posts. People normally start it as a hobby though and not to make money

She really sat there in her Gucci headband and ugly, ostentatious Fendi ring and said: "manage your expectations :)"

The girl just makes my skin crawl at this point.
Started from the Uber scandal, unfollowed after Tala's mess, disgusted after Shreddy.

• Sick
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.