Grace Beverley #4 fecked it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Speaking of gaslighting, she's already gaslighting "people who blame people who back her up on social media" instead of beginning to talk about the content creators and their anger.

Her Fendi pimp ring is distracting me.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
She honestly needs to shutup until she’s able to take a level of responsibility for the part her and her brands have played in this. All she’s saying is it’s your fault and I’m an amazing person that never makes mistakes

Reactions: 16
so what i’m getting from her stories on shreddy is she just wished they hadn’t paid these people at all? she just wished she had gone the macro influencer route?

Reactions: 13
Wait....she just gaslighted....her followers' and content creators' emotional attachment to her....

• Sad
Reactions: 21
she also just brought up the fact that she’s terminated contracts as an influencer because she didn’t enjoy working with them. yes grace, and you PUBLICLY did that. you’re such a hypocrite!

Reactions: 16
Also as a lawyer I can very much confirm it’s not compulsory for a business to take legal action, it’s a decision. Say it with your chest grace, you wanted to intimidate vulnerable people into shutting up so you could get away with this.

also calling the term free labour a massive accusation when she’s used the exact same phrase

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
She's truly full of tit is all I got from those stories.

Couldn't get through to the end because the patronising tone and story was disgusting.

Spoken like a true aspiring billionaire. This is how the rich stay rich!!!

Also as a lawyer I can very much confirm it’s not compulsory for a business to take legal action, it’s a decision. Say it with your chest grace, you wanted to intimidate vulnerable people into shutting up so you could get away with this.

also calling the term free labour a massive accusation when she’s used the exact same phrase
Absolutely - "we had to use legal language" - no you didn't.

Corporate responsibility, my ass. Daddy definitely helped with this and it stinks!!

Reactions: 17
She keeps talking like these aren’t micro influencers clearly trying to grow their business and account. Like it was all some innocent scheme to help normal people. Wtf would someone just normally using shreddy want an affiliate link to get $1 off a friend using it???

Reactions: 14
whew why tf is this posted as a 1000 part insta story instead of a video?
It'll only be up for 24hours and is harder for people to comprehensively respond to because they can't share it.

Helps it to be brushed under the carpet and old news by new week, back to BAU.

True parasitical, unethical style.

I also can't see this making it to her actual instagram page. Can't taint the girlboss, ethical future billionaire (whose wealth and success is largely tied up in her family's old money but we don't talk about this) image

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Do you have a written source on this? I want to upload it to the gram

Reactions: 2
Wait I'm like actually dizzy right now from all this gas. A community based activity??? Emotional attachment to an influencer?? Difference between "I don't like this" and this was exploitation?? Wtaf is going on.

Did any content creator we saw actually merely say "we just don't like this"? Everyone was very clear on the exploitation, don't know about others who weren't as vocal and merely didn't like the scheme?

Can people who are in contact with content creators affected validate the claim that she got back to them and everything was clarified?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The gaslighting in that video! The whole story was very much, "Oh I'm so sorry that YOU feel this way," "I'm worry that YOU have misunderstood what the creator scheme was about,". No.

From how I interpret it, Grace didn't want to post workout videos anymore but people were begging her to do them. Therefore she decided to get creators to do the videos for her; she could post them on Shreddy so that Shreddy had an active Instagram page and she wouldn't need to post her own. Maybe it wasn't a "money making scheme" so to speak but Grace and Shreddy were benefitting A LOT from the work of these creators, not necessarily through direct financial income but almost certainly through PR and image. Therefore, these creators deserved fair payment in order to recognise their contribution!

Maybe the creators WERE doing this content anyway before the scheme started, but Shreddy were then making them film two videos per month. At some point, I am sure that for a lot of the creators the content they were making wasn't something they would be doing anyway, but was something they were doing to oblige their contract. Again, for that, they deserved fair payment.

I haven't seen the contracts but it seems like gifting was never expressly promised. However, allegedly, Shreddy were actively encouraging their creators to wear Tala and use B_ND in their videos (implying this would help them get on the page). You know what this reminds me of? An MLM: making people BUY products for promotional purposes with no reimbursement and no promise of payment. MLMs are universally accepted as being unethical and to me, this scheme seems no better. If they wanted the creators to wear Tala and B_ND in their videos - they should have gifted the products to them.

Also, her excuse for being silent was that she wanted people to be "honest" and raise their concerns in an open environment without outside influence. Oh OK, so a threat of legal action (which was in no way needed even if a legal statement needed to be released) isn't going to hinder that?

That whole story was not an apology - it was more manipulation trying to convince people that all of the complaints made against Shreddy were based on misunderstanding and was a sad attempt at trying to shift blame to the creators themselves. That is gaslighting and I hope Grace sees the light soon and just apologises.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
So unprofessional of her and all her companies to do it through stories instead of a post... Can stories be download somewhere?
And she is just blaming these girls and taking no responsibility. Shame on her.

Reactions: 10
Who wears a Fendi ring and shed loads of expensive gold jewellery to make a statement where one of their arguments is that it is a small business who can't afford to gift or pay more than 3%? Like.... eh????

She's truly full of tit is all I got from those stories.

Couldn't get through to the end because the patronising tone and story was disgusting.

Spoken like a true aspiring billionaire. This is how the rich stay rich!!!

Absolutely - "we had to use legal language" - no you didn't.

Corporate responsibility, my ass. Daddy definitely helped with this and it stinks!!
Exactly! "we had to use legal language". Bull. Did you have to threaten legal action? No way.That statement was completely unnecessary and that was just an awful excuse.

Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.