Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Long time lurker here, thoroughly enjoy reading these threads as I have experience working with people like Grez.

As someone who owns a athleisure/sportswear business myself, I can honestly say I’m baffled by how Grez is still on the forefront of TALA & Co. At no point could I engage with clients and customer base in a manner similar to hers and expect to get away with it - which is why I’m glad to see her getting called out on here. Genflow really should be questioning what exactly it is Grez brings to the brands and whether the positives outweigh the negatives. Given her lack of personal control ie her flippant remarks, comments and defensive rebuttals, I honestly don’t understand why Genflow haven’t pulled her aside yet. Imperative in business, regardless of sCaLe or which position you hold in the company. A CEO should expect to be called out as much as an new-start colleague but evidently Grez is riding the “it’s my company, I’ll say what I want cos I have 1mill followers” train (or should that be plane?). She also acknowledged the understanding that she would be called out more than most but yet fails to reply in a suitable manner?

It’s super disappointing to see her ‘minions’ as they’ve been dubbed on here still believing her web of lies and deceit as unfortunately money talks and they will continue to support Grez (not her brands per se, but Grez - their idol). There are so many other fantastic companies out there, offering better quality clothing, better benefits to employees and generally just a better customer experience. In what is already a tough market, Grez is trying to differentiate herself and her brands by making false claims and false promises and hoping the shit sticks.

Grez, if you see this, which I’m sure you will. Take some advice from the team around you. People don’t want blood (no matter how much you claim they do), they just want an apology and for you to do better, like you promised. Actions speak louder than words at this point and you’ve already said way too much.

ps, I’m living for the receipts, I can just imagine your camera rolls 😂 have a great Sunday everyone 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 40

aaliyahplz

VIP Member
I'm still confused as to how we're being sold the idea that someone who was born into wealth with millionaire parents, that went to a nursery that charged 10k a year, private school, Oxford etc. can tell anyone about hard work and productivity when nothing about her and her upbringing screams hard work she was born into wealth hence her success it is not achievable (nor is she relatable) to the average person and people that aren't followers/fans of her are obviously going to pick up on that

• Heart
Reactions: 38

shufty

I can barely tolerate reading that caption, let alone a book from her. She is such a rampant egomanic.

Including the 9 publishers that were interested is just such a faux "I'm soooooo shocked but actually look at me being so in demand and amazing" comment. I'm sure Lousie Pentland had 11 fighting for her dog shit debut novel. Sorry Grace, not an indicator of the quality of the proposal. More your following = sales.

Also, at the beginning of lockdown she starting thinking about "concepts she couldn't work out"? So you write a book about things you don't understand but think your "ramblings" will somehow transform/lead a whole generation... Okay.

She is fucking deluded.

Noahfence

IMAGINE being a year into a job and having the balls to bring out a book on how to do that job... i barely had time to take lunch a year into my first grad job let alone write some patronising book of waffle on writing to do lists...

forgot to screenshot but did anyone see the recent story of a to do list and at the bottom she'd written a reminder to enjoy her (second) holiday (OF THE MONTH?!) 😂 bless her, hope she gets it crossed off to keep that productivity up

cookiemunchmunch

Cant w her minions my days
My god learn how to write properly ffs. Constant commas. It's like, using commas, everywhere, makes him seem, more intimidating, or something, I don't get it. (I just gave myself a headache.) How can you expect to be taken seriously? (obviously not you but the Jim dude!!)

I will try and do a summary / TLDR but people feel free to expand on it if needed!! I am working and I get on here between tasks/breaks lol I can't help it I love this thread atm, yes I am petty as fuck especially with influencers (not CEOs because I don't respect her as one) like Grace. Especially after this week.
  • Asked her minions what they thought of her going on holiday during the pandemic, they weren't so happy about it so suddenly she is going to visit her mum in France
  • People could clearly see that Montana came with on holiday, at first Grace nor Montana showed each other on insta posts or stories but then once they started getting called out on it the excuses came along with them and they appeared in each others stories
  • "Montana is moving in" = so she needs to visit my mum as well in the south of France apparently
  • Grez' mum revealed to not only be a curator but also has a side hustle as a bouncer at night clubs
  • Grez preached on about taking the train to France but obviously flew back
  • Said she would only self quarantine if she tested positive once back, was immediately galavanting around London immediately after her holiday "but obviously want to be responsible"
  • Two or three Tala launches in July I honestly can't keep up any more
  • Throws a hissy fit on insta before breakfast and then argues with Jewish people on Twitter the entire day, only for calling her out on her debacle on insta stories in response to the Wiley antisemitic tweets. This is a shit show in itself
  • More useless self gratifying interviews and podcasts which only highlights her hypocrisy further
  • Her passion project: how to successfully abuse a Thesaurus in every sentence in order to sound smarter
  • Action packed agendas: meetings, samples with Tala and time blocks from 09:00 - 17:00
  • Scaling, scaling, SCALING! Won't shut up about what an amazing CEO she is and how difficult it is. Meetings meetings meetings!!!
  • Shreddy scandle, Grez staying silent all day only to speak up AFTER their team had compiled a statement (most likely after consulting with legal), responding to comments on instagram at midnight with long winded excuses and still not acknowledging the issues raised by the content creators (she is adamant that payments were made, not mentioning the fact that the amounts are poor at best amongst many other things). Basically calling them all liars. Comments are now subsequently deleted, including her responses (from what I saw)
Did I miss anything?!

PS. Buy Flora coffee apparently lol ffs

• Haha

babya123

It’s certainly crack that Grace and Flora smoke - requesting that us poor people who aren’t from old money should buy them coffee and sign up with their monzo links (Grace used to tweet her link several times a day apparently) all I’ve gotten from this saga is rich people are a bunch of freeloaders. Eat the rich!

• Haha
Reactions: 37

dfsdfsdfadfs

Does anybody else feel like her posts/content are just very "hollow" at the moment? I get that after the scandal with the micro influencers and the backlash from that, she had to keep it all off her main page, so she couldn't post much and when she did, it basically either had to be a photo of a lake or a appeal to donate money to keep everybody on side/neutral, but even months before that there just seems to be no "substance".

Someone like Grace, who wants to appear to be doing the right things, sustainability/veganism/feminism/BLM etc who has an insanely loyal and trusting following, it just feels like everything rings hollow and it's almost hard to get through. Every post or story is.. "Ah.. just had my 4th business idea before my morning espresso, before I sent my company teams their plan for the week, in between Harvard classes, while spinning", every story text is some variation of how hard she works/how well the businesses are doing/her passion project etc. It just feels like it's all for show and like she's always putting up a front. The whole imposter syndrome thing makes sense to me as it's basically what she puts forward the whole time and it just seems to come across like this.

I just think with her platform, she could genuinely be doing so much good. Like, literally walking people through the process of running the business with Genflow, being genuine with what she does, how much the companies help, how the whole system works. All the BS "weekly planners" with everything x'ed out/meetings on meetings on meetings. Like, instead of posting a weekly planner every week that shows nothing. Her followers would get 10000% more out of seeing part of one meeting, what it's like, what is said (within reason obviously), how its conducted etc Actually SHOW something. There is no value in saying "I'm Skyping a meeting, while in a meeting, while setting up another meeting with a company I'm meeting with soon".

Things like workouts too, I know she's trying to move away from the fitness angle (even though all her business are fitness related) but there's only a selfie at the end like "dead after this shreddy workout". No shots or videos of the actual workout. No little tips or advice about it. Just like another post like "I've worked out today".

Everything just seems like a front and there's nothing really behind it anymore. No genuine posts or stories. All secrecy and smoke and mirrors. It's like someone playing a character on a tv show, rather than being someone that people look up to, which I feel she could be if she was a little more self aware and "down to earth" with it all. Like, she lives an amazing lifestyle and has a hand in 3 successful businesses. If she approached things in a different way, I think she would be a lot happier with it all too.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
She really sat there in her Gucci headband and ugly, ostentatious Fendi ring and said: "manage your expectations :)"

The girl just makes my skin crawl at this point.
Started from the Uber scandal, unfollowed after Tala's mess, disgusted after Shreddy.

• Sick
Reactions: 36
Ah...the Lean In of our generation. In classic grace style, I read all the words in the press release and don't understand what the book even is.

Just money for the publisher and money for grace. Nice amount of clout to add to the #1 entrepreneur of the year. Something to physically hold and say she knows best because she wrote a book lol.

Btw, this TOTALLY explains why she went dark on twitter and insta posts after the micro influencer. Penguin would have been pissed if a bunch of people were posting negative comments on their announcement post.

For those of us who predicted this utter waste of paper, let's have a drink tonight to celebrate our own accomplishments that didn't come from a silver spoon.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

cookiemunchmunch

Grez: We barely broke even with this scheme
Also Grez: Immense weight of Fendi gold ring keeps hitting the table, distracting us from the other pieces of extravagant jewelry.
Also Grez: I apologize, BUT....

I found the entire thing hilarious, what a load of shite that was. Too bad there are people who believe her, sad

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

cookiemunchmunch

She’s handling this like online beef, not like a misunderstanding between employees and their managers. There are literally so many steps you can take before even mentioning legal action. The fact that the women felt the need to go to social media says a lot. To me this just shows how inexperienced she really is when it comes to managing people and a team.

Her gold name plaque on her desk must be blinding at the moment

Also, the constant “obviously we want to talk” “obviously that’s not how things work” “obviously I wouldn’t lie” just so condescending throughout. I wouldn’t want to work for someone like that; you can’t trust her.

• Heart

MIClovergirl

VIP Member
I swear grace is virtually unemployed, which CEO has time to take the whole day to read regardless of whether it’s business related or not. It’s an activity that you have to do on top of work. Most graduates in graduate schemes do professional exams/study whilst working a full time job and same when I did my LPC. Sis plays CEO after reading one copy of the economist and reading a book written by a white feminist on how to be a millionaire whilst crying online about how unhealthy it is that she never stops working (whilst in a hot tub)

• Heart
  • Haha
Having thought about it, I also think that if Grace were to speak out about the systemic inequality when it comes to education in this country, it would go against her whole “self made” image. To admit that working class students are at a significant disadvantage would be to admit that she herself has had a huge head start in life - I don’t think she’s willing to admit that.

HinchythetwattyGrinchy

Grace is so out of touch it’s unreal. It genuinely makes me cringe. The fact she doesn’t even check her privilege in terms of how she got to where she is BECAUSE of her rich parents and the fact she was fed with a golden spoon all her life is enough to put me off lmaooooo and no Grace - doing your photoshoots for TALA in council estates isn’t cool, it’s incredibly offensive and it’s not some trend you can just hop on whenever you feel like it. Now run along to mummy & daddy little girl, I’m sure they’ll wipe your tears away with your Grandads filthy tory money x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34

jellybear

I may be in the minority here but I really don’t think her parents had to give her money for the house deposit, as others have speculated. I’m sure they were involved in the process of her finding and closing on the house, and maybe involved legally, but it’s not far fetched to assume that she had 360,000 pounds to spend on that house. Think about how many streams of income she has had in the industry for five years. It’s been stated in the thread before that her gym shark sponsorship could’ve been in the six figures. Even if it was “only” five figures, she also had sponsorships from bulk powders and life sum. What if each of those were in the five figure range? Not to mention, the girl probably barely dished out money for groceries considering that she was constantly sent ready meals, protein bars, yogurts, etc while in uni. Plus she is constantly being gifted jewelry, press on nails, makeup, face wash, clothes, athletic wear... you have to wonder what she actually had to buy herself. Think about how many fans probably clicked on her affiliate links, which give her a cut of any purchases they made. Think about how YouTube probably sent her a few hundred for each video based on the amount of views they got. And her fancy internship that covered a good chunk of her uni costs. And then, she also launched bnd and tala while in uni!!!! She has mentioned they both have had millions in sales, so it’s safe to say she likely has made a few hundred thousands off that. Oh, and I just remembered her original gracefituk guides that had little to no overhead cost and were basically pure profit.

I am by no means defending her. I just think assuming her parents are supporting her financially detracts from the fact that she has made hundreds of thousands of pounds from questionable practices that require young girls who idolize her to dish out their hard earned money to feed her lifestyle in the name of ethics and eco friendly consumerism. I definitely recognize that her privileged background has helped her get here, but at this point, it’s clear Grace has in fact made a TON of money from greenwashing and duping people who have little fitness experience.

Reactions: 34
The gaslighting in that video! The whole story was very much, "Oh I'm so sorry that YOU feel this way," "I'm worry that YOU have misunderstood what the creator scheme was about,". No.

From how I interpret it, Grace didn't want to post workout videos anymore but people were begging her to do them. Therefore she decided to get creators to do the videos for her; she could post them on Shreddy so that Shreddy had an active Instagram page and she wouldn't need to post her own. Maybe it wasn't a "money making scheme" so to speak but Grace and Shreddy were benefitting A LOT from the work of these creators, not necessarily through direct financial income but almost certainly through PR and image. Therefore, these creators deserved fair payment in order to recognise their contribution!

Maybe the creators WERE doing this content anyway before the scheme started, but Shreddy were then making them film two videos per month. At some point, I am sure that for a lot of the creators the content they were making wasn't something they would be doing anyway, but was something they were doing to oblige their contract. Again, for that, they deserved fair payment.

I haven't seen the contracts but it seems like gifting was never expressly promised. However, allegedly, Shreddy were actively encouraging their creators to wear Tala and use B_ND in their videos (implying this would help them get on the page). You know what this reminds me of? An MLM: making people BUY products for promotional purposes with no reimbursement and no promise of payment. MLMs are universally accepted as being unethical and to me, this scheme seems no better. If they wanted the creators to wear Tala and B_ND in their videos - they should have gifted the products to them.

Also, her excuse for being silent was that she wanted people to be "honest" and raise their concerns in an open environment without outside influence. Oh OK, so a threat of legal action (which was in no way needed even if a legal statement needed to be released) isn't going to hinder that?

That whole story was not an apology - it was more manipulation trying to convince people that all of the complaints made against Shreddy were based on misunderstanding and was a sad attempt at trying to shift blame to the creators themselves. That is gaslighting and I hope Grace sees the light soon and just apologises.

• Heart
Reactions: 33