Grace Beverley #4 fecked it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Guys I actually want to scream. All the posts here in the last day are so on the nose. OF COURSE it’s a book. Another influencer with a massive book deal is just infuriating when there are so many genuinely talented authors out there fighting to get heard.

The worst part is that you know she is just doing it to get onto more bullsh1t Forbes lists and add it to her Instagram bio. She doesn’t care about writing a good book, that gets good reviews and genuinely helps people. She knows her minions will buy it in their droves and that’s all that matters

She is a fraud. Focus on fixing the MANY issues in your businesses. Get your crap together, make them a success and then write a book in 10 years when you have actually done something to write about.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
People in the comments on her post "omg Well done, getting a book deal is hard" how stupid can you be, yeah it's hard for a normal person, do these people not get that influencer tit sells and that's the reason she got a deal 🙄 honestly

Reactions: 19
Not to be a witch but like, I wish the asteroid that merely missed earth had plopped down on top of her and her mansion. Sick to the bloody back teeth of her now.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
At this point I think Caroline Calloway is more relatable and down to earth 😂 at least she’s self-aware

Reactions: 9
Seriously, Grace is either a deluded idiot convinced of her own greatness, or a cunning capitalist with no morals. Or both.

In either case her fans are swallowing it so easy, feeding this rich capitalists bullshit. But bet they'd be the first to critise capitalism and consumerist culture

Reactions: 7
“redefining productivity in a modern world” wtf is she even going to say? what is she even qualified to say???

get a company to start businesses for you then go on months long holidays and write a book because you don’t actually have to be productive when you were born on third base (thx to previous post love that wording)?

Reactions: 16

Sam Missingham is a fairly big name in the publishing industry (at the very least, her opinions are well informed from years working in publishing at a high level). Her tweets about this 9 way auction reinforce the points you've all raised but from the internal publishing perspective, and I'll bet she didn't know much about Grace before Penguin bought her book. She calls this an example of the worst parts of he publishing industry

My favourite comment of hers is: "the thing that irritates me most about privileged people is that all of the doors in front of them are open and they don't even know those doors exist. They think they've been successful purely based on hard work"

Interestingly the replies to her tweets also largely agree (outside of the echo chamber of minions, it's a lot harder to paint yourself as a self-made boss babe CEO and get away with it)

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I’ll happily go through the effort of going into water stones and taking photos of every page so we don’t have to give her a penny

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
She's telling people to not buy it on Amazon in between bragging at how high it is on the amazon chart :LOL:

Let's see how this one plays out, Zoella's book was the kiss of death. And I'm sure like that release tattlers will be able to share the best bits without giving a penny :sneaky:

I was going to say the well known quote that sums up Grace, but it's already been said. Oh nevermind I'll say it again:

"Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." -Barry Switzer

Reactions: 27
Can we start a group fund to just buy one copy and share it amongst ourselves on here?!🤣
I want anyone in the UK here to go to Waterstones and like send us a pic of a page or post it on one of the instagrams that call her out lmaoooo but don’t know it that’s legal probs not lollool

Reactions: 5
I’ll happily go through the effort of going into water stones and taking photos of every page so we don’t have to give her a penny
Gurlllll yesssss

Sam Missingham is a fairly big name in the publishing industry (at the very least, her opinions are well informed from years working in publishing at a high level). Her tweets about this 9 way auction reinforce the points you've all raised but from the internal publishing perspective, and I'll bet she didn't know much about Grace before Penguin bought her book. She calls this an example of the worst parts of he publishing industry

My favourite comment of hers is: "the thing that irritates me most about privileged people is that all of the doors in front of them are open and they don't even know those doors exist. They think they've been successful purely based on hard work"

Interestingly the replies to her tweets also largely agree (outside of the echo chamber of minions, it's a lot harder to paint yourself as a self-made boss babe CEO and get away with it)
Thanks for sharing this, you guys should see it. Actual adults with ticks next to their names are calling her out I love it.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I can barely tolerate reading that caption, let alone a book from her. She is such a rampant egomanic.

Including the 9 publishers that were interested is just such a faux "I'm soooooo shocked but actually look at me being so in demand and amazing" comment. I'm sure Lousie Pentland had 11 fighting for her dog tit debut novel. Sorry Grace, not an indicator of the quality of the proposal. More your following = sales.

Also, at the beginning of lockdown she starting thinking about "concepts she couldn't work out"? So you write a book about things you don't understand but think your "ramblings" will somehow transform/lead a whole generation... Okay.

She is bleeping deluded.
Her use of “we” redoing a chapter sounds like she has, at most50% contribution imo. Taken over her life yet multiple launches, holidays, hot tubs... I’m sure it has

Reactions: 1
Seriously, Grace is either a deluded idiot convinced of her own greatness, or a cunning capitalist with no morals. Or both.

In either case her fans are swallowing it so easy, feeding this rich capitalists bullshit. But bet they'd be the first to critise capitalism and consumerist culture
I’d say both, probably I’ve said this before but she has the typical arrogance of someone from a prestigious private school, it’s the same attitude you see in I.e. basis johnson/ most of the Tory cabinet

Reactions: 8
I’d say both, probably I’ve said this before but she has the typical arrogance of someone from a prestigious private school, it’s the same attitude you see in I.e. basis johnson/ most of the Tory cabinet
Arrogance and condescending tone "you can also be rich if you work as hard as me" type of thing 🙄

Reactions: 5
Seeing on amazon it won't be released until April next year? Wtf haha
It's not out until next year because she hasn't actually written it...yet another symbol of privilege, as for 99% of first time authors to be published, they need to write a book, get an agent, re-write the book, and THEN pitch to publishers who MIGHT offer a small advance for it. She'll have been offered a 6 or 7 figure advance just for a proposal: a book she hasn't even written yet

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.