Grace Beverley #4 fecked it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She hasn’t even bothered to check all the screenshots and testimonies from these women but still has a lot to say about this situation because poor thing can’t document her progress online oh poor you!!!!

I also find it hilarious how she picks on the fact that this can’t be unethical because eating animals is; right okay so when Grezzer wears leather and wears fast fashion AND consumes animal flesh it’s not unethical because the excuse is that it’s second hand or that it’s from a company run by a woman (no excuse for the non vegan food tho) So yeah someone with flaky so called morals that clearly are contingent on what someone else aka Grace spews out, rather than forming opinions of their own; I’m not really going to take their opinion seriously, soz
Yeah she clearly has not watched anything or educated herself on anything if she thinks that everyone is "complaining because Shreddy is not for them anymore" or whatever.

Also she's just a 17 year old child so sorry but not sorry even less of a chance of me listening to her ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

when did Grace eat animals? do you mean after she was vegan?
Yeah she posted recently before her french trip how she was eating honey truffle and ppl went mad. And then during the french trip, I think people said she had ordered some clam dish or seafood or something (but idk I guess maybe Monmon could've ordered it :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: )

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
Long time lurker here. I’m a few years older than grace so started watching her uni vlogs after I’d graduated myself and thought she was a genuinely great role model for young girls.

Watching her Shreddy ramble the other night really hit home just how out of her depth and inexperienced she is at the whole ceo game. But then, why wouldn’t she be, she’s 23 and less than a year out of uni! She has no experience working an actual job and now claims to be an industry disrupting ceo. When other ceos work two hour days or attend endless meetings, it’s because they’ve been in the game for 40 years and can do the job with their eyes closed.

Grace has built a hugely successful brand off the back of being a hustling uni student with a great bum (nothing wrong with that) and is totally right to capitalise off that by building a business, but to pretend she can distance herself from the influencer world and hop seemlessly into managing multiple multi million pound businesses with all the glory that comes with it is deluded. Her success is her brand and her brand is her, but once her fan base graduate and get real jobs they’ll realise how unrealistic grace’s portayal of “work” is. She vents on Twitter about how draining it is when people think they have a right to know about her personal life/views etc but doesn’t seem to understand that that is literally what she built her following on and what has earned her her money? (Bar the trust fund obv)

She’s neglecting her best asset by claiming to be too good to be an influencer (giving up YT because she can’t deal with the comments) and clearly struggling to create businesses that are capable of standing up by themselves without the backing of her brand. For someone so intelligent and well educated she’s not quite grasped her own marketing strategy. I think she made a big mistake turning down business school.

Reactions: 41
Long time lurker here. I’m a few years older than grace so started watching her uni vlogs after I’d graduated myself and thought she was a genuinely great role model for young girls.

Watching her Shreddy ramble the other night really hit home just how out of her depth and inexperienced she is at the whole ceo game. But then, why wouldn’t she be, she’s 23 and less than a year out of uni! She has no experience working an actual job and now claims to be an industry disrupting ceo. When other ceos work two hour days or attend endless meetings, it’s because they’ve been in the game for 40 years and can do the job with their eyes closed.

Grace has built a hugely successful brand off the back of being a hustling uni student with a great bum (nothing wrong with that) and is totally right to capitalise off that by building a business, but to pretend she can distance herself from the influencer world and hop seemlessly into managing multiple multi million pound businesses with all the glory that comes with it is deluded. Her success is her brand and her brand is her, but once her fan base graduate and get real jobs they’ll realise how unrealistic grace’s portayal of “work” is. She vents on Twitter about how draining it is when people think they have a right to know about her personal life/views etc but doesn’t seem to understand that that is literally what she built her following on and what has earned her her money? (Bar the trust fund obv)

She’s neglecting her best asset by claiming to be too good to be an influencer (giving up YT because she can’t deal with the comments) and clearly struggling to create businesses that are capable of standing up by themselves without the backing of her brand. For someone so intelligent and well educated she’s not quite grasped her own marketing strategy. I think she made a big mistake turning down business school.
But she paid £1k to get into harvard 6 week online business school after her music degree? Is that not good enough for you???

• Haha
Reactions: 25
As a 23 year old, I get it. She truly hasn’t grown up yet. I’m just about to start my own business and the amount of work that actually goes into it is ridiculous. So much planning. I don’t have a company to slap my name onto it. She clearly pushed responsibility onto that company and probs sold too many of the rights over. You best believe genflow pushed for 5 launches and restocks in a month.

grace is contracted to be involved and lovedhaving the ceo tag but there’s no way she’s truly in charge here. Genflow is

Reactions: 19
As a 23 year old, I get it. She truly hasn’t grown up yet. I’m just about to start my own business and the amount of work that actually goes into it is ridiculous. So much planning. I don’t have a company to slap my name onto it. She clearly pushed responsibility onto that company and probs sold too many of the rights over. You best believe genflow pushed for 5 launches and restocks in a month.

grace is contracted to be involved and lovedhaving the ceo tag but there’s no way she’s truly in charge here. Genflow is
This is exactly my issue with her. There’s no reason that young people can’t run successful businesses themselves, but you have to have actually have put the graft in yourself (and therefore gain experience) in order to be in a position where you can preach to others the virtues of being a boss babe. Her situation is very unique so whatever pearls of wisdom she’s sharing in her day in the life of a CEO interviews are of no relevance or interest to anyone in the real world, and aren’t going to earn her credibility with anyone except young girls who haven’t entered the real world yet. But judging from her twitter page she’s clearly too far up her own arse to understand that and actually take on feedback which would enable her to grow into what she’s trying to pretend to be.

Reactions: 15
This is exactly my issue with her. There’s no reason that young people can’t run successful businesses themselves, but you have to have actually have put the graft in yourself (and therefore gain experience) in order to be in a position where you can preach to others the virtues of being a boss babe. Her situation is very unique so whatever pearls of wisdom she’s sharing in her day in the life of a CEO interviews are of no relevance or interest to anyone in the real world, and aren’t going to earn her credibility with anyone except young girls who haven’t entered the real world yet. But judging from her twitter page she’s clearly too far up her own arse to understand that and actually take on feedback which would enable her to grow into what she’s trying to pretend to be.
Exactly. Imagine looking up to this successful CEO only to realise it’s all lies and she’s just stuck her name on something just like every other influencer out there. The respect is gone. I can’t go back. I love the Tala concept and style but regret buying for so much money when I know it’s not as good quality as it was promoted as

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Very well said!

Reactions: 3
I know everyone has different opinions on this but it really doesn't sit right with me that Shreddy encourages before and after pictures. I thought we'd moved away from it, or at least all of the fitness influencers I follow have
Ive been thinking this as well, it definitely seems like a 'weight loss' app rather than 'fitness' , this is problematic to me as Shreddy is hugely, if not solely, targeting women. Please anyone correct me if im wrong but ive never seen anyone but young women being featured or reposted on their feed. If shreddy was purely fitness, wouldn't it attract a more diverse crowd?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Ive been thinking this as well, it definitely seems like a 'weight loss' app rather than 'fitness' , this is problematic to me as Shreddy is hugely, if not solely, targeting women. Please anyone correct me if im wrong but ive never seen anyone but young women being featured or reposted on their feed. If shreddy was purely fitness, wouldn't it attract a more diverse crowd?
Actually, it's even in the name. "Shreddy" has the inherent implication of the idea of the "shredding" that Grace used to make her summer content on both YouTube and Instagram. She even had one of her B_ND guides named "Get Shreddy" that literally starts by laying out the fact that it's a weight loss guide. I'd probably also bet that the nutrition plans on the app are pretty low calorie, but I've never seen them.

Screenshot 2020-08-02 at 00.14.49.png

• Heart
Reactions: 13

I think there's actually a lot more respect in being able to admit your limitations - if Grace could also just openly admit oh yeah I'm young, I still have a lot to learn, a lot of people have helped me, "I'm sorry this all happened, I would like to fix it and I will do my best to " (in context of the Shreddy issue) then she wouldn't lose so much respect from many fans. And I think while she has said "she's grateful for all the love and support", she likes to constantly talk about "disrupting the industry" and she really centers everything she's done as gigantic huge achievements she's done on her own (with her staff). You already know she's truly lost the plot with her followers and forgotten who they are when she is waving a giant fendi ring around on the screen while threatening to sue younger girls. Also, she thinks she knows enough to give lectures, talks, and a whole Ted-Talk on business. I think she has been really successful, but like someone said, her situation is really unique and not applicable in the real world. But again, there is nothing wrong in admitting that. But there's everything wrong in not admitting that and pretending it's something else. I've noticed a lot of us on this forum are older than her and have been working longer than her, which is why we see through it all. We aren't like random dumb haters lol.

Reactions: 24
Actually, it's even in the name. "Shreddy" has the inherent implication of the idea of the "shredding" that Grace used to make her summer content on both YouTube and Instagram. She even had one of her B_ND guides named "Get Shreddy" that literally starts by laying out the fact that it's a weight loss guide. I'd probably also bet that the nutrition plans on the app are pretty low calorie, but I've never seen them.

View attachment 199279
I have screenshots of all of them before i deleted the app and you are absolutely righ

Reactions: 2

View attachment 199279
You’re absolutely right! I still have the guides on my laptop from about a year and a half ago. The meals, if you can even call them that, were horrific. It was mainly just soups!

Reactions: 6
So basically the guides/app are a starvation diet and a lot of cardio/hiit...
As someone who went through an eating disorder in my late teens, it definitely made it hard for me not to relapse again - luckily I got help for my eating disorder and now have a better understanding of food and fitness. I think it’s disgusting that she’s basically starving her fans. The sooner they all realise the body she has is down to genetics and not fitness / dieting, the better.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Amy Victoria did a great YouTube review of Shreddy. I don't have the app but she mentioned one of the names of the workouts was 'From Flab to Fab' which is questionable to say the least.

On the calorie front, she said she selected the gaining muscle option and it put her on 1900 calories a day which sounds a bit ridiculous. And then out of interest she selected the fat loss option which calculated her intake to be... 1900 calories per day. So the plan to gain muscle and the plan to lose fat were pretty much the same.

I also remember the BBG guides used to (maybe still do?) get you to take before and after pictures and they specifically mention that when posing you have to stand with your feet together and I remember there being conversation about how damaging it is because the purpose is obviously highlighting a thigh gap or lack of. Grace began her whole journey by posting about her BBG experience so I'm surprised Shreddy have gone down a similar route. I know encouraging photos instead of encouraging monitoring the number on the scale is less harmful but it's just not necessary to encourage people to post them online.

Reactions: 9
Amy Victoria did a great YouTube review of Shreddy. I don't have the app but she mentioned one of the names of the workouts was 'From Flab to Fab' which is questionable to say the least.

On the calorie front, she said she selected the gaining muscle option and it put her on 1900 calories a day which sounds a bit ridiculous. And then out of interest she selected the fat loss option which calculated her intake to be... 1900 calories per day. So the plan to gain muscle and the plan to lose fat were pretty much the same.
I might have a look again at the B_ND nutrition guides, but I think if I remember rightly the fat loss one was super low calorie- averaging out to around 1200-1300?

• Wow
Reactions: 3
bit of a detour but I just saw grace liking these two tweets one after the other today & couldn’t help but laugh at the hypocrisy
4B6BA403-9396-4836-B004-4A474658BA63.jpeg

B9312A53-9F05-4D26-B455-923E1EE291F3.jpeg

92B15D22-06A5-4711-8AC5-2E2034109296.jpeg
Soo..it’s ok to sell mass-produced, low quality clothes to pay the bills, of course because she’s so hard done by, not like her millionaire family couldn’t help her out, and then at the same time is so anti-capitalism. Just reeks of the privileged girl who acts woke and plays into identity politics & liberalism because it makes her relatable, when in reality if we did start redistributing wealth she’s the first person we’d come looking for and doesn’t know anything about what it’s like to not be able to pay the bills!

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
Syd and Ell’s new YouTube video is an AD for Shreddy 😬

• Angry
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.