Grace Beverley #4 fecked it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Haha that's awesome, lots of them calling her out. Damn right.
Actually surprised they knew that much about her. Is Grace really that big in the UK? But also others being like "who the hell is this" :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

It's not out until next year because she hasn't actually written it...yet another symbol of privilege, as for 99% of first time authors to be published, they need to write a book, get an agent, re-write the book, and THEN pitch to publishers who MIGHT offer a small advance for it. She'll have been offered a 6 or 7 figure advance just for a proposal: a book she hasn't even written yet
YESSSSS I was so shocked when she said she didn't even send a manuscript yet. 99% of the world has def had to send manuscripts before they got published???

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Her use of “we” redoing a chapter sounds like she has, at most50% contribution imo. Taken over her life yet multiple launches, holidays, hot tubs... I’m sure it has
Also I thought the same exact thing. It was weird to see her say we. But as we all know, there's nothing she does by herself without a shitload of help.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
the replies to that thread got me 💀💀💀

at least we’re not alone

edit: this tweet 😂
Surprised she hasn’t mentioned the book on Twitter but I guess Twitter is easier for people to call her out on because she can’t delete other people’s tweets

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It's so disheartening to see Grace get handed this. I barely dare to DREAM of having a book published one day. There are so many writers out there with ridiculous talent who get turned away every day, and then there's a 9-way war for this...
As for the content, the earlier poster who said "Lean In of our generation" hits the nail on the head. She's the millenial Sheryl Sandberg, except she got where she is based almost entirely on her appearance.
I don't like to be bitter, and I used to be a fan of Grace, but this is a slap in the face to people who believed in her integrity once upon a time (that includes me).

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Hopefully round 2 will go better than the first time. I really, really, really hope that they have more items available and that they offer more reasonable discounts for badly stained garments.

Screenshot 2020-08-18 at 17.54.21.png

IMAGINE being a year into a job and having the balls to bring out a book on how to do that job... i barely had time to take lunch a year into my first grad job let alone write some patronising book of waffle on writing to do lists...

forgot to screenshot but did anyone see the recent story of a to do list and at the bottom she'd written a reminder to enjoy her (second) holiday (OF THE MONTH?!) 😂 bless her, hope she gets it crossed off to keep that productivity up

Reactions: 38
CEO boss babe of 3 companies writing a book doesn’t have time to breathe is getting a facial at 5pm on a Tuesday - maybe I should read that book On how to live a glorified unemployment via privilege

Reactions: 22
IMAGINE being a year into a job and having the balls to bring out a book on how to do that job... i barely had time to take lunch a year into my first grad job let alone write some patronising book of waffle on writing to do lists...

forgot to screenshot but did anyone see the recent story of a to do list and at the bottom she'd written a reminder to enjoy her (second) holiday (OF THE MONTH?!) 😂 bless her, hope she gets it crossed off to keep that productivity up
second holiday in 3 weeks still in the middle of a global pandemic. been chilling with all her mates with no social distancing or masks.
her book should be called “how to spread a virus around the world”

Attachments

Reactions: 16
Lmao I am literally having a conversation with Sam Missingham and someone else on the thread rn explaining to them about Genflow bc they are confused how Grace says she has had no "external investors". :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Thank god there are adults in the world out here who don't buy everything she says this is such a fresh breath of air. And Sam said to me that she had no idea companies like that existed but she's not surprised they do.

How these actual experienced professionals have responded to Grace is definitely a red flag to her tit and just shows that those of us here aren't just mindless haters.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
She's really done a THOROUGH clean up of her twitter, she's deleted so many tweets. Clearly, she realises that her super opinionated, entitled self won't sit well with the many people that will find her through her new book. It's funny because it's only her supporters that think her crazy tweets are her being a 'boss witch' whereas the general public would think she just sounds out of touch and egotistical.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.