Grace Beverley #4 fecked it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can barely tolerate reading that caption, let alone a book from her. She is such a rampant egomanic.

Including the 9 publishers that were interested is just such a faux "I'm soooooo shocked but actually look at me being so in demand and amazing" comment. I'm sure Lousie Pentland had 11 fighting for her dog tit debut novel. Sorry Grace, not an indicator of the quality of the proposal. More your following = sales.

Also, at the beginning of lockdown she starting thinking about "concepts she couldn't work out"? So you write a book about things you don't understand but think your "ramblings" will somehow transform/lead a whole generation... Okay.

She is bleeping deluded.
I share your disgust 100%. It is so gross how egotistical she is. At this point it’s at a level I cannot describe or fathom. So many business people out there whose words have so much more value due to real life experience but they’re working so hard they can’t even put their head up to figure out “passion projects”.

I recently got published in a book, but it was just a chapter and I wrote a case study on fake news - completely different, and in a deeply political analysis kind of field. But it was really hard and had to go through multiple rounds of editing, not to mention the initial proposal. In our (academic) field, it’s important to produce publications but it is a lot of hard work to even get someone to agree to publish it for you esp when you’re young and just starting out. When she shows off about 9 publishers “fighting for her” it’s like no hon it’s not because you could provide any useful quality content, it’s bc you would make money from thousands of idiot followers.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
She’s already posted snippets of her book on her stories and remember what a load of waffle they were. Imagine dealing with like 250 pages of that 🙄 a lot of words to say nothing

shegenuinely can’t see that ANY company would commission her toproduce and sell ANYTHING regardless of quality. When you’ve got that many sheep at your feet, they know there will be money.

everything in her life has been 100% risk free. She really is in no position to gift out life advice

Reactions: 12
The fact she’s writing a book to me doesn’t show she’s successful, it shows the opposite. Like someone above said every gleam girl gets a book deal, but the fact she clearly can’t deal with her existing businesses and yet still takes time to write a book rather than fix issues shows how she shouldn’t be giving business advice.

she’s also banged on a lot about her unhealthy relationship with work, so how is she gonna tell people how to be productive? Work all night then outsource when you’re rich like me?

Reactions: 19
What sort of boss babe spends business hours writing a book when her business has fundamental issues that need fixing? Surely you write the book in your own time like everyone else?

Reactions: 27
What sort of boss babe spends business hours writing a book when her business has fundamental issues that need fixing? Surely you write the book in your own time like everyone else?
Just proof that gleam/ genflow run reigns on everything
They don’t mind her taking time out to write the book because they’ve obviously got a a hand in the profits. And the fact they keep sending her on these little “passion projects” like Harvard, this book and even all the fancy lunches they book her in for- clearly is not needdd for the actual running of the business

Reactions: 10
CHILE

Another holiday?! The pandemic just isn’t a thing to boss babes
She’s honestly a joke. I can’t stand all her bragging posts about how much she ‘works’ and how ‘smart’ she ‘works’.
Most normal people just get on with their days and don’t feel the need to show off and constantly scream and shout about how great of a businesswoman they are.

Reactions: 20
This was totally expected, yet I want to scream? Projectile vomit.... whatever. I just find this entire spectacle hilarious and sad. A bleeping book my god. I guess anything with enough words and pages put together can technically be called a book. If her book is 75.000 pages, according to Google it can be between 150 - 300 pages depending on the spacing. So yeah it is a relatively short book, and I think that is the first sign that she does not really actually say anything. If her teasing screenshots on insta of her "deep thoughts" are an indicator of anything it will literally just be a load of drivel, a ramblings of a person that lives up in her own fantasy world. Incoherent nonsense. I also want to read it because it would be a quick read; but then again I don't want to spend any money on it at all so I might just be depending on honest reviews, or if someone manages to snag a copy and upload it, then I will read it to see what she has actually written.

I don't think she is using a ghost writer since she is trying to shove down our throats how much SHE is writing, and given her screenshots from insta, yeah she definitely wrote that confusing pile of writing. This morning she is going to a café to continue writing so yeah I think guys we know what her time block is all day! Sitting at a café and typing away more nonsensical "advice". How else can she have time to do this???????????? This is just a joke?????

I find it hilarious that all her companies are facing issues and have the same issues for at least a year, yet she is typing away happily at her laptop with her passion project. I love the delusion.

I love how she happens to start wearing a mask after being called out for the hundredth time here, and I agree it was a disgusting mask and looked really dirty. I have a feeling it's literally the same mask from France that was left in the bottom of her purse. But who has time for that when you are a productive mega amazing boss babe - and AUTHOR!!

Screenshot 2020-08-18 at 09.56.51.png

Also Grace just stay home and write? PLEASE? Why MUST you go out to write every day? Last week you were out almost every day and in the weekend you went out every night? Then Monday morning back to the office in the most cramped space I have ever seen, too many people, no PPE or distancing. Not even a bleeping Purell to be seen anywhere. Yet you want to give me advice, on things you literally said in your caption, you could not grasp. Having taken a look at your calendar, it still seems like you don't understand what a productive day realistically looks like.

PS. Don't forget the thesaurus, Grace. "Unknotting the argument" Who the duck says that? That isn't proper English? And YOU get to publish a book that she is already bragging is #7 on Amazon's book list for Business Advice GIRL.... CHILL. Get the duck off your high horse. You're like in 175th place. From presales. Nobody knows if it's any good yet.

PPS. A) She seems like the most annoying person to work for. Tries too hard to be "funny" and "quirky" and "cool" for a boss. It's like the "I'm not a regular mom I'm a cool mom" from Mean Girls. Or even David Brent in terms of the trying so hard to be relatable and funny boss ffs, it's that cringey to me. B) If I were her employee I would not want our business chats to be uploaded to my boss' insta stories because she thinks she is "so much fun". But yeah you're so fun Grace....... I am actually laughing at you.

Screenshot 2020-08-18 at 10.13.23.png

• Sick
Reactions: 31
Not gonna lie. Really want to read the book to see how bad it is but don't wanna give her my money
You can buy on kindle then return through amazon after youve read it 😉

Fyi - ive only done this once when I've hated a book, dont make a habit of it as its not fair on real authors 😅

Reactions: 16
She’s honestly a joke. I can’t stand all her bragging posts about how much she ‘works’ and how ‘smart’ she ‘works’.
Most normal people just get on with their days and don’t feel the need to show off and constantly scream and shout about how great of a businesswoman they are.
Yeah and most people have normal jobs where they actually have to do things, potentially kids and other commitments, some of these people actually even exercise consistently unlike her, and also can't afford the luxury of eating out or ordering food constantly so have to cook an do grocery shopping. I'm sure she has a cleaner for her big house too. So what productivity can she talk about? Doing essays at uni? Please, people do that WHILE working. And without going on 10 holidays a year. Try to be productive and a boss babe when your whole year is just work and trying to save money 🙄 she's genuinely a child, but that's find because it's also children who will be buying her book or those people who love being in a "manifesting" bubble, hoping the world will fall at their feet cause they read a self help book.
Grace is really a definition of what is wrong with the capitalist world lol

Reactions: 8
PS. Don't forget the thesaurus, Grace. "Unknotting the argument" Who the duck says that? That isn't proper English? And YOU get to publish a book that she is already bragging is #7 on Amazon's book list for Business Advice GIRL.... CHILL. Get the duck off your high horse. You're like in 175th place. From presales. Nobody knows if it's any good yet.
As someone who does academic writing, I have no idea what on earth her "argument" would be in a self help book

Reactions: 9
Grace's plan for the book:

1. Taking on too much is so bad for you. That's why I run three businesses as a business CEO and left them to burn whilst I was writing this book! I also launched a line of products and started renovations for my house and then went on a two-month holiday, leaving my team to it. PRODUCTIVITY, baby 🤩
  2. There really is absolutely no need to acknowledge your beginnings or where you came from. You don't owe anybody ANYTHING - certainly not an explanation (*ooh, this shall be its own point shortly). I built an empire from sharing how I succeeded in meeting conventional beauty standards and effectively disguised this as a pursuit of health and fitness. Babes LAPPED this up. I also went to a private music academy and a private girls' school whose fees were £8,629 per term, excluding music lessons, which I definitely also had. I then went to Oxford to do music. And then Genflow helped me create two businesses. But the third I made on my own! But the long and short of this is that a) I built an empire b) I went to Oxford and c) I'm a CEO. Nobody needs to know the rest because those three points are objectively impressive. I'll build a career off celebrating those three things in isolation (not covid isolation though, life's too short x) (maybe not for me anyway heehee i'm so fun)
  3. Be conventionally attractive! People that criticise you are crusty uglies anyway heehee, thank you to my babes that trawled the profile of someone who criticised me in the comments of one of my posts and made fun of their feet x x
  4. You don't owe anybody an explanation. I just think it's so toxic when people ask you to justify decisions you've made. People got soooo mad at me when I sold them BCAAs after deleting the videos I made a few years ago discussing how they are useless, and when it turned out the business I centred as being based in Portugal actually manufactured things in China, they were so bitter. I changed the website and beyond that I don't think it needs to be addressed. People that get annoyed when you change and grow are toxic and are not truly there for your growth.
  5. You have to make sacrifices, but you can be clever about this. For instance, I sacrificed content creators' pay checks and replaced them with exposure (many of them worked on content for 45 hours for me, which is fantastic community involvement, but really a misunderstanding if they expected payment for the amount of time they worked) to finance my Fendi earrings, £1.8million house, renovations, and two months travelling.
  6. Imposter syndrome is awful. I have a whole story tag on my profile dedicated to biz nuggets and accept invitations to speak at prestigious institutions like Cambridge University, but because I have imposter syndrome, this never comes over as unfounded or overly egotistical. 🗝
  7. Related to 1.: you must take time for yourself, ladies. In my working day, I like to factor in a dog-walk, a trip to Clapham Common, a few hours to read some biz books and/or nap, and multiple meals. I also like to finish early when I can and go for a drink with my babes Monmon or...well, whomever really. I really don't think this pandemic thing is that big of a deal????? Masks are so gross anyway
  8. Use these words - key, scaling, block, disrupting, industry - and you'll be fine!

Just chuck it to Jackmaaaate; he'll eviscerate it like he does with anything that comes out of the Gleam/Love Island squad

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
I wonder if the publishers are going to make her edit her usual 'I'll shove every big word I can find in the thesaurus' way of writing? There is literally no way anyone will be able to get through a whole book of the pretentious way she usually writes. If they don't I feel like it will be a huge shame for the young girls that spend £17 to read thousands of words of a book which boiled down is just one paragraph.

Also very much doubt the book will contain any form of her usual 'activism'. When it comes to her actually making money her performative support of social movements goes right out the window.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.