Grace Beverley #4 fecked it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also does anyone have any pics of graces faulty products theyd be willing to share? Eg tala leggings with rips/holes or broken b_nd products?
I have a YT video where you can see my entire butt when I squat and they are decently sheer while standing if that helps.

Hey, long time lurker here :)

I've seen a lot of similar conversation around this with other influencers (mainly in the beauty community) so have done some research on the FTC rules myself, and in my opinion the legality here is incredibly sketchy at best. #ad is covered by the endorsement guides section of the FTC guidelines and any disclosure of endorsement must be "clear and conspicuous" for it to satisfy the law. The idea is that if someone is looking at the endorsement, the #ad can't be easy to miss.

White on white, tiny, in a hard to read font, in a corner, behind a white icon is neither clear nor conspicuous (in fact the guidelines specifically state the importance of using clear fonts, clear positioning, and contrasting colours to backgrounds as these are the oldest tricks in the book

Also this disclosure is doubly relevant as grace has previously been known to provide opinions on goods/services without endorsement, and could be classed as a product reviewer. An example of this kind of relationship between influencer and consumer is specifically highlighted in the FTC guidelines and even includes the example of use of a gifted product.

So yeah, sketchy as hell, and generally not a good look...
You can report graces stuff to the ASA

Reactions: 5
Yeah, influencers like Carys clearly put their AD in easy style and font. There’s a big difference between this example and Grace’s stories.

Tala’s comments are pretty bad on recent posts! And there’s not a bunch of positive posts to drown them out. Why haven’t they fixed these issues yet??
The worst is that there's so many comments about faulty or missing products and in between others go "when are you doing a restock? 👀" 😂 really

Reactions: 7
Not strictly about Grace but someone has done this for another influencer
Is this applicable for influencers in the UK as well? Because Grace will keep doing it until some sanctions or at least an official warning is applied. Sorry for my ignorance, from
Sweden living in Spain! In Sweden there is a place where these specific issues can be reported so I’m hoping we can do the same for Grace. It’s not fair if she can get away with this (amongst so many other things)

Edit: a google search answered my question lol. Gonna give it a go

Edit 2: going to see if I can do it today, I’ll need to scour these threads for as many screenshots as possible. Basically for as many screenshots with the adgifted in the corner of the image

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
ooh sneaky putting gifted in white and hiding it under the dm button! Don’t mind influencers getting gifted stuff but be more transparent about it, acting like she’s chosen to support a small business when it’s all an ad. Idk what the actual guidelines on this kinda thing are but this is very sly
View attachment 202051
I hate when influencers say adgifted. Like if its an ad just say ad?

I hate when influencers say adgifted. Like if its an ad just say ad?
I think they have to say both.

Could be wrong but I think ad means they're getting money for posting, and gifted means they were gifted the product. So someone can be gifted a product without being paid to post, and in theory vice versa

4E386864-143E-47BD-AD6F-3936672D7A8A.jpeg
someone in the GFG Facebook group has asked for suggestions for a home guide to follow... and not a single person in the comments has suggested shreddy 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 31
one of my friends bought the GFG a 'booty burner' one. she sent it to me and it's so bad! she was like waste your money - you can find band workouts all over the internet free.

Reactions: 2
one of my friends bought the GFG a 'booty burner' one. she sent it to me and it's so bad! she was like waste your money - you can find band workouts all over the internet free.
tbh she does say in the booty burner guide they're to be used with a full body split but you wouldn't ever catch me doing those circuits as a "booty burner" workout. I do incorporate some of those moves into my warm up but I do wonder how many girls used that guide as a workout.

Reactions: 2
tbh she does say in the booty burner guide they're to be used with a full body split but you wouldn't ever catch me doing those circuits as a "booty burner" workout. I do incorporate some of those moves into my warm up but I do wonder how many girls used that guide as a workout.
I think the booty burner guide should just be a free addition to some of the guides

Is this applicable for influencers in the UK as well? Because Grace will keep doing it until some sanctions or at least an official warning is applied. Sorry for my ignorance, from
Sweden living in Spain! In Sweden there is a place where these specific issues can be reported so I’m hoping we can do the same for Grace. It’s not fair if she can get away with this (amongst so many other things)

Edit: a google search answered my question lol. Gonna give it a go

Edit 2: going to see if I can do it today, I’ll need to scour these threads for as many screenshots as possible. Basically for as many screenshots with the adgifted in the corner of the image
Don't have to look far tbh

She's just pur up two more stories with the "dog cake" (btw what a stupid and unnecessary product lol) with NO DISCLOSURE AT ALL. Also states clearly in the guidelines that if you use the products in more than one image/post/whatever you should disclose every time.

Reactions: 5
I swear grace is virtually unemployed, which CEO has time to take the whole day to read regardless of whether it’s business related or not. It’s an activity that you have to do on top of work. Most graduates in graduate schemes do professional exams/study whilst working a full time job and same when I did my LPC. Sis plays CEO after reading one copy of the economist and reading a book written by a white feminist on how to be a millionaire whilst crying online about how unhealthy it is that she never stops working (whilst in a hot tub)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
ooh sneaky putting gifted in white and hiding it under the dm button! Don’t mind influencers getting gifted stuff but be more transparent about it, acting like she’s chosen to support a small business when it’s all an ad. Idk what the actual guidelines on this kinda thing are but this is very sly
View attachment 202051
in all fairness to her I think this might be the size of your screen because on the XR it’s clearly fits on the pic without being blocked

I swear grace is virtually unemployed, which CEO has time to take the whole day to read regardless of whether it’s business related or not. It’s an activity that you have to do on top of work. Most graduates in graduate schemes do professional exams/study whilst working a full time job and same when I did my LPC. Sis plays CEO after reading one copy of the economist and reading a book written by a white feminist on how to be a millionaire whilst crying online about how unhealthy it is that she never stops working (whilst in a hot tub)
I think it's a startup thing... I'm free to read books related to my job/company during working hours albeit not in a hot tub

Oop. 🙈
74ACFE0C-6861-4BE2-8714-5D0180C51C57.png
An influencer who’s actually honest about products, that’s a rare find! Maybe Grace will actually deign to do something about this now that someone with a 100k following has pointed out their rubbish quality, wow so sustainable

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.