Grace Beverley #4 fecked it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just can’t see this book being liked by mainstream readers who don’t follow Grace. Like another poster said, she hasn’t even been working for a year yet, so I can’t see how she would have enough experience to give really useful advice on working life (especially when most of this has been during a pandemic where WFH has been the norm) I’ve been in my grad job for just over a year and still feel like I don’t know what I’m doing lol. Additionally, she’s in an incredibly privileged position as an entrepreneur, so most of the ways she deals with stress (ie. through power naps, holidays and ted talks) just aren’t available to most people. Most of her advice so far has related to running a business (ie. hiring people and delegating) which again is something very few people can relate to.

If she’s drawing on her experiences from uni then i’d also wonder how useful this advice would be considering she herself has admitted how unhealthy her approach to work and time management was at university.

I’m not really sure what the book is actually about to be honest, I just wouldn’t purchase a book about work from someone who has barely even started working yet, and someone who has got to her position through a route of privilege and luck that very few of us will ever experience.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I'm still confused as to how we're being sold the idea that someone who was born into wealth with millionaire parents, that went to a nursery that charged 10k a year, private school, Oxford etc. can tell anyone about hard work and productivity when nothing about her and her upbringing screams hard work she was born into wealth hence her success it is not achievable (nor is she relatable) to the average person and people that aren't followers/fans of her are obviously going to pick up on that

• Heart
Reactions: 38
She’s having a facial?! This is in no way ambiguous and completely illegal !!!! Has anyone called her out?!

Reactions: 7
She’s having a facial?! This is in no way ambiguous and completely illegal !!!! Has anyone called her out?!
Annoyingly, I believe facials are now legal in the UK as of last Saturday

• Wow
Reactions: 6
We'll all be saying "who?!" this time next year, I bet any hype about her book will have gone by the release date. Influencers have popularity shelf lives.

Reactions: 2
Annoyingly, I believe facials are now legal in the UK as of last Saturday
Seriously a?! I live in the Uk and had no idea, all the beauty salons (besides hairdressers) near me are closed still

We'll all be saying "who?!" this time next year, I bet any hype about her book will have gone by the release date. Influencers have popularity shelf lives.
Yeh exactly, the book will do badly and just be swept under the rug as if it didn’t happen while there is yet another release of some awful fast fashion crap

Reactions: 2
Yeh exactly, the book will do badly and just be swept under the rug as if it didn’t happen while there is yet another release of some awful fast fashion crap
I don't think it will you know
If her background gets slated in reviews as much as it is on Twitter now, I can see this being a complete PR disaster.

I don't think it will you know
If her background gets slated in reviews as much as it is on Twitter now, I can see this being a complete PR disaster.
I wonder if someone relevant will take the time to review her book as noise written by a privileged influencer.

Oh wow ok. And I only screenshot a bit

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
I wonder if someone relevant will take the time to review her book as noise written by a privileged influencer.

Oh wow ok. And I only screenshot a bit
these people are amazing and I’m so sad so many wonderful writers struggle to publish while grez gets approached for jack tit.

Reactions: 14
For anyone that wants a preview of the book:

Step 1: Be born into a family worth £100 million.
Step 2: Delgate Delegate Delgate.
Step 3: ????
Step 4: Profit.
Step 5. Write a book.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
It was literally only weeks ago she was talking about things like how unhealthy her working habits are, she really needs to start taking time off etc (baffles me every time she says that when she is constantly on a plane even in the middle of a pandemic)

so when did she think she was qualified to tell people how to balance work and increase productivity??? Any excuse to just write a book really. Howling at real writers like wtf is this tit 😂

like people actually do phd’s on things like productivity, how to get the most from your brain and body- I don’t know how she has the balls.

would be like any of us deciding to write a book on “how to sleep”. We all do it, sometimes well, sometimes not so. In no wayqualified to write a chapter about the benefits of lavender for sleeping. Girl winds me up

• Heart
Reactions: 22
You know she'll have read all these negative tweets from actual authors and will be screwing. Time for her team to come up with some rebuttals for when they come up next time

The only persons book I would read about a business in the fitness industry would be from Ben Francis. She seems to be trying so hard to be better than Gymshark with Tala/Shreddy/BND but I honestly don't think she ever will

• Heart
Reactions: 31
For anyone that wants a preview of the book:

Step 1: Be born into a family worth £100 million.
Step 2: Delgate Delegate Delgate.
Step 3: ????
Step 4: Profit.
Step 5. Write a book.
3 make sure you go on loads of gifted holidays and leave your delegates to do the rest

• Haha
Reactions: 12
6EAFB833-0E9C-4361-B134-3374E1B8A048.jpeg

Is it accurate for them to say it’s “their factories”? Aren’t these factories used / contracted by multiple companies or am I misunderstanding?

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.