Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Idontevengohere

Chatty Member
Screenshot_20220928-220337_Chrome.jpg

I was reading a poem I love just now and it gor me thinking about poetry and then I remembered this book so I Googled it to see what poems she has selected out of curiosity and this was in the shopping part of the Google search 🤣 I wonder did she just describe this book cover to the cover artist and just change it around a bit.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 36

dee_mc

VIP Member
Oh no! I quite like the poems she's sharing. Not enough to buy the book or anything but that poem was quite nice to read.
Let's be real: there's nothing wrong with liking poetry.
There's nothing wrong with agreeing with a Garrihy about something (once you don't make a habit of it)
But there's something fundamentally wrong with the Aoibhinn Garrihy business model of taking someone else's work (knitwear, candles, whatever self-help bullshit they peddle at the Beo events, poetry) and shamelessly banging her name on it for commercial gain. There's no celebration of the origin story of the really successful Irish knitwear company that manufactures her jumpers etc, or of the actual poets who wrote the works in her collection; it's always just well done herself for thinking of another way to make money from someone else's talent/skill/work.
If you love poetry, absolutely be inspired to research poets and themes etc and buy a book by an actual poet.
Personally it would pain me buy anything that would line her pockets directly or indirectly.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

MojitoMel

Chatty Member
I'd say Doireann is rotted over Joanne. But Joanne is literally working 24/7 in fairness, like her or loath her she's a grafter. Doireann is piggybacking off family contacts to get work from the beginning.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 34

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
I know they’re “friends”, but does anyone else get the impression that Doireann is sick jealous of Joanne Mc Nally? Last two guests she’s had on have praised Joanne and said how they’re her favourite comedian, and Doireann awkwardly keeps saying what an amazing “moment” Joanne is having, as if it’s fleeting and will pass and Doireann can reign supreme once again. Fat chance! Joanne is here for the long haul

• Haha
Reactions: 34

Laika1234

VIP Member
Eejit. I’m so relieved I unfollowed. I’ve had fertility struggles myself so find her and Mother Earth very triggering.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
Anyone else find it so annoying how tied up RTE is with jobs for the lads, from 2fm you've the whole breakfast show on telly with fitest family, DWTS and the takeaway thing carl is on. Jen is on the radio from her Republic of telly days and obviously has DWTS, the 2 johnnies only got their radio gig with their connections from their TV show. Surely there must be more people around the country working hard to break into the industry but its impossible with everything tied up.

Reactions: 30
Sorry, plenty of people working flat to the mat... She's flat to the mat getting paid a ridiculous wage from RTÉ for doing a mediocre job.... A not at all funny show on the player, a poorly conducted podcast (the guests are good, she is poor at interviewing), and a radio job where she tries to over shadow her workmates!

Reactions: 28

I got up at 5am

VIP Member
As much as Doireann is annoying on the Radio, her podcast interviews do often cover serious topic’s in a casual chatty way like her last one about Roz Purcell’s eating disorder. Celebrities can genuinely have real life struggles without it being fabricated lies for fake headline publicity - expectations that their lives are perfect & worry free as if not humans adds to their problems.

Sorry for this a very long comment, don’t bother to post on this thread before but I’m shocked that an open confession to feeling suicidal & getting urgent help is automatically accused of being a fake pr gimmick for publicity & loads of criticism of one personal story for not being explained in perfect medical protocol when he’s still fragile, no matter if not a fan of them or not is v. harsh. Plenty of celebs on here to lambast for their truly terrible behaviour but this isn’t the topic to attack so severely. As a man who’s had similar troubles can relate to him, when feeling better not wanting to rely on pills, the instant bravo decision of the very scary task of finally stopping is rarely perfect protocol. Missing the point of him sharing his own story, normalises talking about life struggles & it will help others especially young men by being so open on not an easy topic to make public. Hope people don’t send Greg any more online abuse or direct critical DMs for being so honest in this podcast - none of us are perfect or word everything correctly always + remember still a recent bad dark time for him. Please go easy as it can be harmful.

This full podcast is released on Monday - usually about 40mins conversations so these clips just a very edited trailer. It’s easy to be cynical about all celebs & judge too quickly as this is Tattle. Must remember already been 3 suicides linked to Love Island, tragically it’s very real. Greg’s mental health story isn’t an excuse for any bad behaviour like some celebs do to hide behind it for PR spin plus he’s now busy with Rugby presenting & other work so not desperate for column inches to lie about suicidal thoughts - he has nothing to gain from it. People not believing or dismissing mental health issues as attention seeking lies is why many young men find it so hard to talk & get help - suicide is the biggest killer of young men. Can tell from these clips, it’s a honest & vulnerable frank chat, that will help others to realise it’s okay not to be okay, talk & get medical help - nothing to be ashamed of. Shows it can be a temporary dark period, get help & move forward, life can get better.

Presume likely trigger warning & disclaimer about stopping medication, emergency helplines will be added on full podcast info - it’s only one personal experience being told not any official medical advice. Greg wrote on his Instagram stories that this is just his story & everyone has their own. You never know what somebody is going through so just look out for each other. Agree sudden cold turkey off any strong medication isn’t recommended & can be dangerous - a v risky gamble but not everyone experiences the same side effects or severe withdraw symptoms - some are fortunate & do not to suffer. Long term dependency withdraw will likely to be far worse. Every medical detail isn’t going be revealed in a edited podcast chat just a synopsis. Greg’s educated, most likely had already reduced his dosage down with medical guidance prior to final impulse wanting to stop & binning them on his Birthday at end of March. Many others have done the same impulse for decades on a milestone date to make a fresh start, decision they chose only for themselves.

People can look successful & happy on social media but reality going on in their lives can very different. Being close to their mom, sisters & friends doesn’t stop anxiety & depressive bad periods in their life happening, quickly spiralling unable to talk. So in fairness he’s not making it up for this interview with Doireann, Greg has spoken many times before about his struggle after retiring from Rugby at end of last year, difficulties transitioning away from pro sports & his girlfriend of 2 yrs dumping him all at the same time, in numerous interviews since last year & saying he had to get professional help. Could see physically he got thin & looked unwell end of last year. Many pro sportsman / Olympians often suffer from deep depression after retiring as they try to create a new career & life for themselves away from sports - daily training, lifestyle & their identity since childhood stopping suddenly. Feeling lost, uncertain about the future & who they are is common.

Sometimes even basic advice or a saying like “no one gives a fuck about you” which is more about stop worrying what others think about you & external pressures, got to make your own opportunities & do what makes you happy, can help someone when feeling overwhelmed with anxiety - if it resonates with them alone all that matters. Said before his law exams are his back up career felt oblige to do but it made him miserable.

He’s obviously not a bad guy, running the London Marathon next week for Alzheimer’s research in memory of his Grandma who died from it & raise over €10K but some here will still say he’s also only doing that for attention. Glad he’s feeling better now & got help as it’s not easy to do or admit.

Back to Doireann, her dog & the rest of the Gardashians. 😂
Thanks for explaining that celebs can have issues too and for your lengthy update on Greg. I think we all wish him well with his mental health however his advice was wrong and dangerous and the story about the quote saving the day was unrealistic. If he & Doireann want to use their platforms for good then they need to do their research & give responsible advice only.

• Heart
That 2fm breakfast show. In all seriousness, how does anyone listen to it? They are paying them huge money for absolute cringeworthy content: Donncha is like someone who woke up from a coma and is discovering the world all over again, Carl is the complete opposite of funny and Dz just thinks she’s the bees knees, woowee’ing her way through the week to collect a massive pay check before she can jump ship completely when she’s offered something else. She can’t wait to drop those two dead weights.

In her past life of taking the piss out of everyone (including Roz who she now is having such an earnest chat with on laughs of your life), she would have ripped the arsehole out of that book of stolen poetry. What a sketch she would have made out of that.

• Haha
  • Heart

Heidi88

VIP Member
The irony of Ailbhe sharing Carl Mullan's reel on renting at the moment. Didnt Ailbhe live in her parents 2nd Dublin property?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
I was at Ed Sheeran a few weeks back and the girls in front of us spent the whole night singing into the phone looking at their own reflections instead of watching the actual concert. Then they’d spend ages uploading it and swiping for filters, all while missing most of what’s happening on stage. The utter narcissism of it was laughable. We have come away from videoing every aspect of the concert instead of watching it and now people are videoing themselves at the concert instead of watching it

• Heart
Reactions: 27