Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

fortycoats

Chatty Member
I 'might' have done a bit of trolling
Can we guess? Did you..
a) Tell her to put a lead on her dog 🐕
b) Tell her her sister isn’t an author despite having a pretty book with her name on it 📕
c) Tell her that dancing with the RTE colleagues & GAA stars programme will be pure rubbish now that she’s hosting it? 💃 🕺
OR….
d) All the suits in Zara & River Island are sold out?

• Haha
Reactions: 22

fortycoats

Chatty Member
Yes I definitely find his story hard to believe. He’s supposedly very close to his mother and sisters so if he was on that medication and just came off it like that would he not be able to function. It happened me but it was on a junior doctors advice that I just came off the medication. I couldn’t leave the bed for three weeks & I just had dark thoughts the whole time until another doctor was called for me and my dose regulated. Something doesn’t add up with his story but hopefully though he’s not just making it up
I reported it and re-watched the clip. One part that jumps out is he says “you’re going to think I’m making this up but your advice ‘no one give a fuck about you really made a difference’” to which she was thrilled after crying a seconds before.

I also totally disagree with “no one gives a fuck about you” being motivational for someone who is depressed. Like they’re the thoughts you have anyway.. feelings of worthlessness. What helps is knowing you have people around that genuinely care for you and want the best for you. That my take anyway. I would be slow to disbelieve ppl re. mental health but the previous comments make a lot of sense.

• Heart

jazzbot

VIP Member
We need some more actors to come forward please.

Someone for the part of Claire Gardashian:

claireg.jpg

And the owner of the rival ferry company in Doolin who are terrible and of course totally in the wrong:

shotjr.png

• Haha
  • Wow

Madscone

VIP Member
Jesus lads....I feel like I've walked back into secondary school! The attention to detail and descriptions of their facial features would give any 15 year old mean girl a run for her money!🤪 can we all upload a pic of our faces just so we can compare our beauty!? I'm not a fan of the Garrihys but like come on! Anyways....Doireann would aaaate herself if she was chocolate!

• Haha
  • Heart

itiswhatitis103

Last thing that would be advised is to throw all your medication out and stop taking it.

That leaped out at me. I am on a tiny dosage of an antidepressant and I wanted to come off it and I wanted to come off it and I had to half my dose for a week and then take that dose every second day for another week. Hugely irresponsible and dangerous to leave it in. A link to the Samaritans after those stories would have been a good thing to do also

• Heart
I rang MF to ask how come they're only available for minimum 7 days on their website, but the Garrihys got to stay for just weekend. She said it depends on availability, if there's vacancies for shorter stays they'll accommodate. Hard to believe a weekend was free out of a 7 day stay, the week after the kids are off school imo, so they invited the Garrihys. Smells of BS. Do these hotels think we are all mugs, that we will watch these free loaders stay for free and then the ordinary Joe soap being robbed blind to stay.

Poor Aoibhin stuck in Ennis, god love you.

• Angry

I got up at 5am

VIP Member
I’m not buying Greg’s story. I was half afraid to comment but I see others are in agreement. If he was that bad that his dosage was doubled there is no way he just came off them and felt fine. Day 1 when you are prescribed an antidepressant you are warned not to wean yourself off or come off without warning. It can quite literally be catastrophic. As for a generic quote from Doireann being the cure, how convenient when he is on her podcast promoting himself. Bullshit. He isn’t a good presenter, he has a law degree, use it.

Specsqueen

I’m on a high dose antidepressant and have been for more then half my life and probably will be for the rest of it. With clinical depression and severe anxiety life can be cruel and very hard. Only for this medication I know I wouldn’t be here today. However I have to add to this about the clip mentioning cold Turkey. Once I did this. I was on a particular antidepressant I’m now no longer on. I thought I didn’t need it anymore. So I stopped. This was about 15 years ago and even now thinking about when the withdrawals hit I get upset. I’ll never ever forget that night when I really thought I was losing my mind. I was adamant that I had to die. I just kept saying over and over ‘this is terrible I have to die’. That’s just what happened to me. Thankfully I was taken to the my GP by my mom and got the help I needed. But I have never ever done it again and never ever will. As said here having a public profile like they do they do have a level of responsibility to the public and absolutely should have said that it’s not recommended to do what he did. I’m glad it worked for him and he’s ok but sadly so many have done that and it wasn’t as good an outcome.

• Heart
  • Sad
I wouldn't even put Joanne and Doireann in the same category. Now Joanne isn't exactly my cup of tea but fair play she's made it big in the UK. Doireann is just about known in Ireland

fortycoats

Chatty Member
Her Maura Higgins impression was never any good. The Pippa and So Sue me ones were good at the start and I think the daithi and Maura ones had a few funny moments but a lot of them fall flat. The Maura one was always awful.
She got my attention first when I came across her on insta and she did an impression of Pippa. The voice was ok. Not brilliant but I thought it was good. But what made me laugh was the perfect house and then you see the housekeeper in the background. I always thought Pippa was so polished, beautiful house, nothing out of place etc. I guess it reminded me that ppl have help. Nothing wrong with that but Pippa did always give the impression that she had a perfect life and beautiful kids and a successful business and did it all herself.

I found Doireann refreshing at the time and thought she was a bit of craic. But I feel like the more successful she’s gotten, the more smug she is or something. I genuinely wanted to see her do well but just one thing after another turns me off her. I hate “wowee”.. I feel like she took a cutesie phrase we use with our kids and made it her own. So now it’s a phrase that I’ve grown to hate. I think a major turning point for me also was the Roz impressions. She makes her sound a bit thick and I’d hate anyone to do an impression of me and make me sound so bad.

User54321

A relative of mine struggled with depression for about 10 years. Things started looking up - he was in a relationship and moved in with his partner and he thought he no longer needed his medication. The relationship fell apart and so did he and he’s gone from us 10 years this month.

It’s incredibly irresponsible to share that story without a huge caveat to say that this isn’t an option for everyone. We all use ‘depressed’ too flippantly to describe when we’re feeling a bit blue or anxious.

• Heart
  • Sad

Heidi77

VIP Member
Claire’s a menopausal middle aged clown and she should go lie down in a corner somewhere
[/QUOTE]
How lovely. Should we all just give up once we reach the far side of 50?

• Haha

Sineadmc85

Something is off with this friendship with Joanne McNally. I have absolutely no basis for this feeling mind but it just feels like a social climbing exercise for Doireann or something. Getting major riding on coattails vibes from it.

Reactions: 21

LadyLowe

Surprised to see her at the All Ireland match. Not a GAA fan myself but I know that tickets for the final are like gold dust, and I know it's just one ticket, but a pity it didn't go to someone who is a genuine fan/someone who would have attended a lot of the matches during the year.

422KCDC

Aoibhin and the dressing of the children the same ALL the time is a bit much. Her story today.. the two older ones off to school and again dressed completely the same; same coat, shoes, socks, school bag, water bottle, same hair style, same hair tie.. it's a bit obsessive. She's gone very bad with it lately. Same swim suits, same bloody everything!!! Poor children. Between that and being plastered all over the internet, the poor children. Would she really like to have twins I wonder. She would love all the attention they would bring and seems to crave it and thinks dressing them the same is helping get more attention from onlookers out and about...
I 100% agree with you on this. When someone spouts on about sustainability and then her younger girls never wear the older girls hand me downs because it doesn't suit the twinning gear. What happens to all those clothes? Its not like they go out of fashion as they are all very much old style clothes on the kids. Maybe they are donated to charity but it seems so wasteful and to be honest bothers me so much.