Garrihy Sisters #6 Poetry from Mother Earth, the only woman to e're give birth

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know they’re “friends”, but does anyone else get the impression that Doireann is sick jealous of Joanne Mc Nally? Last two guests she’s had on have praised Joanne and said how they’re her favourite comedian, and Doireann awkwardly keeps saying what an amazing “moment” Joanne is having, as if it’s fleeting and will pass and Doireann can reign supreme once again. Fat chance! Joanne is here for the long haul

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I wouldn't even put Joanne and Doireann in the same category. Now Joanne isn't exactly my cup of tea but fair play she's made it big in the UK. Doireann is just about known in Ireland

Reactions: 22
Promoting and signing books all day long. Jesus wept. And all the real authors who would love a start in the same way. Spent the day more worried about her outfit changes and when mammy Clare would come and give her a hot water bottle. There she is standing in Hodges & Figgis I’d love to ring and telll them it’s plagiarised blatantly.

Reactions: 8
I'd say Doireann is rotted over Joanne. But Joanne is literally working 24/7 in fairness, like her or loath her she's a grafter. Doireann is piggybacking off family contacts to get work from the beginning.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Doireann has zero talent and she’s not funny. She riding on her daddy’s coattails. That is it.

Reactions: 9
Don’t usually watch day time tv and especially not kids tv shows, but flicking through the channels here and doireann Garrihy is reading storys on “Storybud” 😅😅

• Haha
Reactions: 2
That wasn’t Greg in the viral nightclub stall shagging video - it was an Italian footballer who was suspended from his club for it - he just looks a bit like Greg. Don’t believe everything you see on Twitter.

Seriously is Bressie the only Irish man ever alllowed to talk about Mental Health? Bressie may of jumped on the MH podcast bandwagon as an ageing pop star over 40. Greg clearly wasn’t well at the end of last year retiring after the Olympics. He’s busy now working as a sports presenter so isn’t looking to monetise it. Plenty of stuff to gossip about, but being dismissive of someone being recently suicidal isn’t it. Like Garrihy’s tit poetry books embarrassment.
Calm down there love, I never even referred to the video, I haven't seen it and hadn't even heard about it until that post.

And I also didn't say anything about Greg. All I mentioned was Bressie jumping on the bandwagon as you say yourself. So actually I agree with you, no need to attack (y)

Reactions: 3
It’s Greg’s bitterness over the whole Amber thing that annoys me. I really wish for his own sake he’d just let it go. Also, if he’s still losing followers everyday years on that’s his own issue. It’s not because he didn’t want to make it official with Amber 3 years ago. I don’t like Amber I think she’s an eejit but his need to make her the villain is annoying. I’d have more respect for him if he just let it go.

Reactions: 7
I really want to buy this book as an ironic present for a friend but don’t want to give her another sale 😅😅

• Haha
Reactions: 4
It’s Greg’s bitterness over the whole Amber thing that annoys me. I really wish for his own sake he’d just let it go. Also, if he’s still losing followers everyday years on that’s his own issue. It’s not because he didn’t want to make it official with Amber 3 years ago. I don’t like Amber I think she’s an eejit but his need to make her the villain is annoying. I’d have more respect for him if he just let it go.
He’s losing followers because he’s a drip, his content is him getting free cars, treatments & holidays. He acts like he had a hand in them winning when it was Amber who won it.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Does he talk about that in the Doireann pod? I watched that series but never really knee the end result once it ended other than they just split because he wasn't into the fame. But now he is wanting the fame is it? Or what?

Edited to add I see the clip now. Screaming that someone tagged Amber in the comments.

Last edited:
Bertie is back in the park. No leash. An ‘aller’ will have him for breakfast and it will be Michael D’s fault…

Reactions: 4
Why is Aoibhinn signing the books? It’s not like she wrote the poems? The mind boggles.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
How is she even allowed to put these poems in a book?
I cannot get over the fuss of it and support for it. It’s such a lazy, pathetic excuse for a book deal. There are so many more deserving of a contract like that.

But that seems to be her business model. Beo is the same- they haven’t come up with anything new, just appropriated a series of products into their image of ‘comfort’ or whatever west coast/ cosiness/ journaling lifestyle it is they’re trying to portray there (🙄). And then they’ve just gone and seriously marked up the prices of everything.

I have sympathy for anyone who is buying this rubbish. She’s reeled them in nicely for her pay packet. It makes me sick.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I cannot get over the fuss of it and support for it. It’s such a lazy, pathetic excuse for a book deal. There are so many more deserving of a contract like that.

But that seems to be her business model. Beo is the same- they haven’t come up with anything new, just appropriated a series of products into their image of ‘comfort’ or whatever west coast/ cosiness/ journaling lifestyle it is they’re trying to portray there (🙄). And then they’ve just gone and seriously marked up the prices of everything.

I have sympathy for anyone who is buying this rubbish. She’s reeled them in nicely for her pay packet. It makes me sick.
She has had no creative input, I mean if she even was responsible for the cover art, but sure that was done by someone who she must have briefed to just copy that other books style. At least they had edited by on the cover. I, as I'm sure many of us do, have my own favourite poems but I'd hardly be proud of making a list of them and taking credit as a writer for making said list. Do you ever feel you're screaming into an abyss? Why are people buying this shite? I'm not being contrary or unnecessarily negative, it's an absolute sin to see this shite being peddled.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Surely some responsibility lies with consumers buying shite…. Same for all the huns selling muck lisa lust, etc….. if people are going to buy, it’s going to be sold…. There is money to be made selling shite with no shame. But Jesus wept, how on Earth are the ladies of Ireland buying all they see advertised!?? It baffles me

Reactions: 16
I don’t get it either. I am on a very good salary ano I’m busy conserving cash in this crisis rather than buying crap. Surely their target markets must be feeling the pinch.

Reactions: 5
Surely some responsibility lies with consumers buying shite…. Same for all the huns selling muck lisa lust, etc….. if people are going to buy, it’s going to be sold…. There is money to be made selling shite with no shame. But Jesus wept, how on Earth are the ladies of Ireland buying all they see advertised!?? It baffles me
I’ve seen very intelligent women influenced into buying products they neither need nor use. It’s mind blowing.

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.