Garrihy Sisters #6 Poetry from Mother Earth, the only woman to e're give birth

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Doireann podcast is so rigid. . Greg was telling of a reported serious mental health issue. He had just finished his account of things, clearly laid bare and vulnerable having disclosed this information.
Doireann just rolls straight onto her next question about laughing.
Very awkward
She should be more flexible and able to respond to what people actually say. She needs to think on her feet.

Reactions: 17
Bressie was the first to do this from what I remember. And they have all followed suit. . .
Pat civilly was the first, he felt sad one day on the bus from dublin to galway cause he was early 20’s and worked in a sports shop

• Haha
Doireann podcast is so rigid. . Greg was telling of a reported serious mental health issue. He had just finished his account of things, clearly laid bare and vulnerable having disclosed this information.
Doireann just rolls straight onto her next question about laughing.
Very awkward
She should be more flexible and able to respond to what people actually say. She needs to think on her feet.
Have thought this many times. She’s not able to break away from the formula of question - answer - question - answer. She can still ask her stupid questions but when a guest opens up she should have the ability to run with that. She’s a terrible interviewer

Reactions: 15
This narrative on here is bizarre & damaging with those now saying don’t believe Greg’s mental health struggle as he’s just copying Bressie, 41 as if he’s the only Irish man ever allowed to have genuine MH issues or discussions. Plus he’s making it up no way that her advice helped him personally at all, very dismissive slagging will discourage others from talking in the future. Greg’s worked for years with mental health charities TYF & Noggin with Irish Rugby long before Bressie’s podcast started & has spoken about his struggle before so not made up for this interview. Notion to bombard them with negative messages condemning him & his personal actions, when he’s still fragile from recent dark times could be directly v harmful. More criticism isn’t always the best way, think sensitivity is even needed to “influencers”.

Sorry but peoples expectations of “influencers” aka a young man are simply too much - impossible to satisfy all & unreasonable burden. Listen to full podcast. Doireann & Greg never implied it as any medical advice just telling his own very personal story about how he’s been recently vulnerable with suicidal thoughts & got help. This raw confession hasn’t even stop some callously attacking him, saying he’s lying for attention & over reacting over to his wording of his own difficult choice. Clearly don’t care about a vulnerable man telling his own story just want to be offended to find any fault on a soapbox, supposedly fighting on behalf of hypothetical people that unlikely will copy his choice to stop his Meds, despite the disclaimer warning at the beginning of podcast not too. Everyone is responsible for their own actions & should follow their own doctors advice about Meds not a ex love islander’s own choice. Too much now, far more irresponsible than anything they said or missed out in an interview, even criticising supportive professionals for agreeing it’s good to talk.

I know you’ll all disagree with me but this harsh condemnation is disappointingly overshadowing the overall good message within this interview that could help so many young men to finally reach out to get the help as they can relate to him at 27, it’s okay not to be okay & possibly save more lives. At least gives airtime for more honest mental health journeys to help end the stigma. This shaming those for having an open conversation about this difficult topic, enforcing idea that young men shouldn’t talk about their own personal feelings & experiences in their own words. Shuts down the arena for similar conversations which is far more dangerous to the vulnerable. As if they will be subjected to severe criticism & not believed on mass like here, if their chat doesn’t fulfil or spoon feeds all official guidelines clearly enough.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
One of her sheep in the shower practicing answers to Doireann's laughs of your life questions. I could only stomach a few of the podcasts but surely just practice laughing and you'd be fine.

Mother earth sent grace(fbg) the book. How random is that? Wouldn't put grace and poetry book(or any book) together 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 11
So Donnacha has got a gig as a performance coach for Davy Fitz.... Will that spell the end of the Tiresome Trio in the morning?

Reactions: 11
perfect opportunity for lottie ryan to step in
Oh noooooo...I can't stand her audible gasps between each sentence. Like she's coming up for air after a long stint under water 🙈
Keith Walsh actually appeared on my TikTok FYP this morning and it made me miss him 😢

Reactions: 13
perfect opportunity for lottie ryan to step in
She’d blow up peoples speakers 🔊, she SHOUTS!

Oh noooooo...I can't stand her audible gasps between each sentence. Like she's coming up for air after a long stint under water 🙈
Keith Walsh actually appeared on my TikTok FYP this morning and it made me miss him 😢
Yes we was good , I think the breakfast show was good with Jen Keith & Bernard ! They all
Worked well together

Reactions: 9
Is it just me or is Greg a total bore? He can’t go a sentence without referencing Love Island or the Olympics

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Aoibhín seems to have given this poetry book as a freebie to every instahun in Ireland! Hoping all the sheep will buy them as Christmas presents for friends, sisters nieces etc 🤢 please don’t! All you’re doing is funding the matching clothes for the daughters for next year!!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
Screenshot_20220928-220337_Chrome.jpg

I was reading a poem I love just now and it gor me thinking about poetry and then I remembered this book so I Googled it to see what poems she has selected out of curiosity and this was in the shopping part of the Google search 🤣 I wonder did she just describe this book cover to the cover artist and just change it around a bit.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
View attachment 1612298
I was reading a poem I love just now and it gor me thinking about poetry and then I remembered this book so I Googled it to see what poems she has selected out of curiosity and this was in the shopping part of the Google search 🤣 I wonder did she just describe this book cover to the cover artist and just change it around a bit.
How can she get away with this! She doeant have an original idea in her head. At least the other person has "edited by". With Aoibhin's name the way it is on the book you would think she had written the poems.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.