Garrihy Sisters #6 Poetry from Mother Earth, the only woman to e're give birth

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Only 1300 likes out of 157k followers! Hardly going to be a bestseller.

If anyone gave it to me for Xmas I'd be massively disappointed

Reactions: 5
My youngest cousin is constantly 'liking' their content and it both annoys and depresses me.
How old is she? I can see Doireann appealing to a slightly younger demographic but I'd have put Aoibhin and the other one firmly in the "mid-thirties-plus, with an emphasis on the plus" camp.

Only 1300 likes out of 157k followers! Hardly going to be a bestseller.

If anyone gave it to me for Xmas I'd be massively disappointed
Tell me about it: even as a joke gift, it'd pain me to line their pockets tbh and I'd be quite insulted that anyone would associate me with such shite 🤭

Reactions: 3
How old is she? I can see Doireann appealing to a slightly younger demographic but I'd have put Aoibhin and the other one firmly in the "mid-thirties-plus, with an emphasis on the plus" camp.

Tell me about it: even as a joke gift, it'd pain me to line their pockets tbh and I'd be quite insulted that anyone would associate me with such shite 🤭
T is 43 I think but very much a hunni

Reactions: 1
Someone mentioned her before she is only mid 30’s, now I’m in the over 35 camp and her literature does not appeal to me.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
The book will probably a prize on the breakfast show before long like her Regatta stuff. Doireann will be getting the ads in for it

Reactions: 1
That 2fm breakfast show. In all seriousness, how does anyone listen to it? They are paying them huge money for absolute cringeworthy content: Donncha is like someone who woke up from a coma and is discovering the world all over again, Carl is the complete opposite of funny and Dz just thinks she’s the bees knees, woowee’ing her way through the week to collect a massive pay check before she can jump ship completely when she’s offered something else. She can’t wait to drop those two dead weights.

In her past life of taking the piss out of everyone (including Roz who she now is having such an earnest chat with on laughs of your life), she would have ripped the hole out of that book of stolen poetry. What a sketch she would have made out of that.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
That 2fm breakfast show. In all seriousness, how does anyone listen to it? They are paying them huge money for absolute cringeworthy content: Donncha is like someone who woke up from a coma and is discovering the world all over again, Carl is the complete opposite of funny and Dz just thinks she’s the bees knees, woowee’ing her way through the week to collect a massive pay check before she can jump ship completely when she’s offered something else. She can’t wait to drop those two dead weights.

In her past life of taking the piss out of everyone (including Roz who she now is having such an earnest chat with on laughs of your life), she would have ripped the hole out of that book of stolen poetry. What a sketch she would have made out of that.
Great description of Donncha. I liked him til he did that ridiculous show. Doireann already jumps ship as soon as she has a better offer. Didn’t she take lots of time off during the summer for other work.. Galway races, MC’ing shows etc. I never liked the impression she did/does on Roz. It’s not accurate and I’d be pretty offended if it was me. Roz just goes with it cos RTE threw her some work soon after airing it. I’d love to see someone take on Doireann and the sisters. They’d be v easy to impersonate.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Christ that stupid American accent she continually does is the most annoying thing every. I’m ready to punch the radio when she does it. How the hell are the increasing listenership? Carl was funnier before he got the radio show

Reactions: 6
I'd love to be a fly on the wall in Carl's house. I'd say his wife is sick to death of hearing about what an absolute unfunny idiot Donnacha is and what and absolute witch Doireann is.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Is she? Haven't seen her in ages. I unfollowed Carl around the time he joined 2fm but still see him in my search feed sometimes. I couldn't take his talking through the nose anymore.

• Haha
Who’s his wife?
Akiloo89 is her handle. Like followed her back before first lockdown due to the absolute craic of thei Norway trip. But since their wedding she had been pushing the insta stories and the we are mad craic too much for me tbh.

Great description of Donncha. I liked him til he did that ridiculous show. Doireann already jumps ship as soon as she has a better offer. Didn’t she take lots of time off during the summer for other work.. Galway races, MC’ing shows etc. I never liked the impression she did/does on Roz. It’s not accurate and I’d be pretty offended if it was me. Roz just goes with it cos RTE threw her some work soon after airing it. I’d love to see someone take on Doireann and the sisters. They’d be v easy to impersonate.
If Karma exists someone will take the piss out of the Garrihy clan.

Reactions: 7
So I’m watching Doireann’s stories and there’s a trigger warning for suicide from her podcast with Greg O Shea. And the video is quite moving and your heart would go out to Greg. Doireann for once is suitably quiet and just listens thankfully and she’s actually tearful which is understandable if they’re friends. Cut back to her stories and she’s straight back to usual plugging some show Carl is on. And a happy clappy Friday song with her dog running around. I’m not insta famous. I don’t have a large following. Rarely do stories. But if I were to share something about suicide, I would probably add some helplines and then no more stories til that one expired. Honestly it might be me overreacting but I just think it’s so solemn. Lots of ppl have been suicidal or have lost ppl to suicide. I think respect should be shown.

Also, Greg says he was prescribed a serious amount of medication by his GP and then it was doubled. He had a dark few months and then one day decided thanks to a quote from Doireann (which genuinely wouldn’t motivate me) to get on with his life and stop taking the medication. Threw it all out. I don’t think she should have included that. I’m not a medical professional but I do take a fair whack of medication for other reasons. Last thing that would be advised is to throw all your medication out and stop taking it. Though obviously I’m glad for him that he’s doing better. I personally also think depression can come and go throughout life for the majority of sufferers.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Last thing that would be advised is to throw all your medication out and stop taking it.

That leaped out at me. I am on a tiny dosage of an antidepressant and I wanted to come off it and I wanted to come off it and I had to half my dose for a week and then take that dose every second day for another week. Hugely irresponsible and dangerous to leave it in. A link to the Samaritans after those stories would have been a good thing to do also

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.