Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

RubyGT

Couple things.

She does not need to drop any weight. This woman isn't fat by any means. She could use a toning up and a lesson on dressing for her body shape. But she's definitely not fat. She just needs to stop skipping leg day.

I need her to explain how she's eligible to take the bar. She didn't graduate from an aba school and never practiced law. Go ahead Elle we'll wait.

The ring was neither Tiffany nor custom. I do not believe a "jewelry designer" "fashion blogger" luxury goods obsessed brat would not shove a Tiffany ring down anyone and everyone's throats. She would even hide it in the Florida blogs. Anyone who's recently engaged is officially left handed for 3 months. You're excited, it's a happy time. Unless you're embarrassed. I highly doubt Rickety Dick spent 12k on a Tiffany ring then moved her into an empty house that his dad gave him. Elle this is common sense.

Reactions: 24

toastie

I'm a little uncomfortable with the focus on weight and measurements around here lately. Whether Elle has lied about it or not, we know it's commonplace for women (and men and everyone!) to struggle mentally and emotionally with body image. I don't know that Elle struggles in this way (I think she has explicitly stated that she does not) but putting so much focus on her stats can cause inadvertent harm to others.

And truthfully, it's the last thing I care about. She looks fine. I take greater issue with her daily hive scam or other "embellishments" than how she describes her figure.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

bethannebodyworks

Just watched them. SHE IS INSUFFERABLE!!!

How do you spend two vlogs talking about a "clothp" on a bracelet? She acted like it was the worst tragedy that ever befell her. Such a privileged little asshole. Just get it fixed and shut the fuck up.*

*In the video she complains about the person at People's (the store where Joe bought it) not knowing what a "lobther clothp" is and instead calling it a hook clasp. And she goes, "this is deeply distressing to me as a jewelry designer!" yet in her own video review of Lisa Eldridge's jewelry she doesn't know what a bezel setting is. Ugh. I can't.

• Haha
Reactions: 18

Linners

It was exactly one year (one year lease). He refused to renew and moved out.
Ohhh...Very interesting. In Canada, once you've continuously lived with a person for a year, you're considered "Living Common-Law" which means they are considered to be in a marriage-like relationship and can then file their incomes taxes together. Do you think Joe timed his break-up at the 11.5month mark so that he won't legally/ financially be responsible for Elle nor her spending habits?

• Haha
  • Wow

Katrina_AK_0099

So, it's conceivable that the tasks Elle did were similar to the sorts of tasks an in-house lawyer would tackle. It's just not true for her to say she was in-house counsel since she did have a different job than the attorneys where she worked.
I think it's really important to be clear that Elle's workplace in Vancouver was the regulatory agency for mutual fund dealers in Canada -- the Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada. She was an investigator (actual job title) who investigated instances of wrongdoing by mutual fund dealers, produced reports, and gave evidence at hearings -- not in court, but at hearings the regulatory agency conducts when they are investigating wrongdoing.

A lot of people seem to think she worked at an investment firm or at a business law firm. Nope -- the Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada is not a nonprofit that regulates mutual fund dealers.

Gurugossip ladies found out the other team members Elle worked with. Not a single one had a law degree, so that clearly isn't a job requirement. Her referring to herself as in-house counsel is fake, and she knows it, as you pointed out.

The only aspect of her job I could see requiring legal knowledge is writing investigative reports. But that's a skill you can pick up with the job over time. If everyone else, including her boss, did not have a legal background or law degree than I doubt the work was overly legal. Elle just said that to make it sound important and #girlboss.

She must have driven Joe crazy with her constant talk of being a #girlboss lawyer.

• Heart

LetThemEatLipstick

Wow.

Yeah, in “VLOGMAS DAY 9 - #DIAMONDMAS” that you uploaded, 3:18.

Elle: “Huh huh huh, where did it go, Joe??? Where did our view go???

Joe: *I will pack my bags while you’re out and leave you high and dry, you insufferable, infantile, condescending bitch...*It’s there.

I never even spoke to my son like that when he was a baby. Maybe it’s just me, but I’ve never spoken to children in baby voice because when I was a kid I thought it made adults look so ridiculous and it felt condescending, as if anything I said would just be dismissed because I was a kid. I never wanted my child to feel that way.

Can you imagine being a 30-year-old adult male corporate lawyer, and having your girlfriend speak to you that way... sometimes in public...

• Haha
  • Heart

202leda

And just because she is a lawyer by title in Canada doesn’t mean she can take the American bar as does not have any in house counsel experience, which is REQUIRED for most states including Washington.

I used to be annoyed with the fact that she keeps deluding herself into believing she is eligible to take the Washington bar, but you know what? Go ahead and do it, Smelley. I want to see you throw a temper tantrum on video when the ABA tells you that you can’t take it because your foreign degree doesn’t count and you’ve not have any recent experience and never been in house counsel. 😂

• Haha

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Elle is very beautiful (objectively speaking). She'd look better if she lost a bit weight (~10-15 pounds) and toned up.
Uhhhh we're gonna have to agree to disagree here lol. She is objectively normal in my opinion AFTER all the plastic surgery, and can look "pretty" when she's wearing a lot of makeup and very dressed up. She is definitely not beautiful or even close to that, no offense.

• Haha
Reactions: 17

cinnamonlush

First time poster here. I've been following these threads for awhile (even from GG) and read them for entertainment and relaxation. I never felt compelled to write a comment before now and was always happy to passively read and consume. I still watch Elle's videos although part of me really dislikes the personality she portrays (comical but irritating mispronunciation of words, lack of transparency, snobbishness, materialism, lack of self awareness) but I have to admit I kind of have a soft spot for her, too, for some almost inexplicable reason. Maybe I do envy certain things about her or her lifestyle while also feeling pity or irritation or bemusedness. But I too have been uncomfortable reading the past few posts focusing on her body size and type. It's not uncommon for people to have body dysmorphia and think their bodies are either bigger or smaller than they actually are. Who are we to judge her body, especially as none or very few of us have ever actually seen her body in person? And I think another part of this discussion that feels uncomfortable is people using their bodies -- humblebragging about their weight, height, fitness level -- as comparison against hers, saying well she can't be a size 0 because I'm a size 0 and this is my height/weight/etc. How about leaving her body and your own body out of it? Yes she may publicize her size or weight and that is her choice to make, and yes, it is true that if she makes it public knowledge it is technically open for public consumption and criticism, but can we as womxn or men (not sure if there are men active in this thread or what) choose to accept that it is her body and she can perceive it / narrate it / publicize it in the way she wants? I get it. She's annoying and she lies (from everything I've read at least). But this body shaming / body comparing is insidious and pits womxn against each other, reinforcing internalized misogyny, lookism, and sizeism.

• Heart

Phoebe.Tallulah

Smelle sitting amongst all those bags made me wonder if she hung them off the handlebars of her precious Pashley and furiously pedaled home in her rose gold helmet like the wicked witch of the west. :m

• Haha

Wheelsbaby

video 1 (12,000 views) video 2 (13,000 views - in the first 2 days of posting) video 3 (~ to come)

If a total of 1,000 viewers click on a link x $4 commission each = $4,000

This is wayyy more than she actually spent on the haul.

Plus people who watch these videos, are often people who are already planning to shop the haul, and are thus VERY likely to click on the links.

Sorry if i keep harping on this issue, but I really think YouTuber Hauls are extremely insidious - it's not just spreading mindless consumerism (not great in itself) - they get PAID handsomely to PRETEND such hauls are "normal" and to encourage other people (who are spending their hard earned money!!) that they "need" these things regularly - when they themselves are simply profiting! If there were Zero commissions to be earned, I think we would not see half of these "hauls".

Not to mention, some YouTubers are extremely dishonest and actually return these items after they "haul" them, which means double the profits. Even if they don't return these items, these can all go towards business expense as a tax write-off because they show these items in their videos.

• Sick
Hey all— haven’t been able to keep up here as busy elsewhere but I did see some posts speculating on how much YTers earn.

personal experience as someone who has done YT (not active now as very busy with life but I have about 20k subs and a few videos with a few hundred K views).

all these YTers scramble for the Nordstrom anniversary sale bc it’s a huge money making opportunity. I have never done this for my channel as product promotion is not my core, but the videos I do have with affiliate links continue to generate me monthly income and I have very small viewership compared to someone like amie.

for one of their haul/ sale videos: Each item that a person clicks through on and buys earns 10% commission usually. A $500 bag? $50 to the YTer. If you happen to click on a link and not buy anything, that’s fine. The cookies are stored on your computer for at least a few days (sometimes up to a month) and then if you do buy anything—even if it’s not the $500 bag— that’s still 10% commission on whatever the final shopping cart is. So, click on a link and end up buying $1000 of other random stuff? $100 to the YT. Hence, if I were a business like amie runs, I too would be shopping the shit out of Nordstrom and Sephora and doing a big haul video in time with their big sales. I’m sure each one generates a ton of money (and they likely return a bunch of stuff that they’ve bought as well so the shopping “addiction” is actually a smart biz move). if I were purely money-focused, I would make similar videos.

amie, I am very sure, makes a comfortable 6 figures from YT even though she doesn’t have a huge audience vs other YTers. What she does have is an engaged, shopping obsessed audience who are likely clicking on a ton of her links. If I were her and making that on YT and enjoying it, I would probably quit my FT job as well.

this also doesn’t include ad revenue from YT. On this, you have to consider the fact that she has a huge library of videos all generating $ passively in addition to her new posts. The ad revs are for her category probably around $3-$10/ thousand views after YT’s cut. So a video with 100k views = at least $300 in her pocket on ad revenue. Again this is my personal experience targeting a similar audience as amie’s. Our rates may be different bc if diff geographies and not identical markets but that’s a safe estimate. Some times of year like Xmas, those rates can grow even higher. So, even though I don’t barely post videos, my small collection of past videos is still earning me 200-300$ monthly passively in ads (and then separate $$ for affiliate links) bc ppl keep watching old videos (and again, I’m very small comparatively).

personally, I find amie incredibly dull and have not watched a video of hers in years. But kudos to her biz savvy And work ethic. I remember being very impressed that she even bothers to keep her blog super updated and again, all linked up. It’s smart. She’s taking in a ton of $$$. It’s boring work IMO, but if she likes it— good on her. It’s making her wealthy.

So what does this mean for Elle. Well, as a lot of you have pointed out, unlike amie, Elle lacks work ethic especially in the Rick/ post-Rick era (I mean for YT, I do too. The difference is, I actually work otherwise). Her videos are shit on top of being incredibly boring (I also haven’t watched any Elle videos other than her house tours and to reference what you guys post on here haha). And then the lies!!! On top of lies!!!!

anyway, hard to say what Elle is making from YT. But if I take my channel (which again is like dead for all intents and purposes) and the fact that it’s still generating $300 passively every month thanks to ad rev + a few affiliate links, I can only assume that Elle (with her hugeeeee library of videos and aggressive linking designed to force ppl to click bc she doesn’t give any info away), is making at least $1-2k. Maybe upwards of 4-5k when she does post regularly a couple times a week.

no5 enough to sustain her lifestyle but add on her pearls and mommy’s $$, she can eke by without a job. But she needs to put in more work on her videos before her audience peters away.

• Wow

boredstrom

VIP Member
8 diamonds is a very special number for them guys! 1 Diamond for every month together! #loveofmylife

• Haha

LetThemEatLipstick

I have no idea about style or jewelry. It’s like I’m blind to fashion taste or something. But I can contribute that my brother got my SIL’s engagement ring commissioned by Tiffany’s. It’s huge and sparkly, and that’s all I know about how to describe it. It took several months to complete. So Rick must have started the engagement ring commission work a few weeks after he slid into Elle’s DMs, with her help because how would he know she wanted a yellow rock? How desperate for marriage was she that she wanted a ring from a divorced middle-age pervy stranger a few weeks after he greasily rekindled his desperate attempts at a young boob-clapping just-dumped single woman?
I would have been like DUDE WE JUST STARTED DATING, ARE YOU FUCKING PSYCHO. GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME, STOP TEXTING ME, WTF.
She was like YELLOW DIAMOND FOURTH FINGER LEFT HAND LOVE OF MY LIFE.

That’s AT BEST if the ring actually came from Tiffany’s like she claims. At worst, she’s exactly who we’ve always known her to be — a scamming, lying, manipulative, label-whoring, desperate, notice-me, you-wish-you-were-me high schooler trapped in a 30yo soft and untoned body, who wants us all to believe someone finally wanted her enough to commission a ring from Tiffany’s (no matter how chronologically implausible).

BTW my SIL loves her ring but would much rather have gotten something identical and not had to be out the thousands in “designer tax”. Because when you get married, his -$25K from his bank account becomes YOUR JOINT -$25K from your JOINT FUTURE. She’s not a pathetic label whore like Elle Florence, and values quality and economy over what OTHER people think of her. Imagine feeling proud that your whole life is defined by how OTHER people see you. I’m pretty sure my husband got my engagement ring from Amazon, and who knows what kind of rock is in it??? I really wouldn’t know either way. But we’re happily married. That’s all.

• Haha

202leda

If she decides to live in the US permanently and continues on the path she’s in now (re: dating with no commitment and spending like there’s no tomorrow) she’s going to have a very difficult life. Unlike most other countries the US doesn’t have financial safety nets when you’re old and unfortunately many of us (speaking from a middle class perspective) weren’t educated about investing for retirement and/or cannot afford to put away a portion of our paychecks to our 401ks because we’re too busy spending it on kids, home expenses, loan debt, etc. I’m fortunate that I’ve set up a couple IRAs and contribute to my 401K but I have friends who can’t and for some who have families to support and dont have the highest paying jobs, I don’t judge them for not being able to. I also have friends who don’t save and argue that they’ll work until they die but you can’t rely on your age and body. You never know how sick you’ll get or if you become disabled. Hell, I’m trying to do everything “perfectly” with my finances but I know if I got terminally ill I could become broke within a year or two.

Regardless about anyone’s feelings for Ginette, I do feel bad for her because it looks like she did everything right in terms of investing but she spoiled her daughter to the point where they’re both codependent on each other. Ginette should be enjoying her retirement but it seems as if she’s pissing her money away for spendthrift Elle who absolutely has no idea what she’s doing with herself.

If Elle is trying to rely on a man to support her, I’m sorry but she’s too late in the game...5 years ago she might have stood a chance but even then she’s not pretty enough (sorry) and doesn’t have the personality needed to draw these type of men. Her only shot now is to find a socially awkward, physically unattractive man who will probably be much older and is already paying alimony to his ex wife.

I also wanted to add why Elle’s 1950s Stepford wife mindset bothers me so much and I may have touched on this on GG. One of the many aspects of feminism was allowing women to work and not have to rely on men financially so that we could be independent and have more life choices. Because of our being able to work, we don’t have to worry about hoping to meet a man who makes enough to take care of us. We can escape a bad relationship or marriage if we have to. It was more difficult to do that a century ago and most likely you became a social pariah if you left your husband.

That said, there’s nothing wrong with being a kept woman and honestly, I am jealous that there are some women who don’t have to work or worry about money because their husbands make bank. But it’s a slap in the face for someone like Eleanor who likes to brag about working hard and having all these businesses when really they’re just overpriced, kiddie arts and crafts projects whilst she waits for her rich Prince Charming to walk into her life and take care of her.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

smt900

Right she really did. She made it sound like she wanted to get away and a new change of scenery but the fact that she mostly looked at British and Australian schools makes me think she mostly wanted to save time and effort.
My intuition says she also couldn't get into law school in Canada and chose to go abroad. Lots of Canadians do either law or medical school abroad if/when they can't get into school here.

It's not seen as prestigious to get your degree abroad, it's looked down upon because employers know you couldn't get into school in Canada.

LuvYoutube

Comment on the robes video:

Girl In Torino
Why don't you say lingerie like a normal English speaker? We know it's a French word but it's also been adopted into English.

Elle Florence
I think it just seems weird to me because French is my native language - sometimes I do and sometimes I don’t ❤

According to Ginette Elle hasn’t spoken French since she was 5!

• Haha