Eleanor Lecocq #4 Eat, Shop, Manhunt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think that will be the case tho!

The wealthy foreigners you are talking about will largely be Middle-eastern/East Asian/South Asian. Elle is such a snob that she regards her European root so much superior than these cultures and will never ever consider dating a guy from such background.

No offense to people from such backgrounds, me myself is from that too! That's why I know how white snob girls Elle will never even see my tribe as the same creature as herself.

For rich European guys, someone pointed out they'll see right through Elle's BS LOL.
Elle doesn't seem to have any POC friends or exes so I wouldn't be surprised at this but one of the dolls is married to someone whose East Asian and the wannabe blogger one seems to be dating a Middle Eastern guy so it's not unusual in her social circle and she seems to aspire to be like those girls. That being said, I don't think she'd really have a shot with the wealthy foreigner types you've mentioned. They almost always date within their culture and background or go for tall, leggy, blue/green-eyed blondes. I have no idea why this is (maybe Hollywood?) but that seems to be in the case in my limited experience (I currently live in and have lived in cities with a fairly large population of wealthy foreign guys of the types you mentioned).

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
She's got her Nordstrom gift guide up:

@0:59: "Definitely check out the links in these videos that I include..." = please, please, please click my affiliate links cause I'm strapped for cash.

@2:19: "I'm a size two, true to size" - no you't not. STOP LYING.

More of the boring Halogen cashmere sweaters, Eliza J dresses, barefoot dreams blankets and sweaters. Can't believe she's still into leopard print (I thought that was a Rick/swampland thing?)
Oh 🤢 gag me! I'm off to go hate watch.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Hey all— haven’t been able to keep up here as busy elsewhere but I did see some posts speculating on how much YTers earn.

personal experience as someone who has done YT (not active now as very busy with life but I have about 20k subs and a few videos with a few hundred K views).

all these YTers scramble for the Nordstrom anniversary sale bc it’s a huge money making opportunity. I have never done this for my channel as product promotion is not my core, but the videos I do have with affiliate links continue to generate me monthly income and I have very small viewership compared to someone like amie.

for one of their haul/ sale videos: Each item that a person clicks through on and buys earns 10% commission usually. A $500 bag? $50 to the YTer. If you happen to click on a link and not buy anything, that’s fine. The cookies are stored on your computer for at least a few days (sometimes up to a month) and then if you do buy anything—even if it’s not the $500 bag— that’s still 10% commission on whatever the final shopping cart is. So, click on a link and end up buying $1000 of other random stuff? $100 to the YT. Hence, if I were a business like amie runs, I too would be shopping the tit out of Nordstrom and Sephora and doing a big haul video in time with their big sales. I’m sure each one generates a ton of money (and they likely return a bunch of stuff that they’ve bought as well so the shopping “addiction” is actually a smart biz move). if I were purely money-focused, I would make similar videos.

amie, I am very sure, makes a comfortable 6 figures from YT even though she doesn’t have a huge audience vs other YTers. What she does have is an engaged, shopping obsessed audience who are likely clicking on a ton of her links. If I were her and making that on YT and enjoying it, I would probably quit my FT job as well.

this also doesn’t include ad revenue from YT. On this, you have to consider the fact that she has a huge library of videos all generating $ passively in addition to her new posts. The ad revs are for her category probably around $3-$10/ thousand views after YT’s cut. So a video with 100k views = at least $300 in her pocket on ad revenue. Again this is my personal experience targeting a similar audience as amie’s. Our rates may be different bc if diff geographies and not identical markets but that’s a safe estimate. Some times of year like Xmas, those rates can grow even higher. So, even though I don’t barely post videos, my small collection of past videos is still earning me 200-300$ monthly passively in ads (and then separate $$ for affiliate links) bc ppl keep watching old videos (and again, I’m very small comparatively).

personally, I find amie incredibly dull and have not watched a video of hers in years. But kudos to her biz savvy And work ethic. I remember being very impressed that she even bothers to keep her blog super updated and again, all linked up. It’s smart. She’s taking in a ton of $$$. It’s boring work IMO, but if she likes it— good on her. It’s making her wealthy.

So what does this mean for Elle. Well, as a lot of you have pointed out, unlike amie, Elle lacks work ethic especially in the Rick/ post-Rick era (I mean for YT, I do too. The difference is, I actually work otherwise). Her videos are tit on top of being incredibly boring (I also haven’t watched any Elle videos other than her house tours and to reference what you guys post on here haha). And then the lies!!! On top of lies!!!!

anyway, hard to say what Elle is making from YT. But if I take my channel (which again is like dead for all intents and purposes) and the fact that it’s still generating $300 passively every month thanks to ad rev + a few affiliate links, I can only assume that Elle (with her hugeeeee library of videos and aggressive linking designed to force ppl to click bc she doesn’t give any info away), is making at least $1-2k. Maybe upwards of 4-5k when she does post regularly a couple times a week.

no5 enough to sustain her lifestyle but add on her pearls and mommy’s $$, she can eke by without a job. But she needs to put in more work on her videos before her audience peters away.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
She's got her Nordstrom gift guide up:

@0:59: "Definitely check out the links in these videos that I include..." = please, please, please click my affiliate links cause I'm strapped for cash.

@2:19: "I'm a size two, true to size" - no you't not. STOP LYING.

More of the boring Halogen cashmere sweaters, Eliza J dresses, barefoot dreams blankets and sweaters. Can't believe she's still into leopard print (I thought that was a Rick/swampland thing?)
Ooooh I won't get a chance to tune in until later tonight or tomorrow. Remember when watching, OOTD and big hauls like this always have clues about Mr Next. Lots of bare feet? Foot Fetishist. Flannels? Country Music Man. Mentioning how everything was 80% off? Rick.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Ooooh I won't get a chance to tune in until later tonight or tomorrow. Remember when watching, OOTD and big hauls like this always have clues about Mr Next. Lots of bare feet? Foot Fetishist. Flannels? Country Music Man. Mentioning how everything was 80% off? Rick.
I forgot the flannels! She did include those ugly Rails plaid shirts that she always buys.

Reactions: 2
Hey all— haven’t been able to keep up here as busy elsewhere but I did see some posts speculating on how much YTers earn.

personal experience as someone who has done YT (not active now as very busy with life but I have about 20k subs and a few videos with a few hundred K views).

all these YTers scramble for the Nordstrom anniversary sale bc it’s a huge money making opportunity. I have never done this for my channel as product promotion is not my core, but the videos I do have with affiliate links continue to generate me monthly income and I have very small viewership compared to someone like amie.

for one of their haul/ sale videos: Each item that a person clicks through on and buys earns 10% commission usually. A $500 bag? $50 to the YTer. If you happen to click on a link and not buy anything, that’s fine. The cookies are stored on your computer for at least a few days (sometimes up to a month) and then if you do buy anything—even if it’s not the $500 bag— that’s still 10% commission on whatever the final shopping cart is. So, click on a link and end up buying $1000 of other random stuff? $100 to the YT. Hence, if I were a business like amie runs, I too would be shopping the tit out of Nordstrom and Sephora and doing a big haul video in time with their big sales. I’m sure each one generates a ton of money (and they likely return a bunch of stuff that they’ve bought as well so the shopping “addiction” is actually a smart biz move). if I were purely money-focused, I would make similar videos.

amie, I am very sure, makes a comfortable 6 figures from YT even though she doesn’t have a huge audience vs other YTers. What she does have is an engaged, shopping obsessed audience who are likely clicking on a ton of her links. If I were her and making that on YT and enjoying it, I would probably quit my FT job as well.

this also doesn’t include ad revenue from YT. On this, you have to consider the fact that she has a huge library of videos all generating $ passively in addition to her new posts. The ad revs are for her category probably around $3-$10/ thousand views after YT’s cut. So a video with 100k views = at least $300 in her pocket on ad revenue. Again this is my personal experience targeting a similar audience as amie’s. Our rates may be different bc if diff geographies and not identical markets but that’s a safe estimate. Some times of year like Xmas, those rates can grow even higher. So, even though I don’t barely post videos, my small collection of past videos is still earning me 200-300$ monthly passively in ads (and then separate $$ for affiliate links) bc ppl keep watching old videos (and again, I’m very small comparatively).

personally, I find amie incredibly dull and have not watched a video of hers in years. But kudos to her biz savvy And work ethic. I remember being very impressed that she even bothers to keep her blog super updated and again, all linked up. It’s smart. She’s taking in a ton of $$$. It’s boring work IMO, but if she likes it— good on her. It’s making her wealthy.

So what does this mean for Elle. Well, as a lot of you have pointed out, unlike amie, Elle lacks work ethic especially in the Rick/ post-Rick era (I mean for YT, I do too. The difference is, I actually work otherwise). Her videos are tit on top of being incredibly boring (I also haven’t watched any Elle videos other than her house tours and to reference what you guys post on here haha). And then the lies!!! On top of lies!!!!

anyway, hard to say what Elle is making from YT. But if I take my channel (which again is like dead for all intents and purposes) and the fact that it’s still generating $300 passively every month thanks to ad rev + a few affiliate links, I can only assume that Elle (with her hugeeeee library of videos and aggressive linking designed to force ppl to click bc she doesn’t give any info away), is making at least $1-2k. Maybe upwards of 4-5k when she does post regularly a couple times a week.

no5 enough to sustain her lifestyle but add on her pearls and mommy’s $$, she can eke by without a job. But she needs to put in more work on her videos before her audience peters away.

Thanks so much for this ! Yes! Youtubers make bank $$$

A close family Friend of mine has about 150k views on her blog per month (and is savvy about monetizing) and makes $10k+ / month from affiliates alone.

People severely underestimate how much influencers make & hence don’t realize how insidious their videos on shopping and materialism really are - they’re making a lot of easy money & they get to write off purchases as tax expense or just film hauls and return them

Plus Nordstrom actually sponsors people to do hauls / give big gift cards to influencers - including luxury high end retailers like far fetch and net a porter - so a lot of “hauls” are just free items anyways or heavily discounted

• Heart
Reactions: 11
She wants everyone to checkout her affiliate links in the description box because she’s taken quite a lot of time to link them 😒

• Sick
Reactions: 10
Thanks so much for this ! Yes! Youtubers make bank $$$

A close family Friend of mine has about 150k views on her blog per month (and is savvy about monetizing) and makes $10k+ / month from affiliates alone.

People severely underestimate how much influencers make & hence don’t realize how insidious their videos on shopping and materialism really are - they’re making a lot of easy money & they get to write off purchases as tax expense or just film hauls and return them

Plus Nordstrom actually sponsors people to do hauls / give big gift cards to influencers - including luxury high end retailers like far fetch and net a porter - so a lot of “hauls” are just free items anyways or heavily discounted
so true. I am happy to support YTers /bloggers/Etc who work hard and are genuine/ honest in products they recommend (sometimes, I really just need a rec for an eyeliner and if someone else has done the research, I will support their work by clicking on their links and using their codes), but these rampant hauls are very gross to me. Which is also why I could never make my channel go that route. It’s against my sense of ethics.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I followed Elle and Miss Louie around the same time when I was researching for Nordy Anniversary sale. Many years has passed, I'm really impressed with Miss Louie's work ethic and how much her channel has progressed. Yes admittedly she is doing that full-time, but isn't Smelley also doing that full-time now?

Check out Miss Louie's new Nordy video and see how professionally done it is. Makes Smelley's video look like a joke.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
She wants everyone to checkout her affiliate links in the description box because she’s taken quite a lot of time to link them 😒
Her thirst to plug the holes in her soul with more clothes, bags, and shoes is something else. Never misses a chance for more money to spend trying to make the ache go away.

• Sick
  • Haha
I followed Elle and Miss Louie at around the same time when I was researching for Nordy Anniversary sale. Many years has passed, I'm really impressed with Miss Louie's work ethic and how much her channel has progressed. Yes admittedly she is doing that full-time, but isn't Smelley also doing that full-time now?

Check out Miss Louie's new Nordy video and see how professionally done it is. Makes Smelley's video look like a joke.

Nice find! I'll definitely check her out and that's a generous giveaway. I didn't know bloggers could get their own landing pages on Nordstrom!

Reactions: 2
Nice find! I'll definitely check her out and that's a generous giveaway. I didn't know bloggers could get their own landing pages on Nordstrom!
Miss Louie's other fashion videos are also 200x better than Elle's. But just to compare apples to apples: they started at around the same time, both got a lot of traffic from Nordy sale videos, and look how different the outcome is!

• Wow
I followed Elle and Miss Louie around the same time when I was researching for Nordy Anniversary sale. Many years has passed, I'm really impressed with Miss Louie's work ethic and how much her channel has progressed. Yes admittedly she is doing that full-time, but isn't Smelley also doing that full-time now?

Miss Louie has a nice personality though. She's down to earth, upbeat, and not Snotty and doesn't mix her personal life with youtube.

As for dating East Asians or other ethnicities, let me say that love hits you when you least expect it. I'm a minority myself (specifically East Asian) and my last 2 long term relationships were with White guys who never dated outside their race before me. In fact, all their ex-GFs were blonde and blue eyed. When they asked me out, I thought it was a joke and thought "but I thought you only liked blondes". You can't really predict these things - sometimes we fall in love with someone we never expected and where and when we least expect it.

This is why I find Elle's dating habits unfathomable. Instead of living her life and letting her personal affairs fall into place, she's actively seeking men out (aka manhunting) while having no job and no real hobbies. No good man would take her.

Reactions: 8
Oh good, Elle treats us all to some very obvious cues for when she is about to embellish/exaggerate by touching her hair / breaking eye contact:

1:13
9:17
11:00
15:30

She does this every time she says something she knows isn’t true. Why even do it if you’re just going to give away that you’re lying?

Reactions: 10
For the life of me, I can't figure out what Elle is doing in Seattle besides using Ginette's money.

Reactions: 8
I can’t watch Miss Louie. Her phlegmy voice and GIGANTIC head are just so off-putting to me. Also can’t stand that she quit her day job to be a fashion blogger. I get that it’s a great living, but it still rubs me the wrong way to this day. I dunno - I know it’s an unpopular opinion.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Oh good, Elle treats us all to some very obvious cues for when she is about to embellish/exaggerate by touching her hair / breaking eye contact:

She does this every time she says something she knows isn’t true. Why even do it if you’re just going to give away that you’re lying?
I saw your post and did a double take at your profile pic because I thought Dicky had clipped back for a sec. :ROFLMAO:

Is it just me or does her voice crack like she's about to cry in some spots? And that lisp. When she was describing her kettle, it sounded like she was trying hard not to swallow her tongue. 😣

Reactions: 3

Hmmmm, and she has access to a ton of her mom's money. Brb inviting Elle to a high stakes poker game.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.