Eleanor Lecocq #4 Eat, Shop, Manhunt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m kind of impressed with the other Doll who is a sommelier and owns that huge house and vineyards in rural BC (Elle showed a glimpse of it in one of her vlogs where she was visiting Vancouver to pick up Beebee).
Me too! Now if she ever decided to start a YT channel, I'd definitely subscribe and tune in. I'd never get tired of seeing that beautiful backdrop and learning about the wine making process!

Reactions: 6
What a pointless, insipid video. Also I got two 15 second ads on her video that I couldn't skip over. I don't remember that happening before, before it seemed like her ads were skippable. Maybe money is tighter now.

Reactions: 7
I have no idea about style or jewelry. It’s like I’m blind to fashion taste or something. But I can contribute that my brother got my SIL’s engagement ring commissioned by Tiffany’s. It’s huge and sparkly, and that’s all I know about how to describe it. It took several months to complete. So Rick must have started the engagement ring commission work a few weeks after he slid into Elle’s DMs, with her help because how would he know she wanted a yellow rock? How desperate for marriage was she that she wanted a ring from a divorced middle-age pervy stranger a few weeks after he greasily rekindled his desperate attempts at a young boob-clapping just-dumped single woman?
I would have been like DUDE WE JUST STARTED DATING, ARE YOU bleeping PSYCHO. GET THE duck AWAY FROM ME, STOP TEXTING ME, WTF.
She was like YELLOW DIAMOND FOURTH FINGER LEFT HAND LOVE OF MY LIFE.

That’s AT BEST if the ring actually came from Tiffany’s like she claims. At worst, she’s exactly who we’ve always known her to be — a scamming, lying, manipulative, label-whoring, desperate, notice-me, you-wish-you-were-me high schooler trapped in a 30yo soft and untoned body, who wants us all to believe someone finally wanted her enough to commission a ring from Tiffany’s (no matter how chronologically implausible).

BTW my SIL loves her ring but would much rather have gotten something identical and not had to be out the thousands in “designer tax”. Because when you get married, his -$25K from his bank account becomes YOUR JOINT -$25K from your JOINT FUTURE. She’s not a pathetic label bleep like Elle Florence, and values quality and economy over what OTHER people think of her. Imagine feeling proud that your whole life is defined by how OTHER people see you. I’m pretty sure my husband got my engagement ring from Amazon, and who knows what kind of rock is in it??? I really wouldn’t know either way. But we’re happily married. That’s all.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I have no idea about style or jewelry. It’s like I’m blind to fashion taste or something. But I can contribute that my brother got my SIL’s engagement ring commissioned by Tiffany’s. It’s huge and sparkly, and that’s all I know about how to describe it. It took several months to complete. So Rick must have started the engagement ring commission work a few weeks after he slid into Elle’s DMs, with her help because how would he know she wanted a yellow rock? How desperate for marriage was she that she wanted a ring from a divorced middle-age pervy stranger a few weeks after he greasily rekindled his desperate attempts at a young boob-clapping just-dumped single woman?
I would have been like DUDE WE JUST STARTED DATING, ARE YOU bleeping PSYCHO. GET THE duck AWAY FROM ME, STOP TEXTING ME, WTF.
She was like YELLOW DIAMOND FOURTH FINGER LEFT HAND LOVE OF MY LIFE.

That’s AT BEST if the ring actually came from Tiffany’s like she claims. At worst, she’s exactly who we’ve always known her to be — a scamming, lying, manipulative, label-whoring, desperate, notice-me, you-wish-you-were-me high schooler trapped in a 30yo soft and untoned body, who wants us all to believe someone finally wanted her enough to commission a ring from Tiffany’s (no matter how chronologically implausible).

BTW my SIL loves her ring but would much rather have gotten something identical and not had to be out the thousands in “designer tax”. Because when you get married, his -$25K from his bank account becomes YOUR JOINT -$25K from your JOINT FUTURE. She’s not a pathetic label bleep like Elle Florence, and values quality and economy over what OTHER people think of her. Imagine feeling proud that your whole life is defined by how OTHER people see you. I’m pretty sure my husband got my engagement ring from Amazon, and who knows what kind of rock is in it??? I really wouldn’t know either way. But we’re happily married. That’s all.
Tiffany's diamond engagement rings basically start at a minimum of 10k and only go up as the carat gets bigger, cut/clarity/quality is better, etc. and I'd imagine your brother's customized one was even more expensive. There is no way Mr. Can't even buy a 10 dollar IKEA TV stand Rickets would have had the knowledge, interest, or capital to buy Eleanor a customized Tiffany's ring. Definitely a LIE. The fact that Smelley didn't bother to do a video on the ring speaks VOLUMES given she's done that for their sterling silver jewelry.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Baldness is pretty common in men (including wealthy ones) so I'm not entirely sure about that part but I do think overall, Joe is probably quite average relative to the sorts of men that the Dolls are dating or aspire to date.
Joe is great, but... the man is balding. My husband is too, and I do not care at all. Same goes for my greying roots and no-makeup days - I try not to let what others think affect how I feel.

But, you know that Joe's balding was something Elle probably thought about. She is so image conscious that I'm sure it bothered her but his ability to put up with her and spend $10,000+ on furniture for their home obviously made her overlook it.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
But none of her boyfriends were the kind of guy that women would love to be with 😜 Neither physically or personality-wise.

Chris - condescending, rude, balding, short English guy that thought he was the best thing since sliced bread. Impressionable 24-year old Smelle fell for the industrial-vibe condo he owned and a tiny convertible

Joe - taller than Chris but also slightly balding. Nice smile but big ears. Got mean and snarky with time. Didn't own a car but at least he could drive.

Rickets - hairy and pompous granola divorcé that embellishes the truth, just like his ex-fiancée. I'd say he was best suited for Smelle in terms of personality. Bad match in terms of outlook on money.

I belive she goes for men that are either unattractive or not very conventionally attractive because when she gets dolled up, she looks 'out of their league' and uses their pride ('Look at me, my girlfriend is an arm candy') as a leverage to get things from them - 'I'm trying so hard to always look beautiful for you, won't you treat me to a dinner out/ pay the rent/ buy me a pair of earrings?'

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
But none of her boyfriends were handsome 😂
Chris - condescending, rude, balding, short English guy that thought he was the best thing since sliced bread. Impressionable 24-year old Smelle fell for the industrial-vibe condo he owned and a tiny convertible

Joe - taller than Chris but also slightly balding. Nice smile but big ears. Got mean and snarky with time. Didn't own a car but at least he could drive.

Rickets - hairy and pompous granola divorcé that embellishes the truth, just like his ex-fiancée. I'd say he was best suited for Smelle in terms of personality. Bad match in terms of outlook on money.
I'll give Elle that - despite the preening and obsession with her image, she seems to have a clear idea of her status in the dating market and has chosen her partners accordingly. Girlboss might pretend to be a classy princess but when the situation becomes real, she's willing to take pretty much anyone with XY chromosomes who makes decent money and is willing to let her spend some of it to upgrade her life. She's gotta be one of the most pragmatic women ever, because she will literally pick anyone who gives her what she wants (lifestyle upgrade, expensive things, a proposal) and doesn't think twice about their attractiveness, personality, or compatibility.

Reactions: 12
But none of her boyfriends were handsome 😂

I still think Joe was cute. And looks aren't everything. But in all honestly why hasn't Elle dated any handsome guys? Like I don't have much going for me look wise other than being thin and I've got a nice looking boyfriend (and it isn't just me being sappy, I've had people tell me , with a tone of surprise that he's handsome)

I feel like in photos Elle generally looks good and she's slim; so how have none of her boyfriends been generally attractive? Is it a personality thing? Because she doesn't really have one outside of shopping and watching lifetime/hallmark movies.

I'll give Elle that - despite the preening and obsession with her image, she seems to have a clear idea of her status in the dating market and has chosen her partners accordingly. Girlboss might pretend to be a classy princess but when the situation becomes real, she's willing to take pretty much anyone with XY chromosomes who makes decent money and is willing to let her spend some of it to upgrade her life. She's gotta be one of the most pragmatic women ever, because she will literally pick anyone who gives her what she wants (lifestyle upgrade, expensive things, a proposal) and doesn't think twice about their attractiveness, personality, or compatibility.
Lol I think you are on to something about compatibility! It does seem like once she starts looking she picks the best financial option and the one she thinks might propose the soonest. Not does she actually like this person, do they have similar interests?
She assumed SS needed a mom for his kid and assumed Rick was so desperate for female company.

• Heart
  • Haha
I still think Joe was cute. And looks aren't everything. But in all honestly why hasn't Elle dated any handsome guys? Like I don't have much going for me look wise other than being thin and I've got a nice looking boyfriend (and it isn't just me being sappy, I've had people tell me , with a tone of surprise that he's handsome)

I feel like in photos Elle generally looks good and she's slim; so how have none of her boyfriends been generally attractive? Is it a personality thing? Because she doesn't really have one outside of shopping and watching lifetime/hallmark movies.
I think Elle is slim relative to the average North American, but girls as slim as she is (or more so) with much better bodies and are taller are a dime a dozen for guys with jobs like Chris or Joe. She's also really, really plain without 10 pounds of makeup and pageant hair and I think the contrast between her made-up face and her real face is pretty jarring. Most good-looking, smart and successful guys I know have tons of options and if they were to choose a partner based on looks alone, they'd pick someone whose naturally beautiful and Elle is nowhere there even with her plastic surgery. If they picked a person for the overall package, Elle's personality, lack of career development/hobbies, and general boringness would definitely turn them off. Just my 2 cents.

Also she seems like a golddigger with the way she spends and takes advantage of men once she moves in. I think a lot of guys would be wary of that.

Lol I think you are on to something about compatibility! It does seem like once she starts looking she picks the best financial option and the one she thinks might propose the soonest. Not does she actually like this person, do they have similar interests?
She assumed SS needed a mom for his kid and assumed Rick was so desperate for female company.
If her exes and she had anything in common, I couldn’t really tell lol. I guess her and Chris were both weirdly snotty and her and Rickets are both liars who pronounce things funny but that’s about it.

I don’t know how she’ll find a man with similar interests if her sole interests are spending money at Nordstrom, rodents, and lying because she’s delusional about reality.:unsure:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Just some thoughts on Rick's yellow ring scandal:

- he is too practical to spend $$$ on a full out brand new, custom tiffany ring
- if it is tiffany (and i don't think it is), he bought it second hand
- my guess is he either bought it second hand for maybe $5000? or its "custom" from a generic jeweller to look like the Tiffany Soleste collection.

Also Elle loves to brag and show off EVERYTHING that's worth any money and is branded, so her choosing not to do a ring video means it's not Tiffany and she was embarrassed by it, or it's second hand Tiffany and she was embarrassed by that.

Neither one are actually anything to be ashamed of, but to Elle it would be the end of the world and a real hit to her "luxury" image.

And I did scroll back on her IG of the 2013 pic of the Tiffany yellow rings that another poster had pointed out. There were two comments on the photo, both of which were her (the other commenter must not exist anymore) and she said it was "a hint for boyfriend", so whoever she dated in 2013 (Chris? or was he later than that) clearly didn't want the hint...

Rick super creeper extraordinaire however, probably creeped all of her photos back to 2013 and knew she liked yellow diamonds, hence why he got her one. It's totally not her taste now, but she couldn't very well act like she didn't like it. She totally hated that yellow ring but wanted to get married so badly that she pretended to like it (and Rick for that matter).

Reactions: 10
Just some thoughts on Rick's yellow ring scandal:
- he is too practical to spend $$$ on a full out brand new, custom tiffany ring
- if it is tiffany (and i don't think it is), he bought it second hand
- my guess is he either bought it second hand for maybe $5000? or its "custom" from a generic jeweller to look like the Tiffany Soleste collection.
I add one more possibility:
- The woman behind the counter at pawn and check cashing shop out on the highway was wearing a nametag that said 'Tiffany'

I find Elle never 100% lies. There's always that 1% of truth to what she says. That would have been enough for her to run with.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
It's also possible the stone is an "heirloom" Tiffany from Elle's mom/family. Ginette could have provided it to the happy couple, which they then "custom" designed into a setting the princess fancied. Therefore, "custom Tiffany."

I think Elle is slim relative to the average North American, but girls as slim as she is (or more so) with much better bodies and are taller are a dime a dozen for guys with jobs like Chris or Joe. She's also really, really plain without 10 pounds of makeup and pageant hair and I think the contrast between her made-up face and her real face is pretty jarring. Most good-looking, smart and successful guys I know have tons of options and if they were to choose a partner based on looks alone, they'd pick someone whose naturally beautiful and Elle is nowhere there even with her plastic surgery. If they picked a person for the overall package, Elle's personality, lack of career development/hobbies, and general boringness would definitely turn them off. Just my 2 cents.
THIS is the reason they never last. None of them were traditionally handsome, but Chris and Joe at least had something going for them, careeer-wise. Rickets, maybe on paper, seemed okay. I think unless a guy is primarily into image/looks and just wants an attractive woman to be seen on his arm, he will always pick someone who is at least interesting, funny, smart, and interested in the same hobbies. I know that for a lot of my male friends who are well-established in their careers, ambition also matters. They would rather not be with someone who just zeroed in on them and presented her eggs for insemination. 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
They would rather not be with someone who just zeroed in on them and presented her eggs for insemination. 😂
A couple more of these 'two years and run for the hills' boyfriends and she's going to start having to present them for preservation.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
THIS is the reason they never last. None of them were traditionally handsome, but Chris and Joe at least had something going for them, careeer-wise. Rickets, maybe on paper, seemed okay. I think unless a guy is primarily into image/looks and just wants an attractive woman to be seen on his arm, he will always pick someone who is at least interesting, funny, smart, and interested in the same hobbies. I know that for a lot of my male friends who are well-established in their careers, ambition also matters. They would rather not be with someone who just zeroed in on them and presented her eggs for insemination. 😂
Yeah, I totally agree as well. I think the main thing with Elle is that she's just boring. Nothing interesting. She has no greater interest in life than making herself look good for youtube. She's predictable and transparent. People can read her like a book just by watching her videos, imagine how it would be for someone living with her. You could probably sell her the Brooklyn Bridge if you praised her as elegant ladylike girlboss often enough.

I remember a deleted vlogmas video when she was with Joe, she had bought the shoes with the cat face on them, and then she showed them to Joe and was trying to be cutesy about it, and I dunno, it was just so cringe. It's like she was always desperate for their approval.

Reactions: 7
And I did scroll back on her IG of the 2013 pic of the Tiffany yellow rings that another poster had pointed out. There were two comments on the photo, both of which were her (the other commenter must not exist anymore) and she said it was "a hint for boyfriend", so whoever she dated in 2013 (Chris? or was he later than that) clearly didn't want the hint...
The video where she announced she's moving in with Chris was posted September 2015. Would she have hinted at a ring two years before they moved in together?

Reactions: 2
The video where she announced she's moving in with Chris was posted September 2015. Would she have hinted at a ring two years before they moved in together?
I don't know when they started dating but I feel like they moved in together after dating for a while (unlike her and Joe or Rickets) and after a few months, he broke up with her and kicked her out of his loft. She did her loft tour in Sept 2015 and her empty apartment tour in early March 2016, and also mentioned in that video that she had been living in a furnished place for two months before finding the apartment, which implies he kicked her out around January (4 months after moving in together).

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.