Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

thecatlass

VIP Member
Girl is all about TREATING HERSELF. I swear she probably gets herself a celebratory gift every morning after she takes a $hit 🤦‍♂️ Before she lived with Joe, she treated herself to a pair of diamond studs (btw, she massively overpaid for them) as a treat to herself for launching her JeWeLLeRy LiNe. With any serious business, the first several years are usually about making loss and not having much cash for splurging on the boss' whims as the money made is being invested into the venture. She probably had sold none of her shoddy creations at the point of getting those studs 😂

I'm telling you, she'd drive Amazon on the brink of bankruptcy if she ever was the boss there.

Honestly, if it wasn't for her gullible subscribers who can't tell her entire YT persona is fake because they think all they see on the Internet is real, she'd be broke a long time ago.

• Haha
Reactions: 16

202leda

God, I always found this really annoying about her before she broke up with Joe. Aside from her general snobbery (talking condescendingly towards service workers and just being out of touch with reality), her pretending to be this hardworking, high earning Renaissance woman annoyed the crap out of me because it was ALWAYS OBVIOUS to me that she just wanted to be taken care of and is an overall lazy person.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to be kept and wanting to have a partner who makes more (AND WE HAVE TALKED ABOUT THIS AT LENGTH ON GG), but stop pretending that your life is busy when all you do is eyefuck yourself every time you turn on your camera and you just want to buy useless, UGLY shit around the house without anything for your poor cats.

To me, the only reasons she started her YouTube channel was to show everyone she’s much more than what her high school students thought about her and to earn an easy income off it so she can spend it on frivolous shit for herself. That’s it. She doesn’t have the drive or creativity to be a successful influencer, not to mention her personality sucks and she is a condescending bitch to her followers when they ask something harmless or if they trigger her.

I really don’t expect a lot from Elle and no one really should, either. Her only hope now if she wants to find a rich man (because it’s pretty obvious how thirsty she is given all the boob shots she’s been showing lately) is if she goes for a super ugly, older guy who isn’t much of a catch like she is.

• Heart

LetThemEatLipstick

I’m fluent in two languages. Like defended-my-undergraduate-mech-eng-senior-research-and-thesis-in-my-second-language fluent. Like work-on-projects-based-in-that-foreign-country-in-that-foreign-language fluent.
Academically, professionally, and colloquially.
But I don’t call that second language my “native language” even though my parents are from that country, I only communicate with them in that language, and I only spoke that language up to the age of 5 (just like Elle... hint, this is when kindergarten starts).
My native language is still English because that’s what I spoke in school up until I moved to a foreign country, that’s what my thoughts form in, and that’s what I’m most comfortable expressing myself adequately and fully in.

Elle stopped speaking French fluently at age 5 (26 years ago, according to her own mother. Also, when was the last time anyone spoke to a 5 year old... they’re BARELY fluent in any language. My kiddo just turned 6.), and according to actual French speakers, she doesn’t express herself fluently in French... so... how is it her native language?

• Heart

Leanna34

Long time lurker, Canadian lawyer (from BC) here. This is such a guilty pleasure for me as a young lawyer and a little bit scary because I don’t want to be like Elle.
As much as I love to hate on Elle ( I found her while I was looking for outfit ideas for work) common law is 2 years. I am interested in how Elle managed to get an articling position with mccarthys as it is quite a good firm. That being said, to be fair I think the comments about her not being a lawyer are not warranted because she did get her license and is qualified as a lawyer in B.C., though non practicing. I can also confirm and am a little familiar with investigator positions- it is not the same as in house counsel. So at most she would be a non practising lawyer pursuing a different path. There are many lawyers in America and Canada who stop practicing but still call themselves lawyers ( ie legal recruitment) but to say she is in house counsel is a big stretch as an investigator because you don’t need a law degree to be one in most cases.

boredstrom

VIP Member
Just some thoughts on Rick's yellow ring scandal:
- he is too practical to spend $$$ on a full out brand new, custom tiffany ring
- if it is tiffany (and i don't think it is), he bought it second hand
- my guess is he either bought it second hand for maybe $5000? or its "custom" from a generic jeweller to look like the Tiffany Soleste collection.
I add one more possibility:
- The woman behind the counter at pawn and check cashing shop out on the highway was wearing a nametag that said 'Tiffany'

I find Elle never 100% lies. There's always that 1% of truth to what she says. That would have been enough for her to run with.

• Haha
  • Heart

LetThemEatLipstick

But, she probably found out that keeping it up was a lot of work, and unlike youtube, didn't give her a very good outlet for bragging, so it fell by the wayside.
It’s like she’s allergic to working hard. Nothing wrong with that, but OWN IT. Don’t keep perpetuating the “work ‘til you drop” hustle-culture IF YOU’RE NOT EVEN LIVING IT. Because then you’re unable to give actual perspective on how it’s draining and not as fulfilling as many people think. You can’t provide insight into the ups (there are many) AND DOWNS (there are also many) of the life of a busy career woman, you can only pretend to be one and portray a fantasy lifestyle that doesn’t even begin to mirror reality (hello, that’s why we’re all here. Things weren’t adding up).

She’s literally adding to the toxicity without even producing anything for society (at least have something to show for all your *eyefuck* “I’m so busy” *eyefuck, eyefuck* talk. And no, I don’t mean $400 arts & crafts pearl bead necklaces or price-gouging Nepalese families). She’s the mathematical definition of a NEGATIVE value add to society.

• Haha
  • Heart

APoppy

That’s true, I forgot about her white lie with her engagement ring. 😂🙄 There is no way Rick could afford Tiffany’s anything; I certainly can’t afford any of their fine jewelry, but I know enough that Tiffany’s wouldn’t deign to make custom jewelry for small fry like Dickles.

Still, though, how can Elle not know how crappy her tennis bracelet is? She has those diamond studs and while they were overpriced, they are still much nicer and whiter than her bracelet. She tries to play off how much she knows about gemstones and jewelry and yet she doesn't seem to mind wearing crappy pearls and diamonds. 🙄

Sorry if I am coming off as snobby. I have cheap, mall brand jewelry myself and most of the jewelry I own is more sentimental to me than actually valuable. But I definitely would not keep an ex’s gifted jewelry unless I knew it was super expensive...and even then I’d still try to see how much money I could make off it. 😂😂😈
Here’s my take on the ring:
There is a ring that looked just like Elles on the Tiffany website. It was posted on the GG thread and I think it started at $10K. No way Rick could afford that. I bet Elle let him know that is the ring she wants, he took a photo of the ring to a jeweller and had a custom made ring for a cheaper price. That’s how Elle got to calling her ring a custom Tiffany.

• Haha

Sheepsmeadow

Here’s the thing: there’s nothing wrong with how Elle looks, including her body. She has imperfections, but so do most people, and she doesn’t stop traffic, but neither does 99.9% of the population on planet earth. The issue is she tries too hard to look “beautiful”, and added to this, she eye-fucks herself in videos that she then uploads for thousands to see. So of course we are going to criticize her looks. And of course no matter how hard she tries, she will fail to impress — an overly done up face or hairstyle never looks good. (Not to mention that she has horrible taste and spends thousands on trying to look good, but that’s beside the point.)

Last edited:
  • Heart

Sheepsmeadow

Quiting her job and moving to Florida was the dumbest decision Elle ever made (if she wasn't fired). She can stay at her MFDA of Canada job and look for other law work, work pro-bono, etc... on the side. Rick could have moved to Vancouver (his law degree is transferable to Canada, Elle's is not transferable to the USA) if he really loved her and wanted to be with her.

Elle makes one poor decisions after another. Let me tell you, losing your job is a way worse feeling than being dumped. And Rick is hardly a catch that she needs to move to Florida to pursue him.
Agree! Who the hell quits their job and moves to another country just like that? Didn’t know Rick could have worked in Canada. That makes it even worse that she did that! I mean, why, Elle? Because he owned a shitty house down there and had a job at a community college? And then she continued to stay in the US! She still hasn’t caught on that the US is - country in decline? What I would give to live in Canada! (Okay, the truth is I love my job and where I live, but if I could also magically also have Canada’s government and institutions I would be in paradise. I would never just “choose” to live in the US because my mother happens to be across the Pacific in the same country.)

• Heart

Phoebe.Tallulah

So "custom Tiffany" means "Tiffany dupe." So.much.lies. She really is great at twisting details about her life to make it fit the narrative she wants.
EXACTLY!! If it was genuine I wouldn't put it past her to link it even though it'd have been super tacky to do so, but I think someone with such an extensive Tiffany collection would take the time to show the ring, show the box and packaging and talk about the warranty/cleaning/upgrade services offered with Tiffany jewelry. Seeing as she did none of that it kind of confirms it was all a very embellished story. Hey Elle - care to comment?? lol

• Heart
Reactions: 15

thecatlass

VIP Member
I think Elle was low key ashamed of being with Rick so she didn’t feature him as much in vlogs/videos. She made sure Rick presented himself in a way that fit her narrative. I think Elle was borderline controlling (I.e. she told him to delete Rick’s IG picture of his makeshift beer box tv stand 😂). Plus when she went back to Vancouver to meet with the dolls and get Beebee, she probably exaggerated about how good of a lawyer and prof Rick was and was low key relieved that the Dolls would never have to meet Rick because of the distance 🤣

In her apartment tour video, we already saw a glimpse of the “new collection” (She was covering it with her hand). Elle’s extent of creativity and imagination is really limited to that of a 6-year-old.....even that could be insulting to 6-year-olds

You could see how tired, annoyed, and defeated he looked on camera every time Elle came home with bags and boxes of new stuff. He finally realized that this wasn’t the Joe and Elle show but rather, the Elle show with Joe on the side who’s supposed to foot the rent every month and remain as an afterthought because he was only good enough for Coach. I was shocked that Joe gave Elle a tennis bracelet and Elle dragged him to the jewellers to pay an extra $200 for the broken clasp. After living with Elle for 2-3 months, he probably had an “oh shit” moment and was dying to get out of there.
A long time ago, people mentioned on GG that the tennis bracelet wasn't high quality and it probably cost around $600 rather than thousands (the usual price of such bracelet). The diamonds didn't have much sparkle, they suspected he got it from Amazon or eBay 😂 It definitely wasn't by a well-known maker, otherwise Smelle wouldn't have to look for somebody to fix the clasp - she'd just take it back to the store where Joe purchased it and they'd have definitely fixed it for free. I remember the vlog where she dragged Joe to the jeweller at lunchtime and made a big deal of how Joe, the gift-giver, would need to TALK NUMBERS with the jeweller. She tried to portray her boyfriend as this prince on a white horse but you could tell the guy only went to the jeweller with her because she must have been doing his head in for days about that damn clasp 😂 Even the fact it was her who had to look around for a suitable jeweller is telling. If Joe really cared about pleasing her and sorting out the faulty bracelet, he'd have done everything in his power to get it fixed without dragging Smelle into this.

Also, more than money issues, I think Joe detested Smelle's vapid personality and lack of compatibility. After a long week of work, his idea of a good weekend was probably either chilling at home or doing something outdoorsy. Instead, he'd end up having to go back to the office because at home there wasn't a single bit of space left for him and his laptop Smelle's crap (aka heirloom pieces) took over the entire place or he'd be dragged to some miserable posh luncheon with passive aggressive bitchy Vancouver socialites.

Last edited:

LetThemEatLipstick

Here’s something interesting...

Yesterday Elle posted a private Instagram post. Shared to only specific followers of hers. You can tell because it’s not shown on her main page. A few of my several finstas 😇 were “invited” to this private showing of camera panning around a zoo, then at a millisecond shot of her legs propped up on a coffee table at the end 🤢 (I confirmed by checking each device, some could view the post, one couldn’t). She’s trying to smoke us out to determine which of her followers are still starry-eyed Stans, and which of them are posters here. I’ll just create some new finstas once she catches on to which are mine. It’s kind of sad that of the 200 or so “likes” she has on the post from Stans, a handful of them were from me.

1596754144227.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha

thecatlass

VIP Member
Smelle, since you're an avid reader of Tattle, here's my suggestion for your 100th launch in 2020:

slodka-bielizna.jpg

• Haha

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
I noticed she’ll say “at the wee-KEND”. Is this a Canadian thing, or another attempt to be something she’s not (in this case, British)? I usually say “this weekend”.

Oh, and “raspberries”, “blackberries”, and “blueberries” become “ “rasp-burries”, “blawk-burries”, and “blue-burries”. I think that’s a British pronunciation, not so much Canadian, right?
No one says “at the wee-KEND” here - we say it the same way as most Americans. She’s pretending to be an extra on Downton Abbey. 🙄

Hey! Can we keep the discussion directed at Elle? I know some of these offshoot discussions are relevant but lately it’s been 75% just Amie and 25% Elle.
Smelley Florence, so boring that people on her own thread can’t even bother to focus on her. 🤣

We need Rickets to clip back and entertain us. Come on Dicky, spill the beans on Eleanor! 😬

• Haha

boredstrom

VIP Member
Wow.

Yeah, in “VLOGMAS DAY 9 - #DIAMONDMAS” that you uploaded, 3:18.

Elle: “Huh huh huh, where did it go, Joe??? Where did our view go???

Joe: *I will pack my bags while you’re out and leave you high and dry, you insufferable, infantile, condescending bitch...*It’s there.

I never even spoke to my son like that when he was a baby. Maybe it’s just me, but I’ve never spoken to children in baby voice because when I was a kid I thought it made adults look so ridiculous and it felt condescending, as if anything I said would just be dismissed because I was a kid. I never wanted my child to feel that way.

Can you imagine being a 30-year-old adult male corporate lawyer, and having your girlfriend speak to you that way... sometimes in public...
I mean I laugh, and I probably shouldn't, but I still do.

I'll be a downer for a moment and say I see a grown woman desperately trying to replace her absent father with a male partner and soothing her insides by being the silly, giggly little girl with him. The same little girl she never reconciled with on the inside. Joe was smart enough to realize that luxury hoarding, lack of natural sex appeal, and selfishness aside, we has going to have to be her father for the rest of their lives. Only someone who loved her very deeply would ever take on that task.