Eleanor Lecocq #4 Eat, Shop, Manhunt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Totally random, but this apartment tour video from a YouTuber in Seattle (who I don't follow or know anything about) came up in my recommendations. I watched it out of curiosity and she says that her apartment is under 700 square feet, but to me it looks sooo much bigger than Elle's apartment, and it has a separate kitchen and dining area as well.

Reactions: 7
Totally random, but this apartment tour video from a YouTuber in Seattle (who I don't follow or know anything about) came up in my recommendations. I watched it out of curiosity and she says that her apartment is under 700 square feet, but to me it looks sooo much bigger than Elle's apartment, and it has a separate kitchen and dining area as well.
It's not crammed full of clutter! So refreshing!

Reactions: 6
One of the comments to Elle's youtube video says there is a part 2 to her Nordstrom Haul. LMAO. Come on folks, if you believe she's not being majorly subsidized by Ginette, I have a bridge to sell you.

• Haha
Typical Elle... she bought a "shee-nee" blanket. That pronunciation is not French, Italian or Belgian, it's just dumb.

She's so boring. Same old stuff (rails plaid shirts, halogen cashmere sweaters, Jo Malone soap) from previous years. No doubt part two will feature hideous dresses and ugly shoes.

I'm curious - do any of you ladies get excited about the Nordstrom sale like so many YouTubers do? I've shopped it before but honestly find better deals throughout the year from other retailers. I don't quite get the fuss, despite the fact that it's touted as the "only" sale with brand new everything.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Typical Elle... she bought a "shee-nee" blanket. That pronunciation is not French, Italian or Belgian, it's just dumb.

She's so boring. Same old stuff (rails plaid shirts, halogen cashmere sweaters, Jo Malone soap) from previous years. No doubt part two will feature hideous dresses and ugly shoes.

I'm curious - do any of you ladies get excited about the Nordstrom sale like so many YouTubers do? I've shopped it before but honestly find better deals throughout the year from other retailers. I don't quite get the fuss, despite the fact that it's touted as the "only" sale with brand new everything.
I believe YouTubers love it because the video pays for itself :) by far, Nordstrom hauls are Elle’s most watched videos.

From ad revenue & the affiliate commission, she definitely makes it back :)

$500 ad revenue for maybe 3 months worth of views & another $1,000 in affiliate commission (100 viewers clicking through and buying something within 30 days - assuming a small commission of $10 each - they probably get much more, as the practice is a % of the amount spent)

Elle also has additional links to items she didn’t purchase but would like to “recommend” ...

Amazon probably has the best affiliate program 5-12% commission (every product under the sun, beauty products get 12% commission)

Which is why there are so many “amazon favourites” videos on YouTube

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I used to get excited for the NSale, though not to the extent the YT community does. In previous years I'd pick up a few pieces, maybe 3-5 things.

This year I've made a concerted effort to enjoy the clothes I already have, so no NSale for me.

Reactions: 12
Lol @ Elle telling us how she’ll refill all her Jo Malone hand soaps with Mrs Meyers (again!) but that she’ll have the “Jo Malone packaging in my kitchen.” And that she got the jumbo size because “my kitchen sink is pretty big, so the little one looks puny.” This girl is amazing at turning literally anything into a brag fest. Also it’s so weird how proud she is about hoarding ”designer” packaging for soap of all things and showing that off. Does she think she’s extra clever or something for putting cheaper soap into a pricey container...who is she trying to impress or deceive? Never seen anyone so set on keeping up appearances!

Unless you’re very into the brands only carried by Nordstrom (Halogen, Chelsea28, Zella, BP, etc.), I don’t find the sale that much better than any other large department store’s or the brand’s websites. I’ve bought things over the years when I remember the sale but rarely more than a handful, cause I’m not that much of a fan of their in-house brands (it’s mostly fast fashion with ok-ish quality and I’m trying to consume more sustainably). Agree with the other posts that youtubers mainly do it because it’s popular and they make it back and more via affiliate links and ad money. It’s the bread and butter of Elle’s channel along with the Sephora hauls.

Last edited:
😂 I worked with some chenille yarn (Gorgeous!!) when I was knitting my blanket years ago! 'Bout DIED when I heard her say it that way!

Lol @ Elle telling us how she’ll refill all her Jo Malone hand soaps with Mrs Meyers (again!) but that she’ll have the “Jo Malone packaging in my kitchen.” And that she got the jumbo size because “my kitchen sink is pretty big, so the little one looks puny.” This girl is amazing at turning literally anything into a brag fest. Also it’s so weird how proud she is about hoarding ”designer” packaging for soap of all things and showing that off. Does she think she’s extra clever or something for putting cheaper soap into a pricey container...who is she trying to impress or deceive? Never seen anyone so set on keeping up appearances!
She really has NO SHAME. I almost can't believe it! And she's being really counter-productive. Why in the world, if you want to impress your guests in the way she seems to want to, would you TELL your secrets?? On a public platform no less? I swear, rocks have more brains sometimes...

Also, your "keeping up appearances" line made me think of Hyacinth Bucket in the show by the same name. It used to be on tv when I was younger. Have any of you seen it?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I love keeping up appearances!! Elle also reminds me of the show Red Dwarf, with all the smeg appliances. Elle's a smeg-head. You could also say she's a bit like Are You Being Served, in that show most of the characters try to show how middle class they are calling everyone Mr or Ms trying not to let people know they live in a semi detached house, trying to be proper and not common. I think that's Elle too, and it takes place in her favorite place, a department store.

She's solidly 10+ years behind when it comes to maturity.

Let me tell you a story. Over a decade ago, in high school, I was dying to own branded clothes or a Kors handbag but my mom thought it was silly to PAY BRANDS to give them free advertising by carrying their logos plastered all over your outfit. Back then I felt she was oppressing me 😆 Now I couldn't agree more and I'm so grateful she chose to spend her hard-earned money on my extracurricular activities, foreign language private lessons, family holidays in interesting spots, rather than clothes. The point of this story is that Smelle is still in the point where I was as a teenager. She loves to show everyone that SHE CAN AFFORD BRANDS and her self-esteem is sooo dependent on whether she deems her appearance and surroundings 'posh' enough. She will resort to such ridiculous forrays as refilling L'Occitane soap bottle with a no-name product because she's desperate to maintain a superficial image of her home being 'luxurious'. Let me tell you something, no one in their right mind who has a busy professional and private life, spares time to think about that sort of things. The only reason they'd do it is because they want to be eco-friendly.

BTW, I don't know how L'Occitane is perceived in North America, but in Europe it is just an overpriced beauty company that sells you the idea of a provençal idylle. They don't have any breakthrough products, the packaging makes it nice enough as a gift but I don't think they have many customers who buy their products because of amazing results or whatever. I've also been to their factory in the south of France and it is utterly disappointing 😂 It is all mass production and probably doesn't differ from how Nivea etc. are made. Lastly, L'Occitane is owned by a big Singaporean business, so there you go Smelle, don't believe it is some sort of artisanal beauty brand lol

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
This is going to haunt me for a few days!
View attachment 208378
Holy tit. Her skin is so awful. Not only does she have bags but the skin under her cheekbones look rough. She needs to lay off the foundation and concealer and let her skin breathe. And drink more water, good god. I am 5 years older than she is and my skin is nowhere near as bad.

I know there are people who struggle with their skin but I don’t think Elle is one of those people. She destroyed her skin herself. 😒

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I love keeping up appearances!! Elle also reminds me of the show Red Dwarf, with all the smeg appliances. Elle's a smeg-head. You could also say she's a bit like Are You Being Served, in that show most of the characters try to show how middle class they are calling everyone Mr or Ms trying not to let people know they live in a semi detached house, trying to be proper and not common. I think that's Elle too, and it takes place in her favorite place, a department store.
I enjoyed Are You Being Served, more so the reunion series. I'll have to look up Red Dwarf! Smelle's fascination with Smeg appliances fascinates me, so I'm always down for a casual research of the line!

Reactions: 4
I enjoyed Are You Being Served, more so the reunion series. I'll have to look up Red Dwarf! Smelle's fascination with Smeg appliances fascinates me, so I'm always down for a casual research of the line!
Sorry I didn't explain well, in red dwarf they use smeg as an insult/swear word. there is no presence of smeg appliances ,though they do have talking toasters and vending machines :)

• Haha
Reactions: 4
😂 I worked with some chenille yarn (Gorgeous!!) when I was knitting my blanket years ago! 'Bout DIED when I heard her say it that way!

She really has NO SHAME. I almost can't believe it! And she's being really counter-productive. Why in the world, if you want to impress your guests in the way she seems to want to, would you TELL your secrets?? On a public platform no less? I swear, rocks have more brains sometimes...

Also, your "keeping up appearances" line made me think of Hyacinth Bucket in the show by the same name. It used to be on tv when I was younger. Have any of you seen it?

I’ve seen it! And Smelley is like a North American (sorry Smelle!) and slightly younger version of Mrs.Bucket (that’s “boo-Kay” for you all 😎).

Remember when she mentioned how she and Joe met, and she said something along the lines of “Online but I could’ve said University of Toronto since we were there around the same time.” I feel like misrepresentation and lying is just part of her daily life, and she doesn’t think twice about it or even question if it’s a bad thing. Nasty woman.

This is going to haunt me for a few days!
View attachment 208378
All that money for Smeg kitchen appliances and ugly Halogen sweaters, and she couldn’t have gotten that lip fixed??? She’s no stranger to plastic surgery and that should’ve been a no brainer.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Holy tit. Her skin is so awful. Not only does she have bags but the skin under her cheekbones look rough. She needs to lay off the foundation and concealer and let her skin breathe. And drink more water, good god. I am 5 years older than she is and my skin is nowhere near as bad.

I know there are people who struggle with their skin but I don’t think Elle is one of those people. She destroyed her skin herself. 😒
her under eye lines are crazy bad and prominent for being only 31

I’ve seen it! And Smelley is like a North American (sorry Smelle!) and slightly younger version of Mrs.Bucket (that’s “boo-Kay” for you all 😎).

Remember when she mentioned how she and Joe met, and she said something along the lines of “Online but I could’ve said University of Toronto since we were there around the same time.” I feel like misrepresentation and lying is just part of her daily life, and she doesn’t think twice about it or even question if it’s a bad thing. Nasty woman.

All that money for Smeg kitchen appliances and ugly Halogen sweaters, and she couldn’t have gotten that lip fixed??? She’s no stranger to plastic surgery and that should’ve been a no brainer.
she is nasty, I think Elle has the potential to actual be a bully

her under eye lines are crazy bad and prominent for being only 31
They appear and disappear periodically in her videos and photos, which is why I’m convinced she’s definitely had Botox done around that area! Sometimes everything above her nose will be completely smooth and even her forehead wouldn’t move when she makes her 👁👄👁 expressions and that’s just unnatural. Even babies get lines on their foreheads if they exaggerate their facial expressions.

I can totally see Elle as the dismissive bully type that is condescending or treats someone passive aggressively. Just look at how she talks to her viewers who dare to even slightly question her lies...she’ll either delete the comment, block them, or deflect the question while saying something positive about herself and end her comments with “xx” or a ❤ after she makes a rude comment. Eleanor Florence is a nasty piece of work.

Reactions: 12
She used to look good in all her makeup. In the Joe era she looked good enough to turn heads on the street.

Now she just looks old and painted. Its amazing what a couple years of stress will do to someone. I know her plan A was always to trade sex appeal for resources, but she really better think about plans c,d,e,f, etc now.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.