Eleanor Lecocq #4 Eat, Shop, Manhunt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is going to haunt me for a few days!
View attachment 208378
I can’t with the clown makeup — caked on foundation, overuse of blush, bright lipstick, false lashes, and her boobs are probably out with full on cleavage. She cannot restrain herself in the least. If I didn’t dislike her so much I’d almost feel sorry for her. But honestly, her aesthetic is the least of her problems. Her personality is what makes her a habitual loser.

Eleanor Florence Lecocq: Clown Desperately Seeking A Daddy

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
I haven't watched Elle's Nordstrom video because I've been busy with my newborn but let me guess: she bought a bunch of tit that looks like tit she already owns. In the screen shot someone posted she's wearing a granny dress I've never seen before. I'd love to know the thought process behind her purchases 'this looks like those other dresses I have. I need to add this to my collection.' With all the money she has wasted on hideous clothing she could have traveled or bought a condo. It's pathetic.
I wish she would do a realistic DITL vlog. I'd love to see how she wastes her time. I remember when the quarantine started she mentioned waking up around 11am, like a teenager on the weekends. Her life has no purpose.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I haven't watched Elle's Nordstrom video because I've been busy with my newborn but let me guess: she bought a bunch of tit that looks like tit she already owns. In the screen shot someone posted she's wearing a granny dress I've never seen before. I'd love to know the thought process behind her purchases 'this looks like those other dresses I have. I need to add this to my collection.' With all the money she has wasted on hideous clothing she could have traveled or bought a condo. It's pathetic.
I wish she would do a realistic DITL vlog. I'd love to see how she wastes her time. I remember when the quarantine started she mentioned waking up around 11am, like a teenager on the weekends. Her life has no purpose.
The dress is soo old fashioned and not in a kitsch way but in a Ginette would find it dated way, yes you guessed it rails shirts and Halogen cashmere that lets face it doesn't wear well

Reactions: 6
Where is she planning to wear 90% of that stuff?? I am a Nordy girl (worked there for years!) but not shopping at all. We aren’t going anywhere for months still!

was anyone else paying attention to all her reasons for buying each item? It’s hard to find a blush throw blanket, the small soap looks puny, the sweaters never wear out (so buying more makes sense?), the coat is a knock off of a Bourbour jacket, it was crazy! Her mom has to be paying. Also all the in house brands she loves are not thay great of quality unless they are Nordstrom Signature. There are like 45ish Nordstrom Brands and they are IMO the same quality as Target (Caslon, Halogen, Chelsea28, BP, etc). How much will she return?
I own two Barbour jackets and really enjoy them! I don’t understand why she got a knock off one (I know she claimed that she likes it better) from a random Nordstrom in-house brand, and it doesn’t look comparable at all to the real thing. Judging by how most of the items this time around were under $100, I’m starting to think she’s a bit strapped for cash but still wants to shop up a storm and give the illusion of hauling a lot. Also good for her affiliate links probably.

Even though she seems to have spent less this year than usual, I don’t understand why she picked up so many, for lack of a better word, cheap items that she already has some variation of. I’ve never gotten into the Nordstrom in-house brands because I always thought most of it was fast fashion quality and it’s nice to have that confirmed by someone that works there. So terrible for the environment and not to mention unnecessary, especially given how much she already owns.

video 1 (12,000 views) video 2 (13,000 views - in the first 2 days of posting) video 3 (~ to come)

If a total of 1,000 viewers click on a link x $4 commission each = $4,000

This is wayyy more than she actually spent on the haul.

Plus people who watch these videos, are often people who are already planning to shop the haul, and are thus VERY likely to click on the links.

Sorry if i keep harping on this issue, but I really think YouTuber Hauls are extremely insidious - it's not just spreading mindless consumerism (not great in itself) - they get PAID handsomely to PRETEND such hauls are "normal" and to encourage other people (who are spending their hard earned money!!) that they "need" these things regularly - when they themselves are simply profiting! If there were Zero commissions to be earned, I think we would not see half of these "hauls".

Not to mention, some YouTubers are extremely dishonest and actually return these items after they "haul" them, which means double the profits. Even if they don't return these items, these can all go towards business expense as a tax write-off because they show these items in their videos.

• Sick
Reactions: 17
These are good points! And I suspect it’s actually more beneficial for her to choose cheaper items and link those because they’re more likely to be clicked on and purchased by her viewers (she only gets paid if they make a purchase right? Clicking on it will only create a cookie that stays in your computer for a month in case you make a purchase of that specific item during that period, in which case Elle would get paid).

Reactions: 7
She removed the nodstrom haul 2017 video from her playlist. Since we were discussing how much she shopped while living with Joe and with the Nsale on, she might have removed it. I remember, that particular year she had shopped like there was no tomorrow.

• Wow
  • Haha
She removed the nodstrom haul 2017 video from her playlist. Since we were discussing how much she shopped while living with Joe and with the Nsale on, she might have removed it. I remember, that particular year she had shopped like there was no tomorrow.
Interesting! Is Eleanor Florence Lecocq afraid that new victims will see this discussion and run for the hills? 😆

I noticed that video is still around (probably want to milk those affiliate links and ads to death just in case someone looks all of her old ones up during this sale period). She did seem to go on a video deletion rampage a couple of days ago (I made a post with a screenshot of her negative social blade video views numbers) but have no idea what she deleted or privatized.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I own two Barbour jackets and really enjoy them! I don’t understand why she got a knock off one (I know she claimed that she likes it better) from a random Nordstrom in-house brand, and it doesn’t look comparable at all to the real thing. Judging by how most of the items this time around were under $100, I’m starting to think she’s a bit strapped for cash but still wants to shop up a storm and give the illusion of hauling a lot. Also good for her affiliate links probably.
As usual, she has got herself into a no-win situation. She needs to do a big haul because otherwise she won't get the views/affiliate income (and she probably makes the most from the Nordstrom anniversary haul) and she needs the cash...but she has to spend quite a lot up-front to make the video worthwhile/aspirational enough to be worth watching.

Interesting! Is Eleanor Florence Lecocq afraid that new victims will see this discussion and run for the hills? 😆

I noticed that video is still around (probably want to milk those affiliate links and ads to death just in case someone looks all of her old ones up during this sale period). She did seem to go on a video deletion rampage a couple of days ago (I made a post with a screenshot of her negative social blade video views numbers) but have no idea what she deleted or privatized.
Exactly why I looked up if something is deleted. In the 2016 video she says she shopped the sale during her lunch hour. Imagine working with her and watch her come back from “lunch” with maniac eyes from the shopping high and an entire new wardrobe worth of clothes.
She used to mention the brand of the product too in her description box before she was dumped and she became greedy.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
As usual, she has got herself into a no-win situation. She needs to do a big haul because otherwise she won't get the views/affiliate income (and she probably makes the most from the Nordstrom anniversary haul) and she needs the cash...but she has to spend quite a lot up-front to make the video worthwhile/aspirational enough to be worth watching.
I noticed she bought a Sweaty Betty jacket, making a point to say “it’s not cheap in England,” and her fake Barbour, while referring to Barbour as a “luxury British brand” (is it luxury even? I just grew up wearing it, as did many of my friends). Does she have a new British victim in the works? 😏

I noticed she bought a Sweaty Betty jacket, making a point to say “it’s not cheap in England,” and her fake Barbour, while referring to Barbour as a “luxury British brand” (is it luxury even? I just grew up wearing it, as did many of my friends). Does she have a new British victim in the works? 😏
The Barbour jackets are in the 200-250 pound mark, hardly luxury. She is just hyping it up as usual to make it seem that she made the right decision.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
For some reason, I'm thinking that influencers are given an extra discount or gift card to shop the sale?? Does anyone know if this is true? I swear I heard this somewhere and it totally turned me off from shopping it ever again, I think it was the year that EVERYONE was buying those Blank NYC faux suede moto jackets. I also totally agree that a lot of Nordstroms in-house brands are no different than Target!

For some reason, I'm thinking that influencers are given an extra discount or gift card to shop the sale?? Does anyone know if this is true? I swear I heard this somewhere and it totally turned me off from shopping it ever again, I think it was the year that EVERYONE was buying those Blank NYC faux suede moto jackets. I also totally agree that a lot of Nordstroms in-house brands are no different than Target!
I believe some of them are! Elle has been given a Nordstrom gift card in the Joe days (probably cause she was going there every. single. day.) but she didn't disclose how much it was for, and the more popular youtubers even have landing pages on Nordstrom and probably haul for free and make more from affiliates.

I think if it's a youtuber and style that I actually like, I don't mind supporting them (odds are if I like the item enough, I'll buy it anyways so it doesn't make a difference to me and they'll benefit from my help). With Elle though, I refuse to ever click on her affiliate links anymore (and luckily I'm rarely interested in what she's shilling anyways), especially after she started removing the brand names and all the info in the description and forcing you to click her links in case you want to check out an item. So scummy and makes me dislike her even more.

The Barbour jackets are in the 200-250 pound mark, hardly luxury. She is just hyping it up as usual to make it seem that she made the right decision.
That makes sense. We wore them to school because they were fuss free and great in the miserable North Eastern Canada/U.S. weather, especially in the fall and spring!

Last edited:
  • Heart
I wouldn't consider Barbour luxury – it's a very accessible brand that lots of people in the UK wear. It's totally middle-class IMO (which is fine!). I can imagine Elle prattling on about how she discovered lots of luxury British brands while she was at university in England. You know, back when it was European. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I wouldn't consider Barbour luxury – it's a very accessible brand that lots of people in the UK wear. It's totally middle-class IMO (which is fine!). I can imagine Elle prattling on about how she discovered lots of luxury British brands while she was at university in England. You know, back when it was European. :rolleyes:
Thank you ladies for the clarification (not a Brit here, grew up wearing Barbour and tumbling in the mud in them so wasn't sure WTF Eleanor was going on about)! Looks like just another one of her Elle-isms. In any case, I feel like an actual Barbour is probably way better quality than her Halogen knockoff. I don't own any Sweaty Betty (Canadian and been a devout Lululemon fan since their Made in Canada days) - is it any good? I thought the jacket looked ok but wasn't super flattering.

Can the top be any more stretched over her hips? 😂 It looks sooo bad
Screenshot_20200811_234344_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
Screenshot_20200811_234355_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
Screenshot_20200811_234322_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Also - THE SMIRK™
She really has reasons to smirk, doesn't she... Let me think... Almost 32 year old woman has been unemployed for over a year, dumped by men at least 4 times in a row (even by Rickdiana Jones whose shabby dungeon got renovated using her own money in exchange for a piss-colored Tiffany knockoff engagement ring), too embarrassed to return to Vancouver where her employer probably still can't believe his luck - the employee who spent every lunch hour shopping, quit voluntarily. I wouldn't be smirking if I was her, rather crying at my miserable life, the bed I made myself by being a nasty, self-centered, greedy b*tch.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
She probably thinks it's "luxury" because Saks and Neiman Marcus carry the brand. :rolleyes:

ETA - She looks short-waisted in that Sweaty Betty jacket! Her shape is very odd, it was noticeable in those too-tight rust colored pants. She mentioned that she's somewhat pear shaped but usually pear shapes have a more defined waist. I imagine a lot of it must be hereditary and her lack of muscle tone. But I did laugh out loud when she said the one pair of leggings were nice because they weren't too tight around the cankle ankle! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Can the top be any more stretched over her hips? 😂 It looks sooo bad
View attachment 209383View attachment 209384View attachment 209385

Also - THE SMIRK™
She really has reasons to smirk, doesn't she... Let me think... Almost 32 year old woman has been unemployed for over a year, dumped by men at least 4 times in a row (even by Rickdiana Jones whose shabby dungeon got renovated using her own money in exchange for a piss-colored Tiffany knockoff engagement ring), too embarrassed to return to Vancouver where her employer probably still can't believe his luck - the employee who spent every lunch hour shopping, quit voluntarily. I wouldn't be smirking if I was her, rather crying at my miserable life, the bed I made myself by being a nasty, self-centered, greedy b*tch.
Yeah....not flattering. Not sure if the brand just cuts that way or Smelley bought a size that doesn't fit properly. Either way, it makes me want to stay away from Sweaty Betty. At this point, brands maybe should pay Smelley not to wear their items because based on her looks, all the stuff looks stretched out, fits like a sausage casing, and makes you look wide all at the same time. 😂

Also 💀 @ THE SMIRK™

ETA - She looks short-waisted in that Sweaty Betty jacket! Her shape is very odd, it was noticeable in those too-tight rust colored pants. She mentioned that she's somewhat pear shaped but usually pear shapes have a more defined waist. I imagine a lot of it must be hereditary and her lack of muscle tone. But I did laugh out loud when she said the one pair of leggings were nice because they weren't too tight around the cankle ankle! :ROFLMAO:
Oh my God that little rant she went on about how most leggings are too tight around the ankles...no they're not Smelley, not for most of us because we actually have ankles. I don't know anyone whose ever had that problem besides her. 💀 💀 💀

She is what I would call "barrel-shaped." Here is a reference :m:ROFLMAO:

1597243407043.png

In case you ladies are curious, here's how it fits on the model. Elle's really making the fabric of that jacket work. :ROFLMAO:
1597244166541.png
1597244197476.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Quiting her job and moving to Florida was the dumbest decision Elle ever made (if she wasn't fired). She can stay at her MFDA of Canada job and look for other law work, work pro-bono, etc... on the side. Rick could have moved to Vancouver (his law degree is transferable to Canada, Elle's is not transferable to the USA) if he really loved her and wanted to be with her.

Elle makes one poor decisions after another. Let me tell you, losing your job is a way worse feeling than being dumped. And Rick is hardly a catch that she needs to move to Florida to pursue him.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.