Eleanor Lecocq #4 Eat, Shop, Manhunt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Right she really did. She made it sound like she wanted to get away and a new change of scenery but the fact that she mostly looked at British and Australian schools makes me think she mostly wanted to save time and effort.
My intuition says she also couldn't get into law school in Canada and chose to go abroad. Lots of Canadians do either law or medical school abroad if/when they can't get into school here.

It's not seen as prestigious to get your degree abroad, it's looked down upon because employers know you couldn't get into school in Canada.

Reactions: 16
I’m confused... so her “customized”’ engagement diamond ring wasn’t actually from Tiffany??!!! :oops:..
The truth is, we don't know. Elle claimed it was a custom Tiffany ring, and many people on Gurugossip explained their reasons for believing that to be a lie. Some also believed it was another Elle half-truths -- they thought maybe it was a really old custom Tiffany from Elle's granny, or that it was bought secondhand.

I'll say this. I'm no ring expert, and I don't care about jewelry. But if you had a custom ring made by a world famous jeweller, wouldn't you at least do some close-up shots of the ring?!? Seems so shady that Elle never took a decent photo of the ring or showed it on video.

What we can confirm is that she had a ring, took a photo of said ring with a Tiffany box in the background, and then got dumped by Rick and we never heard of the ring again. Maybe it's in storage alongside her Sentaler coats and designer sneakers?

Reactions: 12
My intuition says she also couldn't get into law school in Canada and chose to go abroad. Lots of Canadians do either law or medical school abroad if/when they can't get into school here.

It's not seen as prestigious to get your degree abroad, it's looked down upon because employers know you couldn't get into school in Canada.
I've actually contemplated doing this. I see nothing wrong with how Elle got her education. There's plenty to talk smack about but credential-wise I think she's fine. I'm an American/Italian citizen but have contemplated going to law school in the UK instead of the US because it might benefit the future practice area I want to be in. I know a lot of UK-educated attorneys as part of my professional circle and many of them are highly successful.

Elle is a pain in the ass, but the girl is educated!

Reactions: 6
I had assumed that she went to college in UK because her mam was in relationship with a guy in UK and lived there at the time. And so Elle decided to go to UK too. 🤷‍♀️

Also when she was talking about her custom Tiffany ring, she said they got 8 diamonds on sides of ring because 8 is special number to them. But that part isn't custom, 8 is the standard number of diamonds on side of the ring, you can change it in order to customise it but 8 is the default.

Reactions: 8
I had assumed that she went to college in UK because her mam was in relationship with a guy in UK and lived there at the time. And so Elle decided to go to UK too. 🤷‍♀️

Also when she was talking about her custom Tiffany ring, she said they got 8 diamonds on sides of ring because 8 is special number to them. But that part isn't custom, 8 is the standard number of diamonds on side of the ring, you can change it in order to customise it but 8 is the default.
She claimed in a vlogmas video that she went because she really wanted a change of scenery and also because she had a really bad experience in high school in Victoria and was bullied for being “foreign” and not having a dad.

I’m guessing Smelley was being her usual ditzy and snobby self and the other kids didn’t want to deal with it and called her out. But of course she’d make it sound like she was some tragic, misunderstood heroine in a rom com.

The only place abroad that would've made sense for her would be the US, because she also has American citizenship from being born there (especially now when she's decided to live there full-time and if she wanted to practice) and good American law schools are one of the few that are acknowledged in Canada as well. But if she couldn't get into a decent Canadian law school, there's no way she could've gotten into a good JD program in the US because those are even more competitive. Not to mention, it's no easier given it's the same 7 years, vs the 4 that Smelley actually took.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Couple things.

She does not need to drop any weight. This woman isn't fat by any means. She could use a toning up and a lesson on dressing for her body shape. But she's definitely not fat. She just needs to stop skipping leg day.

I need her to explain how she's eligible to take the bar. She didn't graduate from an aba school and never practiced law. Go ahead Elle we'll wait.

The ring was neither Tiffany nor custom. I do not believe a "jewelry designer" "fashion blogger" luxury goods obsessed brat would not shove a Tiffany ring down anyone and everyone's throats. She would even hide it in the Florida blogs. Anyone who's recently engaged is officially left handed for 3 months. You're excited, it's a happy time. Unless you're embarrassed. I highly doubt Rickety Dick spent 12k on a Tiffany ring then moved her into an empty house that his dad gave him. Elle this is common sense.

Reactions: 24
Couple things.

She does not need to drop any weight. This woman isn't fat by any means. She could use a toning up and a lesson on dressing for her body shape. But she's definitely not fat. She just needs to stop skipping leg day.
I don't think she's "fat" objectively speaking but she is nowhere near the size she claims to be (0-2) so by that standard, she looks "fat" for a supposed size "0-2." There's nothing wrong with not being a size 2 but she insults other people's intelligence when she makes claims of vanity sizing that are clearly untrue. We did a brief survey of the ladies here on an older thread and everyone that was actually a size 0-2 were all much taller, weighed a lot less than Smelley, and worked out regularly. She is clearly LYING so I have no qualms about calling her out for her weight and size, because like many other things in Eleanor's life, it's all a lie designed to make herself look better. When you continually lie the way Elle does with many things in her life, I think it's fair game for other people to call you out on it, even if it is a more sensitive subject like weight/size.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Couple things.

I need her to explain how she's eligible to take the bar. She didn't graduate from an aba school and never practiced law. Go ahead Elle we'll wait.

The ring was neither Tiffany nor custom. I do not believe a "jewelry designer" "fashion blogger" luxury goods obsessed brat would not shove a Tiffany ring down anyone and everyone's throats. She would even hide it in the Florida blogs. Anyone who's recently engaged is officially left handed for 3 months. You're excited, it's a happy time. Unless you're embarrassed. I highly doubt Rickety Dick spent 12k on a Tiffany ring then moved her into an empty house that his dad gave him. Elle this is common sense.
Agreed with all of this. I never considered her fat, just extremely untoned and wore clothes that didn’t fit her body shape, which made her look bigger than she was. Plus her obsession with being a size 2 was just aggravating when she was probably a 4 or 6 (given her short height)...both sizes are still relatively small!!! Especially here in North America where the average is a 12.

As for taking the bar, she might come up with some weak argument that she was diligent about renewing her licence every year on top of blatantly lying that she was in-house counsel at her old job in Vancouver. Ok, Smelley, do you have a list of cases where you were in house counsel then? Also you would need to meet a certain year minimum and it needs to be recent. I don’t know the minimum off the top of my head, don’t care, but perhaps Smelle can provide this information since she knows she is eligible to take the Washington bar. 😂

Also, you’re so right—being engaged is fun. I finally know what that feels like and I’ve been shoving my ring to anyone who cares. And now it’s even more obvious to me that she was embarrassed with her bowlegged fiancé who couldn’t afford the name brand she desperately wanted.

Agreed with all of this. I never considered her fat, just extremely untoned and wore clothes that didn’t fit her body shape, which made her look bigger than she was. Plus her obsession with being a size 2 was just aggravating when she was probably a 4 or 6 (given her short height)...both sizes are still relatively small!!! Especially here in North America where the average is a 12.

As for taking the bar, she might come up with some weak argument that she was diligent about renewing her licence every year on top of blatantly lying that she was in-house counsel at her old job in Vancouver. Ok, Smelley, do you have a list of cases where you were in house counsel then? Also you would need to meet a certain year minimum and it needs to be recent. I don’t know the minimum off the top of my head, don’t care, but perhaps Smelle can provide this information since she knows she is eligible to take the Washington bar. 😂

Also, you’re so right—being engaged is fun. I finally know what that feels like and I’ve been shoving my ring to anyone who cares. And now it’s even more obvious to me that she was embarrassed with her bowlegged fiancé who couldn’t afford the name brand she desperately wanted.
I practiced in house for a short stint and we outsourced all our cases and litigation to a law firm. She’s going to argue she just did solicitor work.

Reactions: 7
But can we really assume she didn't get into any North American law schools? Since she'd have to have done an undergrad degree first, right? She wouldn't have been eligible to apply to law school (Canadian or American) before she applied to the schools in the UK and Australia. I think she wanted to take the fast track, probably because she thought she was already educated enough lol. She knew she just wanted to study law and didn't see the need for an undergrad degree and all of those pesky electives that could broaden her perspective and give her knowledge and insight into other topics. Which shows, given her complete lack of interest in anything outside her little bubble. She's like a hamster in one of those clear plastic balls. Outside of their cage thinking they're taking on the world, but sadly not realizing they're still inside a 600 sqft apartment and still have no idea about the world outside of that.

• Heart
  • Haha
I’m fluent in two languages. Like defended-my-undergraduate-mech-eng-senior-research-and-thesis-in-my-second-language fluent. Like work-on-projects-based-in-that-foreign-country-in-that-foreign-language fluent.
Academically, professionally, and colloquially.
But I don’t call that second language my “native language” even though my parents are from that country, I only communicate with them in that language, and I only spoke that language up to the age of 5 (just like Elle... hint, this is when kindergarten starts).
My native language is still English because that’s what I spoke in school up until I moved to a foreign country, that’s what my thoughts form in, and that’s what I’m most comfortable expressing myself adequately and fully in.

Elle stopped speaking French fluently at age 5 (26 years ago, according to her own mother. Also, when was the last time anyone spoke to a 5 year old... they’re BARELY fluent in any language. My kiddo just turned 6.), and according to actual French speakers, she doesn’t express herself fluently in French... so... how is it her native language?
A native language is a language you've been exposed to since birth or during the early stages of life. By definition, your two languages are your native languages just like French and English are Elle's. However, native language doesn't equal native proficiency.

Elle is very selfish in relationships. Too selfish. This girl literally clutters all of the apartment Joe rented, picked out their furniture that Joe paid, didn't leave any space for Joe. At least Chase Amie pays 50/50 with Dan on their condo (she mentions they share the cost), and leaves some space like the 3rd bedroom and ensuite bathroom for him.

Girl, no man can stand living with you for more than 1 year. No even losers like SS or Rick. Maybe it's time to take a good look in the mirror.

Men are looking for an equal partner in a relationship. Not a little girl they need to take care of.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
But can we really assume she didn't get into any North American law schools? Since she'd have to have done an undergrad degree first, right? She wouldn't have been eligible to apply to law school (Canadian or American) before she applied to the schools in the UK and Australia. I think she wanted to take the fast track, probably because she thought she was already educated enough lol. She knew she just wanted to study law and didn't see the need for an undergrad degree and all of those pesky electives that could broaden her perspective and give her knowledge and insight into other topics. Which shows, given her complete lack of interest in anything outside her little bubble. She's like a hamster in one of those clear plastic balls. Outside of their cage thinking they're taking on the world, but sadly not realizing they're still inside a 600 sqft apartment and still have no idea about the world outside of that.
I think it's more so that she choose a fairly random path to law school (she didn't exactly get into Oxbridge nor was she British or had family there, and she didn't stay there after graduation) that was much easier than how it would've been in a more logical place for her (Canada or U.S.). She took a non-traditional but easier path with 3 fewer years of schooling and that just just doesn't seem like the actions of someone whose confident in their abilities or super serious about their career. You can argue that she saved some money by doing that (but since when has Elle cared about using Ginette's money?) but from a career perspective, it makes zero since given she lives in North America because no law firms here would prefer that to a local and more traditional JD degree.

Reactions: 8
I'm sure Chase Amie or her husband comes from money. There is no way in hell she and her husband can buy all that stuff, purchase such an expensive condo / flat with what they are earning. They won't admit to it though. Just like Elle.
Sorry to bring it back to Amie (promise this is the last thing from me) but I was walking through Greenwich this afternoon and was having a bit of a mooch through the shop windows and look what I found! Does that look familiar or what 😂

Attachments

• Wow
She claimed in a vlogmas video that she went because she really wanted a change of scenery and also because she had a really bad experience in high school in Victoria and was bullied for being “foreign” and not having a dad.

I’m guessing Smelley was being her usual ditzy and snobby self and the other kids didn’t want to deal with it and called her out. But of course she’d make it sound like she was some tragic, misunderstood heroine in a rom com.

The only place abroad that would've made sense for her would be the US, because she also has American citizenship from being born there (especially now when she's decided to live there full-time and if she wanted to practice) and good American law schools are one of the few that are acknowledged in Canada as well. But if she couldn't get into a decent Canadian law school, there's no way she could've gotten into a good JD program in the US because those are even more competitive. Not to mention, it's no easier given it's the same 7 years, vs the 4 that Smelley actually took.
I wish someone that went to high school with Smelley found this thread and spill the beans!! With her lovely personality...she was not liked - just like we don't like her. It's not rocket science!

I agree about her studying abroad to take the easier/faster route towards getting her degree. And maybe she already knew she would not be a practicing lawyer anyway. As we know, she likes the prestige that comes with being a lawyer without any of the hard work.

• Heart
Sorry to bring it back to Amie (promise this is the last thing from me) but I was walking through Greenwich this afternoon and was having a bit of a mooch through the shop windows and look what I found! Does that look familiar or what 😂
Nice find! Looks like Amie and Dan have done well with all the hustling. Smelley must be seething that her and Amie both started as youtubers (they even did a collab or at least referred to each other's channels a long time ago in a video) with a similar amount of following but Amie is now married and has a much more popular channel. Elle's most recent dumb WFH robes video is hovering around 5k views, which is abysmal for a someone whose been on youtube for ~10 years by this point.

Oddly enough, I had watched a very old video of Elle's someone had linked awhile ago (it's a Christmas one where she's wrapping presents and answering some personal questions). In it, I think she mentions (completely unrelated to any ring since this was long before that) that 8 is a special number to her. So, then, it would seem to be too much of a coincidence if it was also special to her and Rick as a couple. What is 8? The number of times he DM'd her before she finally answered?

I practiced in house for a short stint and we outsourced all our cases and litigation to a law firm. She’s going to argue she just did solicitor work.
Yeah, I'm an in-house counsel and outside counsel always handle litigation, as well as lots of specialized matters. I never wanted to be in court, so it works for me. Once, my boss and I were just handling a city ticket at a hearing and my boss with tons of experience didn't even know how to fill out the simple court form the clerk gave us. Then, she proceeded to talk to me while other cases were going on even though we were sitting right in front of the judge. I think he called our case next because he could deduce which case we were and wanted to get us out of there. So, it's conceivable that the tasks Elle did were similar to the sorts of tasks an in-house lawyer would tackle. It's just not true for her to say she was in-house counsel since she did have a different job than the attorneys where she worked.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Oddly enough, I had watched a very old video of Elle's someone had linked awhile ago (it's a Christmas one where she's wrapping presents and answering some personal questions). In it, I think she mentions (completely unrelated to any ring since this was long before that) that 8 is a special number to her. So, then, it would seem to be too much of a coincidence if it was also special to her and Rick as a couple. What is 8? The number of times he DM'd her before she finally answered?

Yeah, I'm an in-house counsel and outside counsel always handle litigation, as well as lots of specialized matters. I never wanted to be in court, so it works for me. Once, my boss and I were just handling a city ticket at a hearing and my boss with tons of experience didn't even know how to fill out the simple court form the clerk gave us. Then, she proceeded to talk to me while other cases were going on even though we were sitting right in front of the judge. I think he called our case next because he could deduce which case we were and wanted to get us out of there. So, it's conceivable that the tasks Elle did were similar to the sorts of tasks an in-house lawyer would tackle. It's just not true for her to say she was in-house counsel since she did have a different job than the attorneys where she worked.
Very interesting! What are the main areas that in house counsel handle on a day to day basis? Is it more focused on providing legal advice to the corporation on a day to day basis? Contracts, negotiations?

Reactions: 3
Do you think tomorrow Elle will post a work from home slipper collection? To go with the robes from last week?

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.