Eleanor Lecocq #4 Eat, Shop, Manhunt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why can’t she spend as much time working on pronouncing regular English words properly as she does pronouncing other words with a terrible overdone French accent lol. Deeepteeeeeque
Roooo puuuuur cutooooor
🙄
La Mer!! Weee camping anyone!!?? And btw La Mer and other department store brands are still not the quality ingredient wise that you’re going to get with lines you purchase at a dermatologist or med spa. So her acting all holier than thou about her Shesiedo bio performance is laughable. Not that there’s anything wrong with it, but the products are not actually as effective as their marketing is going to have you believe. Although it worked selling Smelley on it lol!

Reactions: 11
In the video, she talks about how the Nordstrom sale is a good time to treat herself to fall fashion.

Why is she always looking for an opportunity to "treat" herself? Her mother spoiled her rotten and raised a child who thinks waking up and having breakfast is worthy of a treat! It would make more sense if she said she likes clothing and the sale has good deals... why make it a 'treat' when you'll be buying more fall clothing the week after the sale?

She needs to learn how to 'treat' herself in a way that doesn't involve clothes, shoes, makeup, or luxury candles.

Reactions: 12
Yawn. Nordstrom Haul. Another video I won't even bother clicking on. Seriously, do people still haul more clothes with everything that's been going on around the world the past few months?

She is sooo boring, she is putting me to sleep. We need a PLOT TWIST on The Elle Show. It has jumped the shark. Eleanor, you need to hire a new script writer.

Reactions: 8
Yawn. Nordstrom Haul. Another video I won't even bother clicking on. Seriously, do people still haul more clothes with everything that's been going on around the world the past few months?

She is sooo boring, she is putting me to sleep. We need a PLOT TWIST on The Elle Show. It has jumped the shark. Eleanor, you need to hire a new script writer.
She has no job, nothing interesting going on. All she does in Seattle is eat, shop, manhunt. Real life is not that exciting. Hard to think of a plot twist in the show.

I liked Elle better when she first started youtube. She hauled at Walmart, Target, Michael Kors, had a Coach bag, etc... Now she's just a spoiled brat.

Small YouTuber I quite like - Angelique Eva - she’s well spoken, very upbeat, updates frequently & has a curated collection of luxury items which is trendy/in style. She’s also pretty down to earth and weighs the pros/cons + value of each luxury purchase. Also plot twist ! She’s actually German (actually European lol) and speaks English perfectly & never tries to “enhance” her Europeaness

Another chill but actually luxe YouTuber - Alyssa Lenore -

And yet another small luxury YouTuber - bonjour aika - lives with her Husband in Switzerland and has a fantastic luxury collection and good taste while having a really nice demeanour (not showy at all) - - Elle would be so jealous of her life !

Minks4All - another luxury YouTuber with a real chill , down to earth personality

Heyyjune :

I just find it interesting that all of these women have far more extensive luxury collections than Elle and aren’t in the least bit as pretentious as she is. Nor do they have a strange superiority complex over anyone who doesn’t share their passion on luxury.

Luxpurselove is also so cheery and nice and her voice is so pleasantly :) https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FRKomxS71KM

She’s so happy and pleasant to watch :)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9

Small YouTuber I quite like - Angelique Eva - she’s well spoken, very upbeat, updates frequently & has a curated collection of luxury items which is trendy/in style. She’s also pretty down to earth and weighs the pros/cons + value of each luxury purchase. Also plot twist ! She’s actually German (actually European lol) and speaks English perfectly & never tries to “enhance” her Europeaness

And yet another small luxury YouTuber - bonjour aika - lives with her Husband in Switzerland and has a fantastic luxury collection and good taste while having a really nice demeanour (not showy at all) - - Elle would be so jealous of her life !

Minks4All - another luxury YouTuber with a real chill , down to earth personality

Heyyjune :

I just find it interesting that all of these women have far more extensive luxury collections than Elle and aren’t in the least bit as pretentious as she is. Nor do they have a strange superiority complex over anyone who doesn’t share their passion on luxury.

Luxpurselove is also so cheery and nice and her voice is so pleasantly :) https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FRKomxS71KM

Love that you shared other YTers. Alyssa is a brat who doesn’t spend any time engaging with her audience. It’s buy, buy, buy Chanel and Dior (and return it) without a lot of rhyme or reason outside of being “influenced by ‘the gram’” - 🙄

Reactions: 1
Not sure if this is mentioned, in one of videos (Furmas?) that’s was listed here. She mentions renewing her Belgian passport with biometrics.
So she’s a US, Canadian and Belgium citizen. Maybe that’s why the being European claim? Also it wouldn’t have been expensive for her to study in UK being part of EU.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Apologies if this has already been discussed, but I just noticed Sophie Shohet has linked Elle’s channel in the description box of her July 30th video
Elle has sent things to Sophie more than once. I watch Sophie regularly and she does 'mail time' videos every once in awhile where she reads letters and opens gifts people send her (and for which she seems genuinely touched and grateful) and I know she's opened things from Elle. The hilarious thing is that all those letters get sent to a PO Box address that Sophie only collects from every few months, so Elle doesn't even have Sophie's actual home address. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

Heyyjune :

I have to be honest, I’m not a fan of any of these women except for Minks4all and even she has been a bit dishonest about her lifestyle....she used to live in a trailer in a non-desirable part of Southern California before people on GG found that out. June I used to like a lot but I found her overconsumption of goods to be very off-putting and she made very weird remarks about her patients in a past video which turned me off instantly. I get a snobbish impression with Alyssa Lenore, too, and I’m surprised so many people love her. It sucks because I’d love to support Asian influencers, esp Southeast Asian ones since I’m also Asian, but I’ve been unable to like any of them.

Elle has sent things to Sophie more than once. I watch Sophie regularly and she does 'mail time' videos every once in awhile where she reads letters and opens gifts people send her (and for which she seems genuinely touched and grateful) and I know she's opened things from Elle. The hilarious thing is that all those letters get sent to a PO Box address that Sophie only collects from every few months, so Elle doesn't even have Sophie's actual home address. :ROFLMAO:
I kinda wonder if Elle wishes she had Sophie’s life. Sophie’s husband is older and makes much more money than she does. Only difference is that Sophie doesn’t take her husband for granted, she isn’t lazy, and while she occasionally lies (but not to the extent like that of Elle), Sophie isn’t a condescending witch.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Not sure if this is mentioned, in one of videos (Furmas?) that’s was listed here. She mentions renewing her Belgian passport with biometrics.
So she’s a US, Canadian and Belgium citizen. Maybe that’s why the being European claim? Also it wouldn’t have been expensive for her to study in UK being part of EU.
I re watched that video recently too i was really shocked to find out she had an actual European passport. I guess it makes sense if she did live there for a bit as a kid. And since Elle and ginette didn't become Canadian citizens until maybe 6-8 years ago it makes sense. But when she moved from the US as a baby to belgium or whatever wouldn't she have needed a US passport then? Or since she was born to a Belgian citizen would they have let her get a Belgian passport at the embassy or whatever? I'm assuming Elle didn't get a US passport until she moved to be with Rick (if she even has) despite being a citizen bc she was born here.

I have a friend from college who was born in the US but has managed to get so many passports. Her father is from the UK so she's got a UK passport and he's got ancestry from Ireland so she's got an Irish passport too and her mom is from south east Asia so she's managed to claim an Asian passport too. The whole process of more than two passports makes such little sense to me.

Reactions: 4
I re watched that video recently too i was really shocked to find out she had an actual European passport. I guess it makes sense if she did live there for a bit as a kid. And since Elle and ginette didn't become Canadian citizens until maybe 6-8 years ago it makes sense. But when she moved from the US as a baby to belgium or whatever wouldn't she have needed a US passport then? Or since she was born to a Belgian citizen would they have let her get a Belgian passport at the embassy or whatever? I'm assuming Elle didn't get a US passport until she moved to be with Rick (if she even has) despite being a citizen bc she was born here.

I have a friend from college who was born in the US but has managed to get so many passports. Her father is from the UK so she's got a UK passport and he's got ancestry from Ireland so she's got an Irish passport too and her mom is from south east Asia so she's managed to claim an Asian passport too. The whole process of more than two passports makes such little sense to me.
Most European countries apply “Jus sanguinis,” which means children automatically inherit the passport of their parents (parent in Elle’s case) regardless of where they are born and whether they live there or not so that’s how she would get her Belgian passport even if she wasn’t born there and stopped living there since her early childhood.

US is “jus soli” so she got American citizenship automatically when she was born there regardless of the citizenship or immigration status of her parents in the US at the time. And because they immigrated to Canada later on, she became a naturalized Canadian citizen.

My boyfriend holds two European citizenships (Norwegian and Dutch) and I have a Canadian one. We’ve lived in the US and plan to be back there at some point for work again when things settle down. If we have a child while working in the US, our kid could hold four passports if they wanted to since technically he or she would be a citizen of four countries the moment he or she is born. Practically speaking, there’s really no point in applying for all those passports at the different embassies but it’s certainly an option. All of these citizenships have similar “power” (in the sense of ease of visa free travel) so it’s not materially useful in anyways. Elle, of course, uses it to show off. 🙄

Elle actually has a really mediocre collection for a luxury youtuber, and she doesn't seem to have any classic pieces in classic combos (i.e. owns several Chanel flaps, but none in the double flap medium black with gold or silver hardware and quilted leather combo). I think it's due to a combination of her having bad tastes (look at how badly her outfits and her home decor clashes) and the fact she's a pack 🐭, and she would rather spend money buying several cheaper but not classic pre-owned bags than one new classic Chanel flap. She's not saving any money by doing this if we look at how much she spends overall but I think Elle always wants more stuff than less.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7

Like the previous poster mentioned,
Belgium passport from her mother
US passport since she was born in New York
Canadian - she got naturalized there
I am actually surprised that she hasn’t claimed an Italian and French passport yet.

All these opportunities available yet wasted on a person who’s only mission in life is finding a guy to marry.

I am actually surprised that she hasn’t claimed an Italian and French passport yet.

All these opportunities available yet wasted on a person who’s only mission in life is finding a guy to marry.
Right? They really are wasted on her, I'm jealous of her ability to live in so many places. I was looking at trying to get a European passport after the 2016 election bc I knew other people who also had grandparents that were refugees or immigrated after WW2 who were able to get them. But since the area where one side of my family was from changed hands so many times there was no good way to claim that, and the other side if I did try to claim that citizenship I'd have had to do compulsory military service. So it wasn't worth it but she has all this freedom and instead chose to follow Rick.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

I don't think she can claim French if her father doesn't acknowledge paternity and file for French citizenship for her, since it sounds like him and Ginette weren't married and he didn't want to be involved with her in any way. Not sure if she can get Italian through the grandmother on Ginette's side.

Reactions: 3
Right? They really are wasted on her, I'm jealous of her ability to live in so many places. I was looking at trying to get a European passport after the 2016 election bc I knew other people who also had grandparents that were refugees or immigrated after WW2 who were able to get them. But since the area where one side of my family was from changed hands so many times there was no good way to claim that, and the other side if I did try to claim that citizenship I'd have had to do compulsory military service. So it wasn't worth it but she has all this freedom and instead chose to follow Rick.
Exactly! If I had her opportunities I would have travelled the world, lived in countries where I can only dream about going. She has cuckooed herself into a slot and remained there. It’s a shame that she has a mom that supports all her nonsense, loves her so much and all she is trying to do is fill a void of an unknown father. Truly wasted.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I feel like Elle would have a hard time dating in Western or Northern Europe, to be honest. People living in those places marry very late or not at all, and in a lot of cultures (especially Nordic countries, Netherlands, Germany, etc.), it's all about equality and everyone pulling their weight whether they're a man or woman. Eleanor is not going to have too much luck getting a guy to support her financially over there. Also (and I say this as a North American), women there are much thinner and better looking on average (I believe they take care of themselves more) than in North America so she's gonna have stiff competition.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.