Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

monga

VIP Member
Grand National cancelled , at least it'll save some poor horse getting it's neck broke if nothing else...

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Mizzdee

I walked to my parents today with the dog,and my mam has been in tears. I felt so helpless. My sister is heavily pregnant, and she is always worried about me anyway (immunocompromised from chemo, thyroid disease, asthma and 1 kidney - fml 😖😖😖😖). It's awful seeing those who are usually our pillars of strength be as scared as us. I feel as scared as I was when I first got my cancer diagnosis.

• Sad
Reactions: 38

Gemmilton

Lurker, first time post. Very morbid please skip if your not in a good frame of mind. Just need to vent.

My mum is 43 with a terminal condition. We have had to cancel a long awaited UK holiday and once in a lifetime experience next week because of everything that is going on. I get the reasons and it’s the right call. But it is still hard to stomach. Particularly in light of recent reports that some form of quarantine measures might go on for as long as 18 months. In all likelihood if corona hasn’t killed her in that time frame her disease would. Sorry to be so morbid but I don’t have anywhere else to air these things. Just maybe bear in mind when people, elderly or otherwise, still want to go out it may be because they know they haven’t got months of their life to spare in self isolation. “Adding life to days when days can’t be added to life” is the saying, it’s just hard to see at the moment how that can be done from quarantine 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 37

SunshineDreamer

Chatty Member
While I’m not worried for my family, I got caught by my elderly neighbour when I was being the kids back from the park. Her son usually visits her every week to do her shopping etc but he’s had to isolate because they came back from Italy. She didn’t want to bother me because she knows I’m ‘busy with the children’ but she wondered if she could borrow some milk because she had ran out. I literally wanted to cry. I never even thought to check because I knew her son visited.

• Sad
Reactions: 36

Mizzdee

This is so scary to me. If I can't see my family for 12 weeks or more it'll be detrimental to my mental health. I'm scared for everyone 😔
This is going to have huge implications on those with mental health issues - anxiety, depression, suicidal ideation, OCD, paranoia, social anxiety. We aren't prepared for the immensity of this situation.

• Sad
Reactions: 34

Discolights

VIP Member
I just read on Twitter about someone who took their life yesterday because of their panic reading the news about regarding the virus. Please if you are struggling, reach out and talk to someone. There are many charities/resources that will help you feel less alone. I’m not an expert, but anyone is welcome to message me if they need a friend. x

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

Notothefakes

VIP Member
I think I’m going to throw up. My husband has a fever so we’re going to have to self isolate for 14 days. I need to ring midwife tomorrow as although currently I have no symptoms if I go into labour they’ll need to know. I’m going to have to do it on my own aren’t I because I can’t risk anybody else in my family to be a birthing partner in case I have it to. I’ve been up for two hours cleaning downstairs and washing everything I can at 90 degrees. And now obviously I can’t sleep. I’m trying to remain calm but it’s a pretty unique situation that I’m not entirely sure how to process hence why I’m rambling on here. Not looking for advice to my scenario I know what we need to do but I am scared :( I’ve got two other children that I’ll need to self isolate with, an asthmatic husband showing symptoms and I could go into labour at any stage.

• Sad
Reactions: 30

Sallydally

VIP Member
Can I ask what are people doing who have teenagers? Are you still letting them out with pals after school? I think from tomorrow I’m going to get mine to stay in. Obviously if we go full lock down they will have to. Do I still let them out with friends while they’ve still got chance? I’m arguing with myself in my head about it 🙈

My 14 year old goes to our local sports centre and plays football every Friday (ran by our council) I’ve told him he is not allowed to go for the foreseeable future as it’s so busy there. He’s not happy but understands.
My 16 year old has been self isolating since 2018 so nothings changed for him!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

HideTheHunter

Morning everyone! Just wanted to pop in and catch up on posts before heading off to work. I have my "Corona Kit" with me, which consists of my own mug & utensils, paper towels, latex gloves, diy spray bottle of weak bleach & water to wipe the till down, and a smile. Because I'm determined not to let this new dystopian world get me down. Have a safe clean day everyone. :)

Reactions: 27

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Just found out my mother is on tiktok, this is NOT what happens when you isolate the FUCKING older generations mother, you batch cook and knit, you don’t download tiktok and fucking Draw Something Pro and ask where the Apple Pencil is, fuck sake....

I would love to say this is a joke, it’s not. 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 26

Bobbleowl90

VIP Member
How’s everyone doing? We made the difficult decision to cancel our wedding today. We have postponed until the end of the year when I pray the world is a little safer ❤

I went to the supermarket earlier and there’s no milk, no meat, no bread, no pasta and no tins. One lady couldn’t get any formula for her baby and I just wanted to cry.

• Sad

Horatio

VIP Member
I think I’m going to throw up. My husband has a fever so we’re going to have to self isolate for 14 days. I need to ring midwife tomorrow as although currently I have no symptoms if I go into labour they’ll need to know. I’m going to have to do it on my own aren’t I because I can’t risk anybody else in my family to be a birthing partner in case I have it to. I’ve been up for two hours cleaning downstairs and washing everything I can at 90 degrees. And now obviously I can’t sleep. I’m trying to remain calm but it’s a pretty unique situation that I’m not entirely sure how to process hence why I’m rambling on here. Not looking for advice to my scenario I know what we need to do but I am scared :( I’ve got two other children that I’ll need to self isolate with, an asthmatic husband showing symptoms and I could go into labour at any stage.
As you say you’re not asking for advice and in this unique situation there’s no precedent to rely on anyway... but know good people are here seemingly every hour of the day... ramble as much as you like girl, if it takes your mind off things. When are you due?
Try not to let the virus impact the labour experience too much for you... it’s something women have been doing since the beginning of time, during wars and famines and natural disasters. And you mention children so I’m going to confidently assume you’ve been through it before yourself too. You’ve got this 🙏

• Heart

memoii11

VIP Member
Is anyone annoyed at influencers on Instagram still doing clothing hauls and especially affiliate links? Like, hello, we can't leave the house to go to the shops and no I don't want to see your ASOS haul. People don't have the money for that, there's more important things, like bills and food you self centered twats.

Yel

Chatty Member
I don't like the uncertainty and that the UK is doing a different approach.

BUT I do think them having this slower approach and making it seem like it's peoples own choice might be more effective at stopping Brits from mixing. By the end of the week I expect more draconian measures to be introduced. But this may work to slow the peak and not cause a second bigger one. We don't know what will work, but we can be hopeful 🤞

Reactions: 25