Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My husband is self employed painter and the sole earner in our house at the moment as I look after our children. We own our house, so we are a bit concerned about how we are going to pay a mortgage and feed ourselves on little to no money.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Anyone else living alone and feeling a bit lost ? its horrible being in by yourself right now

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I have a headache too but I think it is from dehydration as I definitely have not been drinking enough. We also get chinook winds, they knock the temperatures up a lot...it was -30 on Sat and now it is 2 degrees. At least I can open the windows now.

Reactions: 4
This is going to have huge implications on those with mental health issues - anxiety, depression, suicidal ideation, OCD, paranoia, social anxiety. We aren't prepared for the immensity of this situation.
This was my thinking. My best friend is anxious because she sees her aunt weekly since her mum/aunt sis died to keep her in good spirits as shes been suicidal in the past and is scared this might lead her to try again. She feels guilty as shes an only child and her aunt is already becoming withdrawn.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Anyone else living alone and feeling a bit lost ? its horrible being in by yourself right now
Hey, I'm not living alone but know that you can talk to us here. Perhaps there are people from your area that you could even video call with. We may not know each other but what a great way to form friendships.x

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Can I ask what are people doing who have teenagers? Are you still letting them out with pals after school? I think from tomorrow I’m going to get mine to stay in. Obviously if we go full lock down they will have to. Do I still let them out with friends while they’ve still got chance? I’m arguing with myself in my head about it 🙈

Can I ask what are people doing who have teenagers? Are you still letting them out with pals after school? I think from tomorrow I’m going to get mine to stay in. Obviously if we go full lock down they will have to. Do I still let them out with friends while they’ve still got chance? I’m arguing with myself in my head about it 🙈

My 14 year old goes to our local sports centre and plays football every Friday (ran by our council) I’ve told him he is not allowed to go for the foreseeable future as it’s so busy there. He’s not happy but understands.
My 16 year old has been self isolating since 2018 so nothings changed for him!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Boris’s speech will single handedly bring the leisure industry to its knees. By not enforcing a ban on attending clubs and pubs it means they can’t claim on insurance or against the government. The leisure sector is a really unstable as it is. This will kill it. All well and good balling out the fat cat tax dodgers though isn’t it!!!
Exactly. If the government doesn’t enforce a ban on the leisure sector, they are screwed as they won’t be able to claim business interruption insurance. Insurance companies are probably whispering into ears that they can’t afford to pay out for all the claims .. and the government won’t 😳want to bail them out.
Loss of life is one thing .. but this is causing such massive global economic loss for all 😬

• Sad
Reactions: 12
If you need anyone to chat to I'm in the same boat on my own with kids you can always message me anytime or anyone that feels on there own at a time like this please dont suffer in silence x
My Gp today told me that with an underactive thyroid, fibro and ME, I’m not in a high risk category and am not in more danger than anyone else, I’m now terrified if I am and she was wrong 🙁. I’m confused where someone said chronic illness is same risk as over 70s ☹

This is making my anxiety flare up bad again. I’ve a husband working from home now but 2 kids in high school and 1 in an office every day. I want to lock the door but know we can’t ☹
please try not to worry, I have got fibro , me and arthritis and my dr said im not high risk, i have got normal thyroid last time they checked so not exactly same as you, ive been very stressed and as you know it will only make us go into a flare. we have enough flares in winter dont we? its really hard anyway when we feel crap all the time, i know how it is, have you tried kalms tablets ? they help me a little bit. I think chronic illness is different to chronic pain conditions which is more what you and i have x sorry carebear didnt mean to quote you, as usual i have cocked up my post , i am always doing it .

Headache for the last two days tol. Could be this stinking cold but stress too. Lack of sleep. Although I do feel slightly less stressed tonight. My husband is limiting his jobs now and has sent emails to all customers and to his business page that anyone who is ill/feeling ill and self isolating and has any jobs booked in to let him know ASAP and he will risk assess the situation. He obviously doesn’t want anyone going without heating or hot water or leaks but he needs to put our family first. His father is elderly also and lives alone so he needs to make sure he’s doing okay. Not sure what we will do financially as he is self employed but we will find a way

Reactions: 1
I personally would tell them to stay in

My Gp today told me that with an underactive thyroid, fibro and ME, I’m not in a high risk category and am not in more danger than anyone else, I’m now terrified if I am and she was wrong 🙁. I’m confused where someone said chronic illness is same risk as over 70s ☹

This is making my anxiety flare up bad again. I’ve a husband working from home now but 2 kids in high school and 1 in an office every day. I want to lock the door but know we can’t ☹
I have Crohn's disease and also I'm not in the high risk category. I think it's just illnesses that can affect your lungs, heart etc. Although I'm worried having it will cause a knock on effect to my Crohn's.

I *think* I'm in the high risk category as I have injections that compromise my immune system.... Is my logic correct?
Sorry if I'm being thick

Hi guys, first time poster but long time lurker 👋🏼 I’m due to get married early May and we’re completely stuck on what to do. My poor grandparents will more than likely not be in attendance and I’m heartbroken at the thought of them not being there. Would you continue with the wedding (unless government put us all on lockdown) or postpone until another date so people can enjoy themselves without worrying about being around so many people (we have around 140 guests) and also have my grandparents there. I’ve not stopped thinking about the situation, it’s such a hard decision to make, especially with all the money spent. Don’t think we’ll win either way! 💔

• Sad
I suffer from severe anxiety and live across the world from my family — if anyone wants to chat privately I’d be happy to offer some company!

Reactions: 6
Our sunday league football for our son has been cancelled for the foreseeable.
I'm waiting for other activities to be cancelled like ballet, gym, swimming etc.

I *think* I'm in the high risk category as I have injections that compromise my immune system.... Is my logic correct?
Sorry if I'm being thick
if they are immunosuppressant drugs I would check with your dr , just to be on the extra safe side, we are still allowed to phone for general things aren't we? hope you find out x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.