Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well that’s good... but it should be all! And by eating outside do you mean takeaway or outside tables? Surely the latter still involves too much contact, especially when your inside paying, if you need to use the loo etc
they were saying outside at tables placed far apart, if indeed they had any outside space. Also stating no cash and only cards. Some even said they would be cleaning the card terminal after every use.

Well that’s good... but it should be all! And by eating outside do you mean takeaway or outside tables? Surely the latter still involves too much contact, especially when your inside paying, if you need to use the loo etc
they were saying both, outside at tables placed far apart, if indeed they had any outside space. Also stating no cash and only cards. Some even said they would be cleaning the card terminal after every use.

The announcement that people should “avoid bars and restaurants” has really angered me.
As someone who works in a restaurant on a zero hour contract this is putting my job at risk, we haven’t been told to close so we will stay open and I’m expected to go into work, but if people are being told to avoid then guess what, we get no customers, I get no hours and therefore end up with no money or even worse I end up not having a job all together!
So what am I supposed to do? I have no holidays left to take as we have to take them all before the new tax year in April, I can’t go on the sick because I’m not actually sick.
So where does this leave me? How am I supposed to support my little girl?
I personally think instead of telling people to avoid, we should be told to close all together!
Then companies can actually put something in place to help their employees instead of being left in this horrible limbo 😡
Yeah it really does suck, but I expect it will be this situation for a couple of days then the uncertainty will be removed when they are told to close.

I think they're doing this slow approach as they expect them to be shut for some time, 2 weeks might only just be the start.

I've kept all my children off school from today. My father in law returns from New York today but we will not be seeing him for two weeks. My husband is self employed and has to go out to work on building sites so I'm anxious about that. I'm a midwife so I have to go into hospital. I'm doing all I can to keep us safe. Bit it doesn't feel enough.

Reactions: 6
I've got to go into work today again, as there is no working at home for us even though we could! This morning I'm feeling very apprehensive, every day we go in, increases the chances of catching this wretched virus. I don't want to fall out with my boss obviously, but I feel they are totally minimising how serious this all is.
Your company has a duty of care to its employees, I have cancelled all our client visits and sent everyone home to work. I know that some of our clients will not be happy but quite frankly I could not care less. I don't know the personal circumstances of everyone I work with but I do not want them to feel pressured into being in the office when they might have loved ones they are worried about and are perfectly fine working from home.

I work in IT for context.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Really seems like business as usual in the UK.
N.I putting the rest of Ireland at risk when we are doing so much more here to stop the spread. Really hard to comprehend the attitude in the UK.

Reactions: 4
I have heard from someone who has a business with lorries that they have been busy transporting large concrete blocks around the country. These are to be used to close the motorways - not sure of the extent. We are probably only weeks away from a total shut down nationwide.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I have heard from someone who has a business with lorries that they have been busy transporting large concrete blocks around the country. These are to be used to close the motorways - not sure of the extent. We are probably only weeks away from a total shut down nationwide.
Ooooo, how's that going to work tho?

Thats some zombie movie apocalypse type tit 😦

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I was on the M6 yesterday and I did think “wow there are a lot more lorries on here than usual”. I drive it every day for my commute.

Really seems like business as usual in the UK.
N.I putting the rest of Ireland at risk when we are doing so much more here to stop the spread. Really hard to comprehend the attitude in the UK.
I'm just over the border in NI and most of our town has voluntarily shut down. Schools closed, pubs etc. I can only speak for everyone I know but they are all following their own self isolation and not waiting on the government to tell them.

Reactions: 3
I hope I am wrong - and as I said, I'm not sure about the extent of this, but that is what I've heard. It is the reason why uni students are going home - they don't want to be stranded.

Reactions: 1
I was on the M6 yesterday and I did think “wow there are a lot more lorries on here than usual”. I drive it every day for my commute.
I work in transport (not general haulage though) and more things are moving as deliveries have probably been upped to meet demand

Reactions: 6
Thats some zombie movie apocalypse type tit 😦
That’s what happened to shut down towns in the Hubei province where it all started...they had these road blocks barring traffic getting in or out. Just a month or so when I saw the footage of that I thought it was apocalyptic, crazy how it now may be happening here... though I’m still taking this information with a small pinch of salt because you hear a lot of this sort of thing these days....

Yeah, that would be a very bad idea. How do they expect shops to get their supplies? Carrier pigeon?! :rolleyes:

I'm totally grossed out by the whole thumbprint thing . Asked my son yesterday about this . They obviously have to use the thumbprint to pay for dinner but no one wipes it.... Although he's got hand gel he didn't even think to use it after touching it.....as it's a cashless system everyone touches it. 🤮😷🙄
Our school has stopped them using the thumb print to pay for meals. They have to just give their name and year group.

Will there be another update today?
Yes they’re going to do daily updates from now on.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.