Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My 14 year old goes to our local sports centre and plays football every Friday (ran by our council) I’ve told him he is not allowed to go for the foreseeable future as it’s so busy there. He’s not happy but understands.
My 16 year old has been self isolating since 2018 so nothings changed for him!
I personally would tell them to stay in
Yeah I think I’m going to Thankyou.

Reactions: 1
All schools where i am now closed for at east rest of this week
Where are you? I’m a teacher and we are carrying on! However I think a lack off staff will sink us before this virus does 🙈 We have anywhere between 60-70 kids in some classrooms today as staff were dropping like flies

Reactions: 3
We’re both self employed and own our house... a lot of my husband’s work relies on the retail sector and a lot of them have cancelled jobs.. scary times
My hubby runs his own company and we own our own home. It’s very worrying. Hubby is a gas man and electrician and his phone hasn’t stopped today, I think people are now wanting to get the jobs they’ve been putting off done ASAP incase we go into total lockdown.

• Sad
Where are you? I’m a teacher and we are carrying on! However I think a lack off staff will sink us before this virus does 🙈 We have anywhere between 60-70 kids in some classrooms today as staff were dropping like flies
I get that impression too seeing the staff who were off today. Some have a weakened immune system and our head sent them home.

Reactions: 2
Asda sent an email saying they are trying their best to fulfill delivery's and the slots they advertise are all they have. If people are self isolating to let them know & the driver will bag and leave shopping at the door or something. I tried to log in though and the sites down
I've just got this email not tried to log on but glad they have wrote an email

My work did a statement today about closing till further notice

My hubby runs his own company and we own our own home. It’s very worrying. Hubby is a gas man and electrician and his phone hasn’t stopped today, I think people are now wanting to get the jobs they’ve been putting off done ASAP incase we go into total lockdown.
Plumber hubby here and he’s been busy today he still isn’t home 🤣 I think he’s trying to squeeze as much jobs in as possible before he decides to stop non urgent jobs for a while

My husband just came in from work (he's a handyman for a nightclub that also own other businesses..) and supposedly on Friday night all the bar owners in the city are having a meeting to come to a joint decision whether they should all shut or stay open.. and his work want to stay open because "duck it lets make as much money as we can before we have to close." I really hope others don't have that mindset, because pissed dickheads already put enough strain on emergency services nevermind the risk of spreading the virus. Idiots.
This happened in Ireland on Saturday evening and by Sunday they were all ordered to close.

Just caught up with BoJo first daily conference

Boris: "This advice about avoiding all social contact is particularly important for people over 70, for pregnant women and for those with some health conditions."

What are SOME health conditions?

And avoiding social contact for 12 weeks, with entire households now being asked to self-isolate for 14 days if just one member has symptoms????

Affected people should only go out to exercise at a safe distance from others and not even leave the house for food????
I think he said chronic conditions like lung ,neurological ,heart disease if I remember right

I'm taking some stuff over to my Dad tomorrow morning, then god knows when I'll see him or Mum again. Both over 70, Dad has COPD and is on oxygen 24/7. Mum is still determined she's going out ("they'll have to take me bus pass off me first"), so I think Dad might have been right when he said she'd be the first to be arrested! :rolleyes:

Ironically, this was my last week of sick leave after being off since Christmas following a spinal operation, before returning to work in the nursery. Then that might shut down at some point anyway. Bloody typical!! (not that I want to go back but it was financial reasons that cut short my sick leave so this will screw us over completely - I can see us having to go cap-in-hand to the in-laws for a bail out :poop: )

• Sad
This is going to have huge implications on those with mental health issues - anxiety, depression, suicidal ideation, OCD, paranoia, social anxiety. We aren't prepared for the immensity of this situation.
I don’t really have many friends tbh either so always here for a chat if you need one 😊
Im in the same boat. Feel my anxiety and depression getting worse. Lonliness is a dangerous thing.x

I have Crohn's disease and also I'm not in the high risk category. I think it's just illnesses that can affect your lungs, heart etc. Although I'm worried having it will cause a knock on effect to my Crohn's.
I have Crohn’s as well and you are high risk if you are on Azathioprine or Infliximab as they suppress the immune system. I called my IBD nurse and they confirmed back to me that I should begin to work from home if possible etc.

Grand National cancelled , at least it'll save some poor horse getting it's neck broke if nothing else...

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Same here. I run a security door company and people are wanting them done asap. I'm guessing security is a top priority if people start thieving to sell on so they can feed their families. Same happens at Christmas! We are always busiest at Christmas with break ins. Its horrible really.
Anyways back on topic.. I read that Italy went from 11 deaths to 50 in 7 days, it took the UK three days. We seem to be progressing faster than Italy and Boris' attitude is "if you die, you die".. really annoying.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Our sunday league football for our son has been cancelled for the foreseeable.
I'm waiting for other activities to be cancelled like ballet, gym, swimming etc.
So far, the organisers of our kids hobbies (swimming, gym, cross country) have confirmed that as long as schools stay open their club/hobby will continue as normal. It was my understanding from the briefing earlier today that all these ‘non-essential’ social contact activities should now cease!?

Playing devils advocate, I guess if the kids are at school all day then they are thinking what’s the point closing the gym class that evening?

I don’t mean to sound like a snobby twit but I am educated to degree level and think I’m fairly smart so if I’m doubting the guidance then god help the rest of the country 🤷‍♀️ (I know I can reply on my fellow Tattlers to give it to me straight...I.e “Nah you’re just being thick love!)

Reactions: 4
So I'm supposed to self contain for 12 weeks as I'm vulnerable but have hospital appointments to attend that can't be missed. What do I do? Not getting any advice from the hospital others than treatment is carrying on as normal. I feel sick

Reactions: 2
Grand National cancelled , at least it'll save some poor horse getting it's neck broke if nothing else...
I thought they would still do it behind closed doors because it’s such a money spinner for the betting companies. I understand their reasoning but am a bit surprised.

I wonder if he had been in contact with a confirmed case... Seems it's famous people or government that getting tested but the rest of us just have to stay at home!
Englands Chief Medical Officer, Dr Chris Whitty said in the UK we have 3 levels of testing
1. Testing in intensive care systems
2. Testing in hospital for people who have pneumonia and milder disease
3. GP network - testing in the community

No longer testing based on geographical

To those asking, Boris briefly mentioned in his speech about self isolating for the over 70's, pregnant women and vulnerable.
The Witty bloke then went further into that and gave a long winded but still lacking in much detail explanation.
So what i got from it was, if you are over 70 healthy or unhealthy you self isolate. If you are in the last 12 weeks of your pregnancy you self isolate, he explained this was because they were still in the early stages of understanding the virus and wanted to err on the side of caution.
He also said that vulnerable people will be asked to self isolate. These are people who receive the flu jab for medical conditions. He listed kidney disease and possibly heart/liver disease but made it sound like there were others.
He went on to say that there would also be a very small group of other medically vulnerable people asked to isolate. Those would be people who had Leukaemia etc
He did say they would put up a list shortly, a few hours. But nothing has come to light.

I would assume if you are in those categories and have school aged children they will need to be taken out of school to isolate alongside you. Otherwise the isolation would be pointless.

The video of the press conference is on youtube for anyone who wants to listen to it with their own ears.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.