Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
407 new cases today
ok, that sounds bad but I wish they would break it down further, how many at home with mild symptoms?, how many in hospital? If they are now only testing those needing hospital treatment, are we to assume thats 407 admitted to hospital?

Reactions: 5
Sorry to be a bit dim, but are animals not affected in any way by this?

Reactions: 1
Just been to Lidl. Would not recommend. 2/10 ( Plenty of paracetamol though 😘)

Reactions: 2
I wonder why they’ve stopped announcing the deaths in the gov website. 407 is a huge jump but if they’re saying there’s actually thousands untested, maybe it’s the death rate we need to be watching if they expect it to keep doubling.

Reactions: 3
To anyone who read my previous post, it took me a while to get through to ACAS. They have since confirmed that it is not legal to force someone in my situation onto SSP when they are willing and able to work from home. If my employer wishes for me to stay at home and it is their choice, then they are to pay you full pay still.

I’m actually so upset that this is happening to me. Apparently the reason it’s being done is because they can’t afford to buy me a laptop and “logistically” as I live furthest from the office they thought it would be easier for them to not have me there and have one person who lives closer do everything.
There are some unscrupulous employers out there. (Speaking from experience). Let us know how you get on. I’d try and get everything from them over email as evidence x

Reactions: 4
well I’m on a roll today, been blocked by 3 so far for telling them they are insensitive and atrocious humans.. I don’t usually get wound up but in times like these they really need to think about their content.. drivel onto your mates but to an audience.. bit acceptable
I was blocked by someone last week. I wasn’t rude but just said that if all they had to worry about was the shape of their plant ‘not matching’ the space then they were lucky.

Reactions: 8
How long until they announced UK school closures do we reckon? I'm debating keeping my two off school anyway but wondering when they'll announce closures. Surely it'll have to be soon
I’m thinking they’ll announce it on Friday. I’ve kept my son off nursery this week and we’re staying at home for the foreseeable. I can’t take the risk he or my husband will catch it as they have asthma and are therefore a higher risk.

ok, that sounds bad but I wish they would break it down further, how many at home with mild symptoms?, how many in hospital? If they are now only testing those needing hospital treatment, are we to assume thats 407 admitted to hospital?
Yeah I assume that's 407 in hospital as they are not testing anyone in the community anymore. So these will all be people with severe symptoms.

Reactions: 3
I’m a bit shocked. I just checked in with a very close friend I’ve not been in contact with since the crisis really took hold. After the usual “isn’t it crazy” messages she wrote “do you want to go for a pint later? I know Boris said not to but I think that’s OTT”
I’m shocked that anyone is still talking that way at this point let alone someone i consider a close friend of the same age, who lives in the same part of the country, similar education etc...
I deliberately tried not to be disdainful in my reply, asked why she thought that and explained how very serious it is, how it’s not just about risking your own health etc
I also sent a link to that Newsweek article someone posted here saying much the same thing in stronger terms.
After a good while she replied that sorry she was busy with working from home (she was perfectly chatty before) and she’ll text later. I BET she doesn’t. Don’t really know how to feel about it.
I remember in 2008 when I had no job for months my friend who was working text me to ask if I wanted to get a tattoo. There are some insensitive, selfish, non compassionate idiots out there x

Yeah I assume that's 407 in hospital as they are not testing anyone in the community anymore. So these will all be people with severe symptoms.
Didn’t he say yesterday that they’re ramping up testing again? I feel like without WAY more facts than we are being given, the numbers are useless really and are just inciting panic and confusion.

Anyone think/hope GCSE’s will be postponed? My son is due to start his this year and he already struggles and has been allocated extra time. I’m worried about the added pressure for him now 😞

Avoid crowded places and avoid travel the expert is saying on sky news . Avoid close social contact. All things that school children do everyday I don’t get it I really don’t .

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.